Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Change number koodo old self serve not working

Feedback Score

Change number koodo old self serve not working

Change number koodo old self serve not working - when you visit it is just a blank page. Is it working for anyone else? Or any alternative? Thanks.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kdguy1965 View Post
    Change number koodo old self serve not working - when you visit it is just a blank page. Is it working for anyone else? Or any alternative? Thanks.
    @TadMorose already posted the solution back on November 24 in the main Koodo Out of Province Plans thread.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    TELUS: Unlimited Canada Talk & Text, 15+10 GB Data
    Koodo: Unlimited Canada Talk, World Text, 8+9 GB Data
    AT&T: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, 8+17 GB data

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    @TadMorose already posted the solution back on November 24 in the main Koodo Out of Province Plans thread.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    You didn't read what I wrote. I know how to get to the old self serve, but it's showing a BLANK page instead of any ability to change the number. I am wondering if anyone else is getting that.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yup, it's not working for me either. Not sure if this is a glitch or they've shut it down for good. Let's wait and see.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    Yup, it's not working for me either. Not sure if this is a glitch or they've shut it down for good. Let's wait and see.

This is the official end
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Telus: $67/20GB Can-US Plan
    Freedom: $30/8GB Can-US (2400 Minutes/1GB)

Feedback Score
    Use number porting if you have to. There are lots of brands that do not have regional pricing and will issue a number from any province. Think online activation, prepaid accounts like Public Mobile.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post
    Use number porting if you have to. There are lots of brands that do not have regional pricing and will issue a number from any province. Think online activation, prepaid accounts like Public Mobile.
    Good idea. I was thinking the same thing today.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Edit:

Cant do that:

"You can only change your number to another number within the same province. If you’re moving to another province and want to change your phone number, please go to koodo.com/chat and enter "#HelpSS" to schedule a callback."

No way to get in or through the loop, even if you call in and get the number transferred, you would have to call back to change number again.....and they sure will be kicking you off that other province plan before moving your number.
    Last edited by Samshares; 12-12-2019 at 07:35 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Edit:

Cant do that:

"You can only change your number to another number within the same province. If you’re moving to another province and want to change your phone number, please go to koodo.com/chat and enter "#HelpSS" to schedule a callback."

No way to get in or through the loop, even if you call in and get the number transferred, you would have to call back to change number again.....and they sure will be kicking you off that other province plan before moving your number.
    I just got my Koodo sim card this morning. If this loophole is officially shutdown then I shouldn't bother to go through the registration and the whole process. Can I just return the package?

Feedback Score
    Edit:

Cant do that:

Really? So when you do the number porting, are you saying they will block the number port if the number to be ported does not match up with the address on the account? I think that would be grounds for a CCTS complaint. We are free to do number porting as we please. They cannot put road blocks into number porting to sustain their BS regional pricing. It would absolutely be a contravention of the wireless code.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone1209 View Post
    I just got my Koodo sim card this morning. If this loophole is officially shutdown then I shouldn't bother to go through the registration and the whole process. Can I just return the package?
    I think you have 15 days remorse period.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Really? So when you do the number porting, are you saying they will block the number port if the number to be ported does not match up with the address on the account? I think that would be grounds for a CCTS complaint. We are free to do number porting as we please. They cannot put road blocks into number porting to sustain their BS regional pricing. It would absolutely be a contravention of the wireless code.
    Yes,but when you change the plan and want to change the number again, you have to call Koodo....and each time you have to call Koodo to do a number change. You really think they going to let you keep the rate plan?

You absolutely cannot do this online anymore on your own without getting Koodo reps involved....unless someone can figure out another way of getting the online website to work, I cannot see the loophole from working.

Feedback Score
    Yes,but when you change the plan and want to change the number again, you have to call Koodo....and each time you have to call Koodo to do a number change. You really think they going to let you keep the rate plan?

You absolutely cannot do this online anymore on your own without getting Koodo reps involved....unless someone can figure out another way of getting the online website to work, I cannot see the loophole from working.
    If number porting is not blocked in any way, you should be able to port in the final number after getting the QC number and picking the QC plan. To summarize, you start this long process with the number you want to end up with being held at a number friendly carrier brand such as Public Mobile. Also use Public Mobile to activate a plan with a QC number. Do the QC number port in to be eligible to obtain a QC plan. Get the QC plan and then port in the final number from Public Mobile.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If number porting is not blocked in any way, you should be able to port in the final number after getting the QC number and picking the QC plan. To summarize, you start this long process with the number you want to end up with being held at a number friendly carrier brand such as Public Mobile. Also use Public Mobile to activate a plan with a QC number. Do the QC number port in to be eligible to obtain a QC plan. Get the QC plan and then port in the final number from Public Mobile.
    But we confirmed number porting online doesnt work.....are you even reading what I wrote earlier?

YOU CAN NO LONGER PORT ANY NUMBER ONLINE THAT IS NOT FROM THE SAME PROVINCE YOU STARTED YOUR LINE WITH, BE IT YOU PORTED IN A QC NUMBER AT ACTIVATION OR STARTED WITH A NON-QC NUMBER.

IF YOU START WITH A QC NUMBER --> YOU CAN ONLY PORT IN QC NUMBERS, IF YOU WISH TO PORT IN ANOTHER PROVINCE NUMBER, YOU MUST CALL KOODO.

IF YOU START WITH A ON/AB/BC/NB/ETC NUMBER -> YOU CAN ONLY PORT / CHANGE TO SAME PROVINCE NUMBER OTHERWISE YOU MUST CONTACT KOODO.

sorry for the caps

Feedback Score
    I think you have 15 days remorse period.
    Dont think so. The sim was ordered online with the basic postpaid plan for the purpose of getting the QC plan. If the loophole is shutdown for good, I just have to use it and cancel it and pay for whatever is outstanding.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast