Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Just came back to T-Mobile from At&t

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Fox vs no Fox may be a money and licensing issue more than a political preference. Fox News is on cable but not on Fox affiliate OTA stations.
    Not just political preference, but demographic preference, TMobile play seems to be more in line with snapchat stories, with a lot of pop culture stories or comedy selfie videos, which I don't think has a large following with the age demographic Fox news generally targets.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    It's funny about marketing to a specific generation, especially youngsters. Toyota did that, with their Scion brand. Much to their chagrin, they found that (a) younger people weren't particularly buying new cars, even at that price point and with the ability to "customize" them, and (b) old people with lots of money were happy to buy Scion cars--cars that were dead reliable Toyotas, at a lower price point (how do you think the old people with money go to have money?), and the xB which was the perfect confluence of inexpensive and very easy to get into and out of for old people.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to shove marketing efforts at youngsters, who respond to marketing efforts and who don't necessarily take the time to understand the value proposition--they simply respond to the flashy marketing and "are my friends doing it too?". And if your product has a high value in the marketplace, the older experienced people will find out for themselves. They don't easily and automatically respond to marketing or "are my friends doing it" (age and experience will do that to you), but they do respond to value.

So T-Mobile no doubt has lots of older customers, especially with their 55+ programs (the data for which would tell them what to do with Fox News, no doubt). But none of the overt marketing is particularly aimed at them.

Whatever they're doing, it works.
    Age discrimination always makes opposite effects...

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    It wasn't "age discrimination" in terms of a legally protected class. It was just good business, or so Toyota thought. Market toward the youngsters, and pay no attention to the older generations. That's perfectly acceptable, and in many cases strongly preferred.

So is the reverse--unless you think marketing adult diapers to 20 year olds is a good way to spend your money.

No legally protected classes here. Nothing to see. Move along.

Feedback Score
    I love how they include taxes and fees.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    They have great marketing to young and old alike. Sadly our of the city they do not really work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprint1 View Post
    I love how they include taxes and fees.

Yes, it makes the others seem dishonest in comparison, doesn't it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Yes, it makes the others seem dishonest in comparison, doesn't it?
    The other carriers seem to have embraced it with their prepaid offerings, at&t's cricket, verizons visible and sprints boost all include taxes and fees, they just don't seem to want to include it in their postpaid offerings.

Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by high technology View Post
    Well, I never had AT&T postpaid, but in the 5ish years with T-Mobile, I have had tons of billing issues. To this day, my SimpleChouce plan online shows $140, less a 10% discount for a net cost of $126 (plus taxes/fees). But the stopped reflecting the discount over the summer. T-Mobile argues I never should have had the discount, as no Simple Choice plan was ever eligible. Despite my explaining that when I signed up it was, and I kept SC intentionally for the discount and because the plan met my needs.

Through some arm twisting I am getting a $25/month credit until January, so I will be switching carriers later this month. The fact that loyalty means nothing, and the only hardware promos are new lines on ONE was the dealbreaker for me. I may come back at some point, but it would have to be as a new customer on One with something like a free line promo, which also isn’t offered as an upgrade option.

I realize others do this too, so it’s simply time to hop.
    Were you verifying the annual emails that T-Mobile sends to maintain the discount!? I'm on Simple Choice and still get my 15% corporate discount.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3