Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is a Belt Holster Dorky?

Feedback Score
    seen way too many phones breaking in peoples back pockets by accidentally sitting on them.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    seen way too many phones breaking in peoples back pockets by accidentally sitting on them.
    That reminds me of the Apple 7, I think. That fiasco was nicknamed "Bendgate". It was mostly irresponsible customers who blamed Apple for their own carelessness.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    I am a dork. There. I said it. But I also camp out 34 days a year, walk 3-10 miles a day around my property working, take 9 vacations a year. I have 2 ea 150 mph motorcycles which I ride and tour on. My phone stays in my holster instead of dropping to the ground out of pockets every day.

Over 5,000 people crack their screens every hour.
    https://www.androidauthority.com/cra...screen-927180/

Is having a holster dorky? No. Its smart. dropping your smart phone is dorky.
    There are much "cooler" holsters , like seidio brand or encased brand...

Feedback Score
    But you are speaking of adult behavior, while the discussion is about "kids" and their sometimes irresponsible ways. Make them pay for those iPhones I say!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boherez View Post
    There are much "cooler" holsters , like seidio brand or encased brand...
    Went to the seidio website but didnt see anything that fit my lifestyle.
    https://www.seidioonline.com/product-category/holster/

My phone lives in a hard case in its holster, next to the spring assist 5 inch knife holster. The setup works best for hard work around the ranch or camping. At least for me. I dont know about city life....I went to a city once and didnt like it much.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    But you are speaking of adult behavior, while the discussion is about "kids" and their sometimes irresponsible ways. Make them pay for those iPhones I say!
    ^^^^ This.

Feedback Score
    Nope, it's perfect with a Tracfone

Device(s)
    iPhone SE (mobile), iPad mini 2 on GV (WiFi)
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice & T-Mobile via Tracfone/SafeLink
    Feedback Score
    Have to give my ˘˘…

In THIS culture, DEFINITELY DORKY. But for some folks, they don't mind dorky, and if a holster was clearly the most functional solution for me, I'd use one and not care about what others think…but I do think they at least LOOK dorky. And moreso these days than 10+ yrs ago when they were more common (or is that just my perception? Around the "turn of the century" I had a software job, and saw more belt holsters around there than anywhere). I've never been partial to them, since I've never sported a "svelte" waist, and HATE things catching on me when I squeeze through narrow passageways. Nor do I use my phone so often that it needs to be "ready on the draw" and I also would rather not broadcast to everyone "YO! Expensive smart phone here! Rob me!"

One ingenious solution that is also apparenly cool now are POPSOCKETS.com…check 'em out…maybe a gift card, and he can pick his own "style"?

Device(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V30 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I'm with ya Chris! I still wear a belt holster for my cell phone. I still see some older folks wearing belt holsters.

Back in the day when cell phones started getting popular, there were a lot of folks (mostly men) wearing phone belt holsters. I think It was a status symbol..."hey look at me! I have one of them new fangled cell phones!"

I'd rather see a belt holster than no belt at all with pants falling off and showing under wear like some teens used to do!

Feedback Score
    You know you're getting old, when you complain about the younger generation. It's the cycle of life.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtley View Post
    Back in the day when cell phones started getting popular, there were a lot of folks (mostly men) wearing phone belt holsters. I think It was a status symbol..."hey look at me! I have one of them new fangled cell phones!"
    It goes back to pagers....remember those? Many also wore folding knives and tape measures on the belt. Back when men were proud to proclaim themselves as the "tool animal".

Device(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V30 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    You know you're getting old, when you complain about the younger generation. It's the cycle of life.
    Not complaining. Just an observation. I thought I knew everything when I was a teen. Boy, was I wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    It goes back to pagers....remember those? Many also wore folding knives and tape measures on the belt. Back when men were proud to proclaim themselves as the "tool animal".
    Oh yeah, I remember them! I've had several pager.

Several of my clients loved to send 911 to my pager! 😳

Had a small tool pouch to hold my networking stuff. Good ole days but getting off topic.

To the OP: No, I don't think a phone holster is dorky. If more people used a holster nowadays we may could buy a much better condition BYOP.
    LG V20 (Verizon)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtley View Post
    Not complaining. Just an observation. I thought I knew everything when I was a teen. Boy, was I wrong!
    Lol, and the generation before you complained they didn't understand you either. I don't mean that bad, it just really is the cycle of life. The older generations never understand or get the younger.

Feedback Score
    The oldsters who think they are the fonts of wisdom will always think that the younger generation is stupid.

The oldsters forget that young people are the fonts of invention.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    The oldsters forget that young people are the fonts of invention.
    The more appropriate term would be innovation, IMHO.

BTW: We prefer the term "Chronologically challenged" over oldster.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast