Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Change number koodo old self serve not working

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post
    Really? So when you do the number porting, are you saying they will block the number port if the number to be ported does not match up with the address on the account? I think that would be grounds for a CCTS complaint. We are free to do number porting as we please. They cannot put road blocks into number porting to sustain their BS regional pricing. It would absolutely be a contravention of the wireless code.
    The issue is your original phone number with area code you try to replace. I don’t think the billing address is a major road block in the process...

So you have a Manitoba phone number link with a regional price plan. You try to transfer an Ontario phone number so you can replace the original Manitoba phone number so take advantage of the Manitoba Price Plan with an Ontario phone number.

I don’t think they will block you Porting In your phone number because of your billing address ... mostly because of the area code, therefore I don’t see how a CCTS complaint could be relevant...
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone1209 View Post
    Dont think so. The sim was ordered online with the basic postpaid plan for the purpose of getting the QC plan. If the loophole is shutdown for good, I just have to use it and cancel it and pay for whatever is outstanding.
    Why not pushing your luck and call Koodo to get it done through an agent?

Feedback Score
    I guess it is time to boycott Koodo. Don't forget to tell friends and enemies to do the same.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz Z24 View Post
    The issue is your original phone number with area code you try to replace. I don’t think the billing address is a major road block in the process...

So you have a Manitoba phone number link with a regional price plan. You try to transfer an Ontario phone number so you can replace the original Manitoba phone number so take advantage of the Manitoba Price Plan with an Ontario phone number.

I don’t think they will block you Porting In your phone number because of your billing address ... mostly because of the area code, therefore I don’t see how a CCTS complaint could be relevant...
    In every service that I have used in the past, there were never any restrictions on number porting. The only stipulation was the number being ported is eligible to port. This is Telus once again stretching the rules to satisfy the corporate greed. I am no longer a Koodo customer so, I don't have any skin in this game anymore. But if I did, I would definitely put up a CCTS challenge. What is the worse that could happen?

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    In every service that I have used in the past, there were never any restrictions on number porting. The only stipulation was the number being ported is eligible to port. This is Telus once again stretching the rules to satisfy the corporate greed. I am no longer a Koodo customer so, I don't have any skin in this game anymore. But if I did, I would definitely put up a CCTS challenge. What is the worse that could happen?
    There isn't anything worst that can happen...they will let you port your number you want...along with a rate plan change to the in market plan that reflects the number you are porting in.....and they have a strong case that you are simply doing a loophole as your physical address has never changed...What is CCTS going to do for you? Fight the carrier, when the carrier explains that they have a different plans in different markets....? If customer requests a simple number change within short period of time (less than 90 days / 60 days / 30 days) of activation, they are simply seeking a plan from a select market and attempting to combine it with a number he/she already had from another market....customer is eligible to port in a number, however customer will need to select a new compatible plan....you think at this point CCTS is going to bat for you and say that no that doesnt need to be the case?

I dont think so...

time to throw the towel on this one tho, Koodo is dead.
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Telus: $67/20GB Can-US Plan
    Freedom: $30/8GB Can-US (2400 Minutes/1GB)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    There isn't anything worst that can happen...they will let you port your number you want...along with a rate plan change to the in market plan that reflects the number you are porting in.....and they have a strong case that you are simply doing a loophole as your physical address has never changed...What is CCTS going to do for you? Fight the carrier, when the carrier explains that they have a different plans in different markets....? If customer requests a simple number change within short period of time (less than 90 days / 60 days / 30 days) of activation, they are simply seeking a plan from a select market and attempting to combine it with a number he/she already had from another market....customer is eligible to port in a number, however customer will need to select a new compatible plan....you think at this point CCTS is going to bat for you and say that no that doesnt need to be the case?

I dont think so...

time to throw the towel on this one tho, Koodo is dead.
    They are still in the wrong to abuse the porting system and use it as a tool to control rate plan access. It they want to stop this, they should use customer's address perhaps but not porting. If going to the CCTS gets them in trouble, that is still worth it. Might as well have some fun with them on the way out the door.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    They are still in the wrong to abuse the porting system and use it as a tool to control rate plan access. It they want to stop this, they should use customer's address perhaps but not porting. If going to the CCTS gets them in trouble, that is still worth it. Might as well have some fun with them on the way out the door.
    1) If you have the time to waste ya, go for CCTS

2) Everyone will have a non-QC address....doing these plans....so therefore they hav the exact reason you enlisted for them to use to give you a "In Market Plan"

3) They will port any number....but when you want to port another Non-QC number...they will change your plan....and if you change your address for the sake of a plan...you yourself are committing fraud as per their terms of service.

Anyway, the loophole is dead, anyone doing this for money now by going through the lengthy methods of calling in and impersonating customers or if you are doing this for yourself, you truly have too much time on your hands as it will take hours to do just that with the call in wait times etc. the end success rate being extremely limited or none.

Device(s)
    i930
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    1) If you have the time to waste ya, go for CCTS

2) Everyone will have a non-QC address....doing these plans....so therefore they hav the exact reason you enlisted for them to use to give you a "In Market Plan"

3) They will port any number....but when you want to port another Non-QC number...they will change your plan....and if you change your address for the sake of a plan...you yourself are committing fraud as per their terms of service.

Anyway, the loophole is dead, anyone doing this for money now by going through the lengthy methods of calling in and impersonating customers or if you are doing this for yourself, you truly have too much time on your hands as it will take hours to do just that with the call in wait times etc. the end success rate being extremely limited or none.
    And ever since I got my plan and told my friends about it, he got pretty pissed off that just when they are about to take the plunge, that this loophole is dead

However, I pulled off a trick over the weekend a few times and it worked pretty awesome

My friends that I told to order Quebec numbers online so I can help them with that old number porting page to bring their local number over.... well, they could pick a Quebec plan because the address was Ontario and New Brunswick, but they could get the contact number no problem... so, first of all I called the port centre where they help you Port if the number is messed up, which I believe is 1-844-232-7678... make sure that the call times were pretty low, Then I called Koodo customer service to talk about the plans, got them to offer me the lineup of Quebec plans like I was hoping, Told them to hold on while I discuss with my partner which one is best, called Port Centre, told him that I wanted to port my number over, they did some checking around which I’m assuming was to make sure that there was no Quebec plan, then they asked me for my phone number, and when they asked me for the account number I told him to give me a second so I can login really quick and check what my account number is, at which point I went back to the other phone I told him to the change The plan to the one that I wanted, as soon as I did that I quickly went back to the other phone apologizing For taking so long because the phone is about to die and I was looking for a charger but couldn’t find it, give them the account number and then quickly put it in… Hung up both the phones, waited about 30 minutes and looked online… Quebec plan, New Brunswick number

It’s a bit of a back-and-forth for sure, but I did it for three of my friends and it worked perfectly fine… I probably wouldn’t make a business out of it, looks like too much work for competing, for only like 50 bucks? I don’t know what they’re charging these days

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2