Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Legacy PayGo -- how to make it actually useful

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    OMG. At $10 a year renewal that's 48 years of refilling.
    If you want I'm curious how you got to a $489 balance.
    A few years ago there was a guy here who was selling big balance T-Mobile prepaid SIM cards for $27.

I bought 2 I think and he gave me 1 that had $189+ on it.

I combined some of of those into 1 line plus I have been a T-Mobile prepaid user since February 2007 so I started with $100 on my first line and I hardly really use it.

The yearly $10 is annoying because I don't want to forget to top up and lose it all by missing the date.

Yeah I know, I don't really use it so what's the big deal, right.

Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2

Feedback Score
    No worries I was just curious. Interesting story too.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.50otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 04.11.20

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    The Legacy Gold Rewards plan is/was only $0.10/min if you refill(ed) for $100 at a time (with the exception of a one-time courtesy adjustment they made (about two years ago; maybe three) where you called in to request it and whatever your dollar balance was they divided that by $0.10 and your minute allowance changed (for the better).

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeves View Post
    Is there a data only or hotspot plan this can be converted to?
    Yes. https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/prepaid-internet

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    Thank you, sounds like a great plan to switch to for light data use and burn the balance

Carrier(s)
    Public, TMo PP, H2O
    Feedback Score
    I only have like $110 on my Legacy plan but I'm never going to use it. I've assumed I'd have to switch to $40 to burn it off. This data-only plan at $10 would be good. Can I use it with zoiper or another softphone on voip.ms?

Also how strict are they re: TMo network? I could probably use for 3mo in US and 1mo mixed, but then it would be only Canada for a while (or put away and pay $10/mo for nothing) until I return. Is that practical? And when I get it down near $0 could I port out the number? Still get a few calls on it every year.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Motorola Moto G7, Iphone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Speakout, Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    Is that how you were able to switch to the $3 a month plan by calling in?

Sent from my Monstrous Moto e5
    old post/thread but I just got around to realizing my data account did not switch to $3. So I called and found out the balance could not be used except for $40/ month plan. What??
    I got extremely strong but not really impolite. Just referencing the way it is a complete ripoff and that is not what tmobile advertised themselves...
    Got the account switched to $3 month just today.
    I was way late with this because had pneumonia and then returned to Canada and life got in the way.
    Those legacy plans my wife and I havve really are gold. Wonder when they will just pack those up on us!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dennism3 View Post
    old post/thread but I just got around to realizing my data account did not switch to $3. So I called and found out the balance could not be used except for $40/ month plan. What??
    I got extremely strong but not really impolite. Just referencing the way it is a complete ripoff and that is not what tmobile advertised themselves...
    Got the account switched to $3 month just today.
    I was way late with this because had pneumonia and then returned to Canada and life got in the way.
    Those legacy plans my wife and I havve really are gold. Wonder when they will just pack those up on us!!!!!!
    I managed to get my one $3 a month plan down to $10.44.

I still have not gotten around to calling them and requesting they switch my two Legacy Gold Rewards lines to the $3 a month plan.

Wonder if I can get them to add the money from one of my Legacy Gold lines to the current $3 a month plan?

My Legacy Gold lines are due to be topped up in April.
    Hopefully I'll actually get around to doing something.

Life gets in the way sometimes.

Thank you for the update.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9
    Carrier(s)
    Freedompop, T-Mobile PayGo, PagePlus, Tello, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    last time I switched a legacy plan; they told me the balance expiration remainds the same. Have anyone been using the $3 a month balance beyond that and how long?

Carrier(s)
    Public, TMo PP, H2O
    Feedback Score
    What does the $3 plan give you? Is it just that it's 10˘/min or something else? Of course my annual $10 topup is about 33˘/min but I make almost no calls (mostly incoming from family who seem unable to change). If I can't use data on either $10/yr or $3/mo, not sure I will ever use it.

Is there any other alternative than the $40/mo plan? Thinking I should switch when I go south next year and burn it off (obviously not going to pay real money for $40/mo).

I assume these plans (specifically Legacy) have no resale value any more.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Just the 10˘ per minute plus not having to top up once a year and worry about missing the day and losing the balance if I forget.

Otherwise it really doesn't provide much of a benefit.

If you don't use the 30 minutes per month they still deduct it from your balance so it's use it or lose it.

At this point I really don't care if I miss using it for a month and it being deducted from my balance and I'm now just using it for long winded conversations well over the 30 minutes.

It was a good and useful plan as is the Legacy Gold Rewards plan but there are cheaper options now.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    The $3 per month plan had the option to add data, whereas with the Gold Rewards plan there are no options for data.

https://www.ultramobile.com/paygo/?i...YLNBYNL8F17766

Feedback Score
    I noticed that they are listing Legacy Gold Sims on Ebay for $100 or more. Are they actually selling, or listing them for the fun of it.
    If they are selling for that, I need to put mine on there.
    I had a problem with missing minutes on one, changed the # and it's ok now. Looks like telemarketers were hitting it without my answering it. Not sure how that happened, & Tmo t/s didn't know either. I also have a high balance. If I lose it, just divide the loss by number of years and would still be cheap cell use.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, FreedomPop, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If I lose it, just divide the loss by number of years and would still be cheap cell use.
    Yes. I too have lots of $$$ on my old flip phone, still paired to my vehicle. Probably a true definition of "glovebox phone". : Used it a few times for emergencies and non-emergencies when on the road. Unfortunately, T-Mob has a very poor to no signal in the boonies, where I do some of my driving, so I now have a smartphone with a different provider, for use in those areas.

T-Mobile used to have roaming agreements with other providers in the boonies, but that seems to have disappeared.

Maybe they will offer us a deal on cheap smartphones when the T-Mob towers no longer support earlier, 2G / 3G models.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBard57 View Post
    Yes. I too have lots of $$$ on my old flip phone, still paired to my vehicle.
    As you say, that phone only has 3G or 2G, which TMO barely has any signal left for (on higher frequency band).

If you switched it to a current phone (even a cheap one), it would have low Band 12 (and maybe Band 71), plus VoLTE. That would use all TMO's bands, have better range and coverage, and maybe some roaming restored also.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast