Thread: J7 Crown battery issues

Device(s)
    LG Fiesta 2, Samsung J3 Sky, Core Prime
    Carrier(s)
    GV, TF, TW (VZW)
    Feedback Score

J7 Crown battery issues

I recently bought a new Total Wireless J7 Crown directly from Amazon and I really like the phone, but there is definitely something wrong with the battery. After two hours of charging with the phone turned off, it only went up 30%. I've never had a a phone charge that slow before. Also, when the the phone is turned off overnight, it loses 2-3% charge. It drains fast while using it and actually reminds me of the short battery life of my J3 Sky. Lastly, it was supposed to come with Android 8.0, but the settings show Android 9...

I'm definitely going to return or exchange it. Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have not see this issue with my J7 Crown S767VL. There is an app on the phone that shows what app is using the most battery too.

By the way, my J7 Crown had Android 8.0, but it upgraded to Android 9.0 a few months ago.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Rain View Post
    Lastly, it was supposed to come with Android 8.0, but the settings show Android 9...

I'm definitely going to return or exchange it. Has anyone else experienced similar issues?
    It likely came with 8 and upgraded to 9 when you turned on Wi-Fi during the set-up process.

Feedback Score
    I got a refurbished J7 Crown from the TF website about 6 months ago. When I first went to charge it, plugged into the charging wire I usually use, it would not charge. I guess it doesn't like the older charge cords. I then used the charge cord that came with the phone and it charged fine. I haven't been using it as a daily phone so I can't comment on the regular battery life.

I think charge cords get old or wear out. My mom has a Kindle tablet and she had problems with it charging and she thought it was done for. A neighbor looked at it and figured out that it was her charge cord and not the tablet that was the problem. She switched charge cords and it was fine then.

Feedback Score
    The connectors can wear down and not make good contact anymore. The wires in the cable can get broken from constant handling. The cable can be too long and it saps enough of the energy that there is not enough left for the particular device. I just had a cable fail and it is disappointing. Another time, I couldn't get my phone to charge at someone's house. There was a long extension cord due to limited outlets, and that was the problem.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Rain View Post
    I recently bought a new Total Wireless J7 Crown directly from Amazon and I really like the phone, but there is definitely something wrong with the battery. After two hours of charging with the phone turned off, it only went up 30%. I've never had a a phone charge that slow before.
    Were you using the power supply and cable that came with the phone? These do vary in output, but are usually matched to the phone's requirements. Try another power supply and/or cable if you have one.

My best charger is from an old Galaxy Core Prime, which I have used on everything since. It's only 1 amp, but does fine with my present Moto G5+ with a 3000 mAh battery.

Feedback Score
    Samsung chargers are really good.