Page 61 of 72 FirstFirst ... 11 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 LastLast
Results 901 to 915 of 1073

Thread: The final obstacle to the T-Mobile/Sprint Merger Begins Tomorrow

  1. #901
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    18,897
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    No disagreement with you there. We can only speculate at this point.

    The odds of roaming agreements being canceled is very unlikely. Such agreements are for X years and aren't re-negotiated until they get ready to expire.

    I am unsure what Sprint might do if the the merger fails, but then again I am not paid to offer my recommendations in this matter.

    I am not a corporate executive and I don't play one on television.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

  2. #902
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    15,922
    Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    More than likely plan price changes would effect new lines of service, not existing plans
    Until they obsolete the grandfathered plans and force you on a new one, as they have in the past.
    Donald Newcomb

  3. #903
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    18,897
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Maybe this wasn't already made clear, by myself and other forum moderators. Enough of the off-topic comments or carrier bashing. A few posts in this thread were removed. If it happens again this thread will be closed and more bans handed out.

  4. #904
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    322
    Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    T-Mobile will be fine in Orlando and Saint Petersburg. In Ocala you'll have issues if you leave the core area and go out to the more rural areas.

  5. #905
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,430
    Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    They have a $35 a month Kickstarter plan, a $60 unlimited plan, and I believe lines 3-5 on family plans are still free. So you can get something like 5 lines for like 125.
    Guess I didn't scroll down far enough.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

  6. #906
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,430
    Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAngela View Post
    I think that that plan is like paying rack rate at a hotel. Very few people actually ever do that. Everyone has some sort of a deal. No one would pay $70 per month for Sprint service.
    I would do Verizon or ATT on an MVNO for less than that.

  7. #907
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,971
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAngela View Post
    You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime you'll find you get what you need.
    T-Mobile will be fine to the extent they do currently have some mid band that they can use DSS on. They will likely get some CBAND( though it will be less than what they could have had with Sprint and it will delay mid band 5G rollout ) they still could have used that PCS spectrum of Sprint's too. Areas like mine they desperately needed it.

    Sprint is not going to be in a good position. This notion that they will suddenly care about investing in the network. Why haven't they been doing it? And the notion that if the don't go bankrupt but become this regional carrier for say the top 30-50 markets that's ok because that's where most of the people live anyway is naive, How many people already avoid Sprint because it works where they live but not anywhere else they go? Expect that situation to be even worse. And sure the areas they abandon they could sell that spectrum off to T-Mobile. They could also sell it to Verizon or at&t too. And also as the shrink in size jobs will be lost which is one of the reason why the AGs say the merger can't happen. And there is ZERO doubt in my mind that price increases are also coming if there isn't a deal. So how does the AGs logic of "No merger because of price increases and job cuts" make sense if Sprint is going to go ahead and cut jobs and raise prices? How does Sprint being a city only carrier help RURAL areas which is another reason they want to deny the merger.

  8. #908
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    513
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    T-Mobile will be fine to the extent they do currently have some mid band that they can use DSS on. They will likely get some CBAND( though it will be less than what they could have had with Sprint and it will delay mid band 5G rollout ) they still could have used that PCS spectrum of Sprint's too. Areas like mine they desperately needed it.

    Sprint is not going to be in a good position. This notion that they will suddenly care about investing in the network. Why haven't they been doing it? And the notion that if the don't go bankrupt but become this regional carrier for say the top 30-50 markets that's ok because that's where most of the people live anyway is naive, How many people already avoid Sprint because it works where they live but not anywhere else they go? Expect that situation to be even worse. And sure the areas they abandon they could sell that spectrum off to T-Mobile. They could also sell it to Verizon or at&t too. And also as the shrink in size jobs will be lost which is one of the reason why the AGs say the merger can't happen. And there is ZERO doubt in my mind that price increases are also coming if there isn't a deal. So how does the AGs logic of "No merger because of price increases and job cuts" make sense if Sprint is going to go ahead and cut jobs and raise prices? How does Sprint being a city only carrier help RURAL areas which is another reason they want to deny the merger.
    Well, to be fair son did announce sprint was going to invest in the network. Then all of a sudden the tmobile merger talks started up again. Son also claimed he would pay off sprints debt if needed, then tmobile merger talks started up again. The easy answer to why they haven't the last 2 years is simple, no reason to with the merger pending.

    People forget exactly how the merger talks went down. They started end of 2016ish early 2017, Softbank called them off, declared they would invest in the network, and all of a sudden, talks started back up again. This is also around the same time he texted that he would pay off sprints debt if needed. So it appears when there is no merger, son was willing to invest into the company. But, why let facts ruin a good fairy tale, we got to pretend that never happened. Shhhhhh. I won't tell anyone.


    If the merger fails, I believe Son will announce that Softbank will invest x amount into sprint for network improvements, and will pay off x amount of debt. They have to be careful not to tank the stock if the merger fails so I would expect this announcement to come fairly quickly if that does happen.

  9. #909
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,971
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Well, to be fair son did announce sprint was going to invest in the network. Then all of a sudden the tmobile merger talks started up again. Son also claimed he would pay off sprints debt if needed, then tmobile merger talks started up again. The easy answer to why they haven't the last 2 years is simple, no reason to with the merger pending.

    People forget exactly how the merger talks went down. They started end of 2016ish early 2017, Softbank called them off, declared they would invest in the network, and all of a sudden, talks started back up again. This is also around the same time he texted that he would pay off sprints debt if needed. So it appears when there is no merger, son was willing to invest into the company. But, why let facts ruin a good fairy tale, we got to pretend that never happened. Shhhhhh. I won't tell anyone.


    If the merger fails, I believe Son will announce that Softbank will invest x amount into sprint for network improvements, and will pay off x amount of debt. They have to be careful not to tank the stock if the merger fails so I would expect this announcement to come fairly quickly if that does happen.
    I do not believe and will not anything Son has to say. So what he has said or will say is moot to me. If the merger is blocked and once the deal is officially killed with 60 days job cuts will be announced within 120 days new more expensive plans will be announced. Quote me and call me out later if I'm wrong.

  10. #910
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    322
    Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    I do not believe and will not anything Son has to say. So what he has said or will say is moot to me. If the merger is blocked and once the deal is officially killed with 60 days job cuts will be announced within 120 days new more expensive plans will be announced. Quote me and call me out later if I'm wrong.
    With or without the merger there will be job cuts. But the more expensive plans will only occur if the merger goes through.

  11. #911
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    513
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    I do not believe and will not anything Son has to say. So what he has said or will say is moot to me. If the merger is blocked and once the deal is officially killed with 60 days job cuts will be announced within 120 days new more expensive plans will be announced. Quote me and call me out later if I'm wrong.
    This would tank his stock. You may not believe son, but, he is not stupid.i believe If the merger fails, all the news out of softbank on sprint will be positive. How they feel they can compete, how they will invest in it, how they will be fine. The stock will drop like a rock if the merger is denied, they have to counter the bad news. If job losses occur, I doubt it's announced right away. They have to give investors some confidence immediately following the denial, that's if the merger is denied.

  12. #912
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,971
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAngela View Post
    With or without the merger there will be job cuts. But the more expensive plans will only occur if the merger goes through.
    You are wrong because Sprint will be tired of losing as much money.

  13. #913
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,971
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    This would tank his stock. You may not believe son, but, he is not stupid.i believe If the merger fails, all the news out of softbank on sprint will be positive. How they feel they can compete, how they will invest in it, how they will be fine. The stock will drop like a rock if the merger is denied, they have to counter the bad news. If job losses occur, I doubt it's announced right away. They have to give investors some confidence immediately following the denial, that's if the merger is denied.
    Notice I said with 60 days. Plenty of time for Son to lie and calm everyone down before announcing the inevitable. As far as the stock tanking. It's already basically a penny stock.

  14. #914
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    322
    Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    You are wrong because Sprint will be tired of losing as much money.
    Sprint can't just raise rates and believe that suddenly they will stop losing money. The world doesn't work that way. Rates are set by the market. Sprint would lose even more money if they raised rates because there is sufficient competition. Sprint already has much lower rates with all their various promotions and family plans. And don't forget that they offered people free service for an entire year as well!

    Eliminate 25% of the national carriers and rates go up. Period. Verizon and AT&T are probably hoping for the merger to go through and for Sprint to stop their endless desperation pricing offers.

    If the merger doesn't go through, then Softbank will follow through on their commitment to invest in Sprint. Or perhaps they'll sell Sprint to someone who had deep pockets and is willing to invest in the company.

    It's would serve everyone better if we agreed to base our opinions on factual data rather than wild predictions that have no logical basis. We already have seen how T-Mobile and Sprint have had to promise no rate increases and no job cuts for a certain period of time, even though obviously they don't need so many duplicate functions that aren't based on the number of subscribers. They may need just as many call center employees but they don't need a lot of other duplicate departments. They certainly don't need two sets of retail stores.
    Last edited by CanadianAngela; 01-17-2020 at 07:33 PM.

  15. #915
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    189
    Device(s)
    Looking for new one
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Well, to be fair son did announce sprint was going to invest in the network. Then all of a sudden the tmobile merger talks started up again. Son also claimed he would pay off sprints debt if needed, then tmobile merger talks started up again. The easy answer to why they haven't the last 2 years is simple, no reason to with the merger pending.

    People forget exactly how the merger talks went down. They started end of 2016ish early 2017, Softbank called them off, declared they would invest in the network, and all of a sudden, talks started back up again. This is also around the same time he texted that he would pay off sprints debt if needed. So it appears when there is no merger, son was willing to invest into the company. But, why let facts ruin a good fairy tale, we got to pretend that never happened. Shhhhhh. I won't tell anyone.


    If the merger fails, I believe Son will announce that Softbank will invest x amount into sprint for network improvements, and will pay off x amount of debt. They have to be careful not to tank the stock if the merger fails so I would expect this announcement to come fairly quickly if that does happen.
    I am just wondering how throwing money into Sprint fixes them. They haven't been in a Spectrum auction in 10 years. A low band spectrum auction doesn't seem to be on the itinerary of the FCC any time soon. Sitting on a huge mine of 2500 mhz is great but that will need a lot of towers to blanket the country. If you look around, getting towers built in any kind of community with people living there is like sitting in Atilla the Hun, DDS office waiting on a root canal. They are going to need a lot of towers to build out 2500 mhz spectrum or else it will continue to be the swiss cheese it is now.

    If Son, pays down the 42 billion dollar debt, what company is he going to rob Peter to pay Paul. Not to mention after doing that, what is left to spend on re-farming spectrum to 5G and adding all those new towers. Sprint to me looks like they are between a rock and a hard place. I know many people think that some cable company will be a White Knight by coming into buy it. Source:
    https://twitter.com/waltlightshed/st...040278020?s=21

    I would be shocked if someone else will buy into this situation that isn't all ready a wireless carrier. They will be used as leverage into getting a better deal with a carrier that all ready blankets the nation. Just like Comcast did.

Page 61 of 72 FirstFirst ... 11 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-06-2019, 12:38 AM
  2. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 02-26-2019, 10:29 AM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 08:36 AM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-21-2003, 09:31 PM
  5. finally, i got the real answers to the a530
    By Vyruz Reaper in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 12:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks