Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Good bye cricket

Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible Mobile $25
    Feedback Score

Good bye cricket

So just ported out to Visible from. cricket and the whole the process was smooth and painless.
    Don’t believe the horror stories about visible till you do it yourself, it is free and first month is $25 for unlimited everything, after that $40 period or less with party pay.
    No more 8 MBps cap and perennial begging for hotspot since all are free included at visible.
    Everything is great so far, data is faster than Cricket for sure many many time , mms, sms, calls and everything works in minutes.
    So long Cricket, I can not pay for things that I can not use, especially data ... degradation

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    It’s funny watching the Cricketeers leave the cult.

That said, yep, for $25/month it’s tough to beat. And 95% of the horror stories about porting, activation, etc. are user error. I’ve ported ~10 numbers in and out of Visible, never had a problem and the service has been great.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible Mobile $25
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedapple View Post
    It’s funny watching the Cricketeers leave the cult.

That said, yep, for $25/month it’s tough to beat. And 95% of the horror stories about porting, activation, etc. are user error. I’ve ported ~10 numbers in and out of Visible, never had a problem and the service has been great.
    Visible has better service and quality than Cricket now . How do you get account number and pin from Visible? I m very new to them so curious to know. So far Visible is basically Verizon in $40 or less

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    Visible has better service and quality than Cricket now . How do you get account number and pin from Visible? I m very new to them so curious to know. So far Visible is basically Verizon in $40 or less
    Text them and ask for your account number and PIN. Texting them works; I never bothered Tweeting or whatever.

Feedback Score
    I'm on my way next. Even on Unlimited more, it feels slower than the old 3Mb plan before they jacked it up. Sad to see it, but it's been a good 5 year run. Just need to get my ATT locked iPhone swapped out.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible Mobile $25
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedapple View Post
    Text them and ask for your account number and PIN. Texting them works; I never bothered Tweeting or whatever.
    Thanks. Will do, love the thing setup and processing , nice and easy

Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    I'm on my way next. Even on Unlimited more, it feels slower than the old 3Mb plan before they jacked it up. Sad to see it, but it's been a good 5 year run. Just need to get my ATT locked iPhone swapped out.
    Cricket has been degraded in terms of data usability. I refused to pay for service that I can not use. Something wrong with Att, DirectTVNow losing customers, cricket service poor data, seem like they losing grip or some sort. I m out. And very happy with Visible $40 or less all in. Good luck

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. Will do, love the thing setup and processing , nice and easy

Cricket has been degraded in terms of data usability. I refused to pay for service that I can not use. Something wrong with Att, DirectTVNow losing customers, cricket service poor data, seem like they losing grip or some sort. I m out. And very happy with Visible $40 or less all in. Good luck
    You’re welcome.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Has cricket been sucking lately?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible Mobile $25
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Has cricket been sucking lately?
    Calls and text messages are still solid Att quality BUT the data is very very slow even not used up your allotted GB. Obviously deprioritization is the key and it makes data unusable everyday. Bye bye

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Good bye cricket

Like many others, I got out in favour of AT&T prepaid. It made a difference in terms of data usability.

I was a customer since the AIO days. It got to the point where Waze stopped working reliably due to data issues. Switching fixed it.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible Mobile $25
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    Like many others, I got out in favour of AT&T prepaid. It made a difference in terms of data usability.

I was a customer since the AIO days. It got to the point where Waze stopped working reliably due to data issues. Switching fixed it.
    Yeap, when the car BT stops working due to weak data from your phone for weeks, it is the time to quit, lol... I do hope Att maintain some quality with Att prepaid and don’t let it rot like Cricket, I am worried cause Att has been gone downhill lately from DirectTVNow fiasco , losing customers like left and right, now cricket poor data, raising prices, etc. I m out for good, you have to get your money worth, peace everyone.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    So just ported out to Visible from. cricket and the whole the process was smooth and painless.
    Don’t believe the horror stories about visible till you do it yourself, it is free and first month is $25 for unlimited everything, after that $40 period or less with party pay.
    No more 8 MBps cap and perennial begging for hotspot since all are free included at visible.
    Everything is great so far, data is faster than Cricket for sure many many time , mms, sms, calls and everything works in minutes.
    So long Cricket, I can not pay for things that I can not use, especially data ... degradation
    I looked at Visible when I was leaving T-Mobile. Basically I had to go to some sort of Verizon service because of coverage issues with T-Mobile, and while AT&T was a little better, Verizon has the best coverage in my area by a significant margin.

What caused me to choose Total Wireless over Visible was the very limited number of BYOD devices that Visible supports. Total Wireless supports any Verizon compatible phone, but Visible does not. We'd have had to buy several new phones to move to Visible. The cost was about the same. Total Wireless is $95 for four lines with 100GB shared data. Since we use maybe 15GB between all of us there would be no upside to unlimited data.

I wonder if limiting the compatible devices is designed to prevent defections from Verizon postpaid service.

I understand that Visible no longer throttles a "limited time offer," but Total Wireless was not ever throttling.

Total Wireless recently added official hot spot support, though their CSRs are not yet aware of this.
    Last edited by CanadianAngela; 12-17-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible Mobile $25
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAngela View Post
    I looked at Visible when I was leaving T-Mobile. Basically I had to go to some sort of Verizon service because of coverage issues with T-Mobile, and while AT&T was a little better, Verizon has the best coverage in my area by a significant margin.

What caused me to choose Total Wireless over Visible was the very limited number of BYOD devices that Visible supports. Total Wireless supports any Verizon compatible phone, but Visible does not. We'd have had to buy several new phone to move to Visible. The cost was about the same. Total Wireless is $95 for four lines with 100GB shared data. Since we use maybe 15GB between all of us there would be no upside to unlimited data.

I wonder if limiting the compatible devices is designed to prevent defections from Verizon postpaid service.

I understand that Visible no longer throttles a "limited time offer," but Total Wireless was not ever throttling.

Total Wireless recently added official hot spot support, though their CSRs are not yet aware of this.
    The big difference between Visible and Total W is Verizon 100% own Visible and have Verizon executives work there meanwhile Total W are owned by America movil (mexican giant conglomate co)

If you are happy with total W then great, but i think I pass, and so far Visible has been great everything works, hotspot is a big plus and it is unlimited. Working great. I know that Visible indoor signal is stronger than Cricket been using last night and all morning. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    You guys are tempting me with your talk of Visible

What kind of speeds do you get?

If I get my Cricket S10 unlocked a bit down the road can I bring it to Visible? I don't understand why only some phones work with Visible. They are wanting you to buy phones from them I take it?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible Mobile $25
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    You guys are tempting me with your talk of Visible

What kind of speeds do you get?

If I get my Cricket S10 unlocked a bit down the road can I bring it to Visible? I don't understand why only some phones work with Visible. They are wanting you to buy phones from them I take it?
    I m iPhone person so I only can tell you my side of iPhone. Any unlocked iphone can go to visible, the only caveat is how you activate it with visible sim, it’s kinda tricky cause visible app has to be open only when activating sim. They have 11 steps instructions sent via email when account setup. Activation differs from cricket, but once you do it right you get confirmation then it’s all golden!
    Hotspot works
    Wifi call works
    Unlimited data
    Unlimited text calls.
    Totally Verizon
    Best part is Verizon indoor signal is the best.

Take you time may be cricket change again for better who knows but I m visible for good for now
    Hope this help

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast