Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Just came back to T-Mobile from At&t

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Just came back to T-Mobile from At&t

I look forward to the simple billing. At&t was a nightmare for the last two years.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Cool

Hopefully you have a new ish device with band 71

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punishedsnake View Post
    Cool

I got an iPhone 11 so it better have it....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by michko View Post
    I got an iPhone 11 so it better have it....

U good

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Old school below the line billing sucks.
    I look forward to the simple billing. At&t was a nightmare for the last two years.

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    Is there any reason besides billing that you changed over?

I recently finished a 4 month test in the field, my t-mo service vs new AT&T service. Each phone was a carrier-branded phone, a t-mo Galaxy S10+ and an AT&T S9+. So I wasn't skimping on hardware. And as I have T-Mo's best service with unlimited high speed tethering and all the other goodies, I got AT&T's best service as well.

What I found was that where I travel, overall, AT&T service was no better or worse than T-Mo service. There were individual spots and circumstances where one was clearly superior to the other, but that was true of each service--and those were few and far between.

So it all came out in the wash as far as the actual product itself was concerned. As for features: the AT&T service came with some linear pay TV product I wasn't interested in, and was limited to 10GB of high speed tethering. T-Mobile doesn't come with useless pay TV service, but their high speed tethering is unlimited. So the features all came out equivalent in the wash as well.

The bottom line was, AT&T was ten bucks more than T-Mobile--$85 vs $75. It's not a huge amount, but seriously, there was ZERO reason to pay AT&T extra for no difference in the service.

Plus, I tether quite a bit while traveling for work, and I never used the AT&T linear TV service, so that made it an even clearer choice for me.

Neither product is available anymore, which is the nature of the beast. Maybe the monthly numbers have changed.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post

I recently finished a 4 month test in the field, my t-mo service vs new AT&T service. Each phone was a carrier-branded phone, a t-mo Galaxy S10+ and an AT&T S9+. So I wasn't skimping on hardware. And as I have T-Mo's best service with unlimited high speed tethering and all the other goodies, I got AT&T's best service as well.

What I found was that where I travel, overall, AT&T service was no better or worse than T-Mo service. There were individual spots and circumstances where one was clearly superior to the other, but that was true of each service--and those were few and far between.

So it all came out in the wash as far as the actual product itself was concerned. As for features: the AT&T service came with some linear pay TV product I wasn't interested in, and was limited to 10GB of high speed tethering. T-Mobile doesn't come with useless pay TV service, but their high speed tethering is unlimited. So the features all came out equivalent in the wash as well.

The bottom line was, AT&T was ten bucks more than T-Mobile--$85 vs $75. It's not a huge amount, but seriously, there was ZERO reason to pay AT&T extra for no difference in the service.

Plus, I tether quite a bit while traveling for work, and I never used the AT&T linear TV service, so that made it an even clearer choice for me.

Neither product is available anymore, which is the nature of the beast. Maybe the monthly numbers have changed.
    Yeah I'm finding similar with tmobile service being similar to the rest. It basically comes down to price and features. Tmobile also seems much better with unlocked phones and WiFi calling etc.

Att billing is atrocious for sure, every month i had to call to get it fixed. The last month they wouldn't fix it so I bailed right after getting a price increase email. Out of all the carriers tmobiles billing seems to be the most fair with the least bs, even Verizon billing seems better than Att.

I'm back on tmobile as my primary line and love it this go around. Also have a Verizon prepaid that I like but postpaid Att and Verizon aren't suited for me

I remember changing my phone number and it gave me a prorated bill with an extra 30 in charges for that month. Att waived the phone number change fee but the prorated got me anyways.

I like the Att network but they suck to deal with
    Sent from my VS880 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score

Around Columbus T-Mobile is a lot better overall as well. I only keep the AT&T due to me actually using the linear TV and having that $0 "for life" 100/20 VDSL2 line bundled in with it.

I do still pay for a T-Mobile line and just use DualSIM though, so I can have service around here in buildings where AT&T does not work.
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Well, I never had AT&T postpaid, but in the 5ish years with T-Mobile, I have had tons of billing issues. To this day, my SimpleChouce plan online shows $140, less a 10% discount for a net cost of $126 (plus taxes/fees). But the stopped reflecting the discount over the summer. T-Mobile argues I never should have had the discount, as no Simple Choice plan was ever eligible. Despite my explaining that when I signed up it was, and I kept SC intentionally for the discount and because the plan met my needs.

Through some arm twisting I am getting a $25/month credit until January, so I will be switching carriers later this month. The fact that loyalty means nothing, and the only hardware promos are new lines on ONE was the dealbreaker for me. I may come back at some point, but it would have to be as a new customer on One with something like a free line promo, which also isn’t offered as an upgrade option.

I realize others do this too, so it’s simply time to hop.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Sometimes in life we need occasional nightmares to help us appreciate what’s really important to us.

Glad to have you back.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Sometimes in life we need occasional nightmares to help us appreciate what’s really important to us.
    I can appreciate nightmares from a distance. Homeostasis is just fine by me.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

FYI... T-Mobile useless free TV is a app called “T-Mobile Play”. I use it every now and then when I want to catch the news. Unfortunately it is NBC Fake News.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punishedsnake View Post
    Cool

Band 71 doesn't have any good for the internet speed.. very little improvement from B12 for coverage, much slower speed compare with Band 4

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus Product Red
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    As for features: the AT&T service came with some linear pay TV product I wasn't interested in, and was limited to 10GB of high speed tethering. T-Mobile doesn't come with useless pay TV service, but their high speed tethering is unlimited. So the features all came out equivalent in the wash as well.
    What plan has unlimited high speed tethering? Name:  T.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  38.0 KB
    Personal Highest on LTE - US RT 1 and MD-152

Home internet - Verizon Fios 150/150 (Upgraded to Gigabit Jan. 26 2019)

Fios Gigabit:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryland View Post
    What plan has unlimited high speed tethering? Name:  T.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  38.0 KB
    At&t is joke...

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast