Thread: Phone activated but no 4g data

Feedback Score

Phone activated but no 4g data

I have a new unlocked Galaxy S9. I bought a Verizon sim from straight talk. I can call or text but don't have data. It have seen the icon flash on and off a few times. I've tried updating APN settings and turning my phone on and off many times. I've always talked to straight talk multiple times now with no help. Any suggestions?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole92 View Post
    I have a new unlocked Galaxy S9. I bought a Verizon sim from straight talk. I can call or text but don't have data. It have seen the icon flash on and off a few times. I've tried updating APN settings and turning my phone on and off many times. I've always talked to straight talk multiple times now with no help. Any suggestions?
    If you don’t see your data icon it’s either your apn is incorrect or data is not enabled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Feedback Score
    You’re going to have to call straight talk.
    I had the same problem when I switched to straight talk
    I also didn’t have Visual voicemail either they eventually figured it out and everything‘s working great now

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoo583 View Post
    You’re going to have to call straight talk.
    I had the same problem when I switched to straight talk
    I also didn’t have Visual voicemail either they eventually figured it out and everything‘s working great now

I've tried tried calling straight talk a few times already and been on the phone for like 2 hours each time and they haven't been any help. They just tell me the same thing to do every time and it doesn't work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
    If you don’t see your data icon it’s either your apn is incorrect or data is not enabled

I know data is enabled. The phone says I've used like 5 mb of data and flashed on and off a few times. I've tried verizon APN settings that straight talk gave me and ones that I found online people said worked and nothing worked. I've also tried all the settings that came pre programmed in the phone as well. I thought maybe since data did come on and off a few times that maybe something else was going on I could try. I'll keep doing research and maybe I'll find APN settings that work with my phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The correct APN name is: VZWINTERNET
    Personal: Sprint Apple iPhone 6s (A1688) on Sprint Post Paid SERO Premium SWAC Plus running iOS 13.3 with Sprint 40.0 and PRL 55071 and modem firmware 7.30.02 and SIM card version 63.09a
    Work: Verizon LG G2

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techguru View Post
    The correct APN name is: VZWINTERNET
    Not always. There is a TRACFONE.VZWENTP for some people with Verizon based SIMs. Then if you have AT&T and T-Mobile based SIMs, it will be different too.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    i dont have a galaxy S9 or Straighttalk but I ran into a similar situation as you on Pageplus

can you send and receive mms picture files? mms pictures uses data so if you can, then something is working.

when you call, do you have a volte or hd voice icon? or does it change to 3g or 1xx?

what is your preferred network type? can you changed your preferred network type to LTE only? you might be able to get to it from Network or Mobile Network menu. I had to go to the phone dialer and dial *#*#4636#*#* to see mines