Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Just came back to T-Mobile from At&t

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    Band 71 doesn't have any good for the internet speed.. very little improvement from B12 for coverage, much slower speed compare with Band 4

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
    For you maybe, exception not the rule since it covers what 12 doesn't for me and many others...... And I travel up to 300 miles from work east north west and south. Dramatically improved over my pixel 2.

But your comment was not needed as op has iPhone 11 so he has it.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryland View Post
    What plan has unlimited high speed tethering? Attachment 164749
    Read to the end of my post there.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    Read to the end of my post there.
    I should have kept that unlimited tethering for $25 when I could have gotten it. I do regret not getting that.
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"

Feedback Score
    I grabbed it a few days before they dropped it. I had been on Simple Choice for a long while, and never bothered to move--until they said it was going away. I think the net price for me went from $70 (Simple Choice) to $75 (55+ with the $25 add-on).

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by michko View Post
    I look forward to the simple billing. At&t was a nightmare for the last two years.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    How’s the network speed working out for you? I know they’re a bit congested where you are...

I just made them my primary after several months of carrying them around and testing. It works pretty well where I use it. The worst places for them is downtown and on the Dan Ryan at rush hour, and generally anywhere there’s a lot of people.

I signed up for a month of AT&T prepaid service and they just don’t have enough sites anywhere, and they slow down a lot during peak hours despite how much spectrum they have online.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    FYI... T-Mobile useless free TV is a app called “T-Mobile Play”. I use it every now and then when I want to catch the news. Unfortunately it is NBC Fake News.
    Yeah, I was very unimpressed. It was all the same little news clip junk found all over the web... BUT NOW IN AN APP WITH A MAGENTA FRONT SCREEN.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    FYI... T-Mobile useless free TV is a app called “T-Mobile Play”. I use it every now and then when I want to catch the news. Unfortunately it is NBC Fake News.
    Hope they won't put FoxNews to there

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Yeah, I was very unimpressed. It was all the same little news clip junk found all over the web... BUT NOW IN AN APP WITH A MAGENTA FRONT SCREEN.
    They been using this on metro for a while. It's called metro play over there. I know during the summer they had a 3rd party group paying metro users $150 to complete a 2 month study and survey to improve the app enough to be released on a more mainstream basis. Apparently that didn't fix it lol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    Hope they won't put FoxNews to there

Why?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punishedsnake View Post
    Why?

Can't handle the truth. That's why.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 55+in CA View Post
    Can't handle the truth. That's why.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Well, considering TMobile largely markets to the millennial generation, a news channel that caters to, some would call, out of touch boomers likely doesn't appeal to most of their base.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Well, considering TMobile largely markets to the millennial generation, a news channel that caters to, some would call, out of touch boomers likely doesn't appeal to most of their base.
    It's funny about marketing to a specific generation, especially youngsters. Toyota did that, with their Scion brand. Much to their chagrin, they found that (a) younger people weren't particularly buying new cars, even at that price point and with the ability to "customize" them, and (b) old people with lots of money were happy to buy Scion cars--cars that were dead reliable Toyotas, at a lower price point (how do you think the old people with money go to have money?), and the xB which was the perfect confluence of inexpensive and very easy to get into and out of for old people.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to shove marketing efforts at youngsters, who respond to marketing efforts and who don't necessarily take the time to understand the value proposition--they simply respond to the flashy marketing and "are my friends doing it too?". And if your product has a high value in the marketplace, the older experienced people will find out for themselves. They don't easily and automatically respond to marketing or "are my friends doing it" (age and experience will do that to you), but they do respond to value.

So T-Mobile no doubt has lots of older customers, especially with their 55+ programs (the data for which would tell them what to do with Fox News, no doubt). But none of the overt marketing is particularly aimed at them.

Whatever they're doing, it works.

Feedback Score
    It's funny about marketing to a specific generation, especially youngsters. Toyota did that, with their Scion brand. Much to their chagrin, they found that (a) younger people weren't particularly buying new cars, even at that price point and with the ability to "customize" them, and (b) old people with lots of money were happy to buy Scion cars--cars that were dead reliable Toyotas, at a lower price point (how do you think the old people with money go to have money?), and the xB which was the perfect confluence of inexpensive and very easy to get into and out of for old people.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to shove marketing efforts at youngsters, who respond to marketing efforts and who don't necessarily take the time to understand the value proposition--they simply respond to the flashy marketing and "are my friends doing it too?". And if your product has a high value in the marketplace, the older experienced people will find out for themselves. They don't easily and automatically respond to marketing or "are my friends doing it" (age and experience will do that to you), but they do respond to value.

So T-Mobile no doubt has lots of older customers, especially with their 55+ programs (the data for which would tell them what to do with Fox News, no doubt). But none of the overt marketing is particularly aimed at them.

Agreed

Feedback Score

While I agree with this, TMobile made a, not so subtle, push to advertise to millennials at the start of their "uncarrier" marketing campaign. Now, TMobile doesn't make their demographics public, most 3rd party polls, and even trends in things such as voice usage and data usage suggest Tmobiles base is made up of the people they marketed towards. Not saying TMobile doesn't have 55+ users, of course they do, and who knows, maybe they will make Fox news a part of their app, but, the app itself it even marketed towards millennials with quick, mainly funny and pop culture related clips, In the style more of something such as tic Tok, or snapchat stories, over more traditional news sources.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Fox vs no Fox may be a money and licensing issue more than a political preference. Fox News is on cable but not on Fox affiliate OTA stations.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast