Thread: Iphone4 esn#??

Feedback Score

Iphone4 esn#??

I just got a old Iphone4 for my wife to try out and see if she can use it better that a old postage stamp size screen flip phone. The person I got it off of had it set back to default settings. I don't want to active it yet. I want to see if she can navigate it first. First of all how can I find the ESN. Next how can I open it up so I can see how it works and navigate through it?.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Try dialing *#06# on the phone to confirm the ESN. You won't actually make a call, after the final # symbol the ESN will be automatically displayed. What carrier is branded on the phone ?

As to your second question, she would need to have an Apple ID to use the phone. Did the prior user delete their profile ? When you power up the phone if it prompts you to create a username/passcode then do so. If it appears locked, ask the former owner for help. Keep in mind that if the old profile is still installed and you don't have the log-in information, that neither Apple or your cellular carrier will be able to assist you.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    I think someone posted here how to do it, all the op had to do was read
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UOYXToG_iw

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Try dialing *#06# on the phone to confirm the ESN. You won't actually make a call, after the final # symbol the ESN will be automatically displayed. What carrier is branded on the phone ?

As to your second question, she would need to have an Apple ID to use the phone. Did the prior user delete their profile ? When you power up the phone if it prompts you to create a username/passcode then do so. If it appears locked, ask the former owner for help. Keep in mind that if the old profile is still installed and you don't have the log-in information, that neither Apple or your cellular carrier will be able to assist you.
    Thanks, will try that