Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Is a Belt Holster Dorky?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    The oldsters who think they are the fonts of wisdom will always think that the younger generation is stupid.

The oldsters forget that young people are the fonts of invention.
    There's truth to this, and the older generations forget that their actions also are what led to the younger generations "faults" in their eyes. Boomers raised gen xers, gen xers were termed "latchkey children" due to both parents working all the time, gen xers would generally come home from school to an empty house and have free reign until the parents came home from work, gen xers raised millennials, they overcompensated and didnt want to repeat their parents mistakes so they coddled them. It's just a cycle. The next generation is usually an extreme over adjustment of the one before it. Now, boomers are 2-3 generations behind and they have no clue how to relate to millennials. In a few years it will be millennials saying they have no clue how to relate to whatever the new generation is. Just part of getting older.

Feedback Score
    Point well taken.

I guess it depends if the invention is an improvement.

Belt holsters undoubtedly go way back and were invented by a young person as an innovation.

But now it's nerdy to be practical. There is massively more peer pressure now due to (anti)social media.

Phones sticking way out of back pockets are just not secure. Even a waist pack is more attractive and handy if you need to carry essentials.

But then you might look chronologically challenged.

Feedback Score
    Point well taken.

I guess it depends if the invention is an improvement.

Belt holsters undoubtedly go way back and were invented by a young person as an innovation.

But now it's nerdy to be practical. There is massively more peer pressure now due to (anti)social media.

Phones sticking way out of back pockets are just not secure. Even a waist pack is more attractive and handy if you need to carry essentials.

But then you might look chronologically challenged.
    Well said. Us old geezers actually dont give a crap what other people think anymore about how we look. Women, of course, or those who are interested in some sort of fashion trend, dont like things like holsters..Here is an article by a woman who says women drop their phones more.
    https://www.gadgetreview.com/6-reaso...-more-than-men

Whenever I look to what might work best for me, I look at the equipment the US Army uses to protect their equipment on their soldiers. They use pouches and holsters.

I do have outdoor friends like me but some of them like to keep their phones in their shirt pockets. I dont think I would want to get out of a canoe with one there though.
    For the record, I also have a chain on my wallet...now it never gets left on the floor of the Home Depot crapper...dont ask he how I know that.

Feedback Score
    Even a waist pack is more attractive and handy if you need to carry essentials.
    In some places a "fanny pack" can be an indication the person is carrying a concealed firearm. Legal in much of the country with permit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    In some places a "fanny pack" can be an indication the person is carrying a concealed firearm. Legal in much of the country with permit.
    I have a permit but seldom carry, but there are lots of inocuous holsters for smaller pistols. A Bersa 380 fits right into my cell phone holster. I use fanny packs for events, stadium and outdoor, but I find them cumbersome for pistols.

Device(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V30 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Well? Did anyone get a belt holster for Christmas?
    LG V20 (Verizon)

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    ....and don't forget about the pocket protector. Those accessories are a matching set.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    ....and don't forget about the pocket protector. Those accessories are a matching set.
    Pocket protectors were a necessity back in the day, especially if you carried multiple pens as technical people did. They would leak! Does nobody use ink pens anymore? I still use paper pads for notes, especially during phone calls. Much faster than using a computer or phone.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Pocket protectors were a necessity back in the day, especially if you carried multiple pens as technical people did. They would leak! Does nobody use ink pens anymore?
    Back in those days, engineers/technicians used pens, so they needed pocket protectors. We programmers used pencils to write codes, we didn't need no stinkin' pocket protectors.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Pocket protectors were a necessity back in the day, especially if you carried multiple pens as technical people did. They would leak! Does nobody use ink pens anymore? I still use paper pads for notes, especially during phone calls. Much faster than using a computer or phone.
    Personally I use graphite pens, ink pencils, and liquid pads for notes.

You don't need to confirm what type of pencil, pen and notepads that you use. I think we know what type you or anyone uses.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3