Thread: Converting plans to G-UDP

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Converting plans to G-UDP

Are people still able to switch plans using the inspect element? I have noticed a few folks from here still doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    You answered your own question?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    You answered your own question?
    Don’t know if they are doing prepaid or actual business plans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Excuse me WHAT? Please explain how this is (was?) done

Feedback Score
    Another reason to kill off this plan for good. I'm curious on what it would actually take for these people to switch to a newer plan on their own?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Another reason to kill off this plan for good. I'm curious on what it would actually take for these people to switch to a newer plan on their own?
    Why does it bother you so much for people to keep it? I have two on a sub account i'll give up only when they pry it from me... then my also $200/mo for two lines also goes with it
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Why does it bother you so much for people to keep it? I have two on a sub account i'll give up only when they pry it from me... then my also $200/mo for two lines also goes with it
    People using excessive bandwidth making for poorer experience for other paying customers. Also it's been dead for years and Verizon needs to not have so many people on old plans. People get mad at CS reps who don't know about dead plans that stop existing YEARS before they started working at Verizon. I feel sorry for them. They should also move people off of Share Everything, More Everything, the Verizon Plan, hell they should kill off the New Verizon Plan and the New Verizon Plan Unlimited, Go, Beyond and Above in my book. Simplify things. So it's not all about unlimited.

Also you didn't answer the question I was legitimately asking. What is the bar to get people to switch? Unlimited everything with no restrictions? That's not happening anytime soon( except on 5G ). Genuinely curious as to what Verizon has to offer so gUDP people say "Ok I'm switching" or perhaps Verizon raises prices on gUDP again. Would another $20 price increase do it, $30? What's the pain point?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    People using excessive bandwidth making for poorer experience for other paying customers. Also it's been dead for years and Verizon needs to not have so many people on old plans. People get mad at CS reps who don't know about dead plans that stop existing YEARS before they started working at Verizon. I feel sorry for them. They should also move people off of Share Everything, More Everything, the Verizon Plan, hell they should kill off the New Verizon Plan and the New Verizon Plan Unlimited, Go, Beyond and Above in my book. Simplify things. So it's not all about unlimited.

Also you didn't answer the question I was legitimately asking. What is the bar to get people to switch? Unlimited everything with no restrictions? That's not happening anytime soon( except on 5G ). Genuinely curious as to what Verizon has to offer so gUDP people say "Ok I'm switching" or perhaps Verizon raises prices on gUDP again. Would another $20 price increase do it, $30? What's the pain point?
    That's Verizon's fault for sitting on their thumbs and not buying more spectrum. They were absolutely arrogant about their network "quality" for far too long, and did not buy Metro, Cricket, WCS when they had the chance.

This is a problem that verizon and verizon alone created. They've already cleaned house on the overly-excessive users on the plan, and clearly did the math the others are fine.

I cannot wait for Verizon to eat **** once AT&T finishes FirstNet buildout, and T-Mobile/Sprint spectrum is merged. Verizon sat idle and arrogant for FAR too long, and now they get to pay the piper.

Hell, i even remember a time Verizon refusing to sell phones with WiFi included because their network was alleged the end-all-be-all I worked there in IT at the time and just laughed at the arrogance of management.

I do use 100+GB of hotspot some months, but all of my usage is generally 1am-6am when i'm up inside of a hotel needing things for AutoCad, and rarely use it during the day (not that I really could, as VZ relies on B13 way too much to be usable during peak). I generally use AT&T for everything else as their network has enough capacity most of the time to be functional during heavy usage periods.

Feedback Score
    That's Verizon's fault for sitting on their thumbs and not buying more spectrum.
    they've participated in every auction except the 600 MHz one. And in that one the FCC basically cockblocked them and at&t from buying spectrum in many areas making it pointless to participate

I cannot wait for Verizon to eat **** once AT&T finishes FirstNet buildout, and T-Mobile/Sprint spectrum is merged. Verizon sat idle and arrogant for FAR too long, and now they get to pay the piper.
    IF the T-Mobile/Sprint merger is approved. Firstnet is already 75% built out so not sure what the point you are making with that. if you hate Verizon so much why are you still a customer? Worst case at&t and New T-Mobile are superior and Verizon has to offer better plans at cheaper prices. And if they don't people can choose to leave. win-win

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    they've participated in every auction except the 600 MHz one. And in that one the FCC basically cockblocked them and at&t from buying spectrum in many areas making it pointless to participate

IF the T-Mobile/Sprint merger is approved. Firstnet is already 75% built out so not sure what the point you are making with that. if you hate Verizon so much why are you still a customer? Worst case at&t and New T-Mobile are superior and Verizon has to offer better plans at cheaper prices. And if they don't people can choose to leave. win-win
    Never said i "hated" Verizon.. They were actually quite good to me when I worked there. I just said I cannot wait for the management to finally come to the realization and a harsh reality to settle in with them being so complacent, for so long As I remember having a few talks with some senior management in Basking Ridge about B13 was not going to be enough for nationwide LTE once people started using it.. now they've left themselves in a predicament.

Also, when it comes to Spectrum: there was other spectrum to be had, they just were too busy paying off Vodafone to buy things like I listed as an example above. and FirstNet.. once it's 100% complete, at&t WILL have a bigger LTE footprint than Verizon, with a lot more lowband to use, and the CapEx to actually build it out. Verizon will not stand a chance for rural coverage once it's done

So once again, get over people keeping this plan and paying more than you. If it's hurting you that much, then you can also leave as verizon has decided the higher ARPU is more important than making people like you happy.

Feedback Score
    Genuinely curious as to what Verizon has to offer so gUDP people say "Ok I'm switching" or perhaps Verizon raises prices on gUDP again. Would another $20 price increase do it, $30? What's the pain point?
    I don't really know. I use it for home internet and it's the best option i've got for speed by far.

Verizon is $65/mo for unlimited service that runs ~40/20Mbps
    If I could (I can't without getting a 50ft tower at minimum may need higher but won't find out till after I get the tower) get comparable service through one of the local WISPs 50/5Mbps it'd be $100/mo
    The only other option I have available to switch to would be AT&T's cellular unlimited $35/mo which only does about ~8/?Mbps at home and is subject to deprioritization.

Prior to switching to cellular I was using a $80/mo satellite connection so I suppose it'd have to be somewhere over $100/mo to force me off of it.

I might even be tempted to switch for a cheaper deprioritized plan on verizon if they ever offer one.

The most recent offering was the deprioritized prepaid unlimited tablet/jetpack plan which was just the same price as my existing unlimited plan so no point to switching.

Now if they would allow me to just add a couple of unlimited deprioritized jetpacks for $20/line like AT&T did (well AT&T gave 22GB of priority too but anyway) i'd be really hard pressed not to switch and save $90/mo

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    still waiting for someone to explain wtf this method is because it sounds like using a web inspector tool to access hidden HTML elements

Feedback Score
    Never said i "hated" Verizon.. .
    Really?

I cannot wait for Verizon to eat ****
    Seems pretty hateful especially when you use words that have to be edited out.