Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Legacy PayGo -- how to make it actually useful

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score

Legacy PayGo -- how to make it actually useful

Like some others, I have amassed quite a balance in my Legacy PayGo account. Yet I haven't seen any favorable way to actually use that balance or that account, other than emergency spare line. It would be nice to be able to use the balance at some reasonable voice rate and reasonable data rate.

I probably should have changed it to the $2/day (on days used) plan when that was possible...

Feedback Score
    I wish that there was a way to get my Legacy Gold lines on the $3 a month plan.
    I have one on that plan and it is fairly easy to use down the balance.
    Yap for half an hour and keep yapping.
    I don't even mind that it's 10˘ a minute since I have such a huge balance.
    With the $3 plan at least I don't have to top up every year to keep the line alive.

Wasn't it Boost that let you buy a phone with your balance?
    At least I seem to remember that it was Boost.

Now that would be great if T-Mobile let you buy a new phone with your balance.

Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2

Device(s)
    Motorola Moto G7, Iphone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Speakout, Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    When did that change???? I converted 2 legacy to $3/month. One has now been changed to $50 data for a month, then will revert back to $3/mo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dennism3 View Post
    When did that change???? I converted 2 legacy to $3/month. One has now been changed to $50 data for a month, then will revert back to $3/mo.
    That's great to know.
    There was a discussion about this a few months ago and I took the reports at face value.

Someone checked the online account and said that they were unable to find the 'change your plan' on the online account page.

If I can I definitely will change my last two Legacy Gold Rewards lines to the $3 a month plan.

Thank you very much for the information.

Device(s)
    Motorola Moto G7, Iphone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Speakout, Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    That's great to know.
    There was a discussion about this a few months ago and I took the reports at face value.

Someone checked the online account and said that they were unable to find the 'change your plan' on the online account page.

If I can I definitely will change my last two Legacy Gold Rewards lines to the $3 a month plan.

Thank you very much for the information.

They seem to have taken away all ability to make change online and want you to call 611. Seems a waste to me. Perhaps they had people changing and then complaining they could not go back and a recording of the change protects against that??!

Feedback Score
    They seem to have taken away all ability to make change online and want you to call 611. Seems a waste to me. Perhaps they had people changing and then complaining they could not go back and a recording of the change protects against that??!
    Is that how you were able to switch to the $3 a month plan by calling in?

Sent from my Monstrous Moto e5

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    If you go to the T-Mobile website, without logging in to your prepaid account, and select "Contact Us" at the bottom, one of the options is "Chat with an expert." However, if you log in to your prepaid account, this option is not available. I wonder what would happen if I started a chat session and asked for assistance on a prepaid account.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    With my legacy PayGo account, I can't change plans at my.t-mobile.com. But if I use my phone and turn off WiFi and go to ma.web2go.com and choose Plans & Services > Change Rate Plan, I have options to change to the $40 10 GB or $50 Unlimited plans but not to the $3 plan. Six months or so ago, the $3 plan was available there.

Good to know that the $3 plan is still available when calling CS.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Feedback Score
    Has anyone tried to switch to the $3 a month plan very recently?

Were you able to get the CSR to do it for you?

Feedback Score
    I just looked up (Google) the TM $3 mo. plan. It's a $0.10 a minute plan. The GR plan is already $0.10 a minute. What's the advantage of switching?
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTnT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Red Pocket (AT&T) UTnT 1GB exp 02.12.20
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 04.11.20

Feedback Score
    Not having to top up every year for $10 and having to remember to do it before the time is up and risk losing a very high balance.

Or keep adding to the balance and keeping it getting higher

I want to run it down before T-Mobile does something to the Legacy Gold line since the merger with Sprint is highly probable.

Ideally I would like to sell either or both of my Legacy Gold plans but no one would want to take them off my hands for close to what the balance is on them.

Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I just looked up (Google) the TM $3 mo. plan. It's a $0.10 a minute plan. The GR plan is already $0.10 a minute. What's the advantage of switching?
    Sent from my Naughty Naughty Nokia 3.1

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    Truphone, FreeUP Mobile, FreedomPop, Google FiLTE, Consumer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    As has been noted elsewhere the $3 per month paygo plan is being administered by the Ultra Mobile arm of T-Mo; see this link. The advantage to this plan over legacy Gold is that data passes and unlimited talk/text passes are available, though at a cost.

Perhaps transfer to Ultra Mobile is why it's not directly available to the user?
    Trying to come up with some sort of signature line...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D. View Post
    As has been noted elsewhere the $3 per month paygo plan is being administered by the Ultra Mobile arm of T-Mo; see this link. The advantage to this plan over legacy Gold is that data passes and unlimited talk/text passes are available, though at a cost.

Perhaps transfer to Ultra Mobile is why it's not directly available to the user?
    I noticed on the FAQ it stated that the maximum amount you can have in your Ultra paygo wallet is $150.

My huge balance on one of my Legacy Gold plans is $489+.

Not sure what can be done about that.

If I can just get T-Mobile to switch my Legacy Gold plan to the $3 a month plan I'd be thrilled with that.

I don't care about the data or text or unlimited talk.

I just want to use the balance up at 10˘ a minute and not have to keep track of topping up.

I have data and text from other sources.

Sent from my Monstrous Moto e5

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    I noticed on the FAQ it stated that the maximum amount you can have in your Ultra paygo wallet is $150.

My huge balance on one of my Legacy Gold plans is $489+...
    OMG. At $10 a year renewal that's 48 years of refilling.
    If you want I'm curious how you got to a $489 balance.

Feedback Score
    Is there a data only or hotspot plan this can be converted to?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast