Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    True....now when will you port to Visible? Out of curiosity
    Happy holidays
    Cheers
    I can't do that until Visible supports all the phones we are using. So for now I am on Total Wireless.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible Mobile $25
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    Oh, yeah--not only must you follow the 15 steps exactly and precisely as Verizon intended (but didn't necessarily document correctly), you must ALSO use either (a) a modern iPhone, or (b) one of the few Android handsets they've decided to bless.

"Verizon: it's our way or the highway."

Not too many people will dump their handsets and buy new just to save five bucks using a Verizon service.
    I feel your pent-up rage against Verizon, but my point is we only pay $25 for the great working service for unlimited everything and free hotspot. In the United states which carrier is better than Verizon realistically?

Visible party pay is genius, everyone manages his or her line, free to leave and won’t impact the head of group like other systems. The party can replace that leaving person easily to bring rate back to $25.
    What carrier are you on, Cricket?
    Happy Holidays and much joy and cheers sir
    Best regards

Feedback Score
    I feel your pent-up rage against Verizon, but my point is we only pay $25 for the great working service for unlimited everything and free hotspot. In the United states which carrier is better than Verizon realistically?

Visible party pay is genius, everyone manages his or her line, free to leave and won’t impact the head of group like other systems. The party can replace that leaving person easily to bring rate back to $25.
    Best regards
    My family is on Cricket; 3 Unlimited More (unlimited high speed, including hotspot) for $110. It certainly LOOKS like three Visible on party pay would be $90.

Me, I'm on T-Mobile. I got what I have for work, mostly for the hotspot. At the time, it was the cheapest way to get unlimited high speed hotspot. $75.

One problem I have with moving myself is, our expense system expects postpaid. I might be able to get away with prepaid, I don't know. But: a) I'd have to get a new phone, which I don't want to do, and (b) there's ZERO expectation that the hotspot will continue to meet my needs ongoing. With T-Mo postpaid, there's every expectation that it will continue to do so--and even into the 5G era.

And of course, the problem I have moving my family is having to change phones. One of them will work just fine, but two of them will need replaced. Won't happen anytime in the next 2-3 years. In the meantime, that extra $20/month for Cricket won't bother me one bit. And we'll get to see how Visible truly rolls out. I still don't trust Verizon.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I had issues on Cricket over the summer, but lately it’s been working fine. So for now I’m happy on the grandfathered 4/$100 (no deprioritization until 22gb, supposedly lol)

The new Visible party pay is intriguing for the same price with hotspot. Hopefully they get Canada roaming soon. I will probably have a tough time convincing my parents to switch back to Verizon since they had poor coverage in their apartment, and I don’t want to boot them off our plan with their fixed income. But a new Verizon tower is going in near my house soon....so we’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible Mobile $25
    Feedback Score
    My family is on Cricket; 3 Unlimited More (unlimited high speed, including hotspot) for $110. It certainly LOOKS like three Visible on party pay would be $90.

Me, I'm on T-Mobile. I got what I have for work, mostly for the hotspot. At the time, it was the cheapest way to get unlimited high speed hotspot. $75.

One problem I have with moving myself is, our expense system expects postpaid. I might be able to get away with prepaid, I don't know. But: a) I'd have to get a new phone, which I don't want to do, and (b) there's ZERO expectation that the hotspot will continue to meet my needs ongoing. With T-Mo postpaid, there's every expectation that it will continue to do so--and even into the 5G era.

And of course, the problem I have moving my family is having to change phones. One of them will work just fine, but two of them will need replaced. Won't happen anytime in the next 2-3 years. In the meantime, that extra $20/month for Cricket won't bother me one bit. And we'll get to see how Visible truly rolls out. I still don't trust Verizon.
    I don’t work or am not associated with Verizon or Visible by any means, so i am not selling anybody , it is just my experience using their service.
    As for $90 three people you can find the willing 4th Visible user to fill your party easily like in 30 min or hour to bring you to $25 each before your monthly due date. It took me just 2 days to fill all three spots because i have to talk to my friends to join otherwise the party will be filled even faster.
    And as it becomes more popular, it will be even easier to fill in minutes.
    Nice chatting here, Merry Christmas

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    This should say goodbye att and not just cricket.

Att has crapped on their postpaid customers with price increases, crapped on their prepaid customers with getting rid of any wifi calling they had on their expensive plan, and are now gimping and crapping on cricket customers.

Will att ever treat customers decent?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a spare phone on Visible & it sucks.. data is soooo slow..

Sent from my SM-N960U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post

Sent from my SM-N960U using HoFo mobile app
    so as always, YMMV.

I spent four months testing AT&T postpaid, their most expensive plan, against my T-Mobile setup--and discovered that they were very equivalent overall. AT&T offered nothing in particular over my T-Mo service.

I may find a cheap phone and try Visible for the same thing. The talk about "but data speeds are blinding fast, and they're not throttling the hotspot" may be worth tossing a few bucks at to try.

BTW, I looked at their list of phones; they say that Galaxy S9 family works, but apparently only the Verizon version. I checked my wife's AT&T S9+ (which I have since unlocked) and their checker said, "nope".

Feedback Score

On the other hand, I could leave T-Mo if this happens

T-Mobile is Reportedly Considering Merging With Comcast

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/t-mo...-with-comcast/

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/t-mo...-with-comcast/
    Att is bad but Comcast is much much worse

Device(s)
    Cricket Moto g7 supra,metro Moto g7pwr, visible g7bpwr
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,visible,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Every carrier has issues. It allways comes down to which one works best for you.

Device(s)
    Cricket Moto g7 supra,metro Moto g7pwr, visible g7bpwr
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,visible,metro pcs
    Feedback Score

Best regards
    You hit it exactly. I got a vzw pop up offering petty much the same plan as visible for something like $80/mth plus tax i guess. I can take a little crap for the difference. Otoh, i probably would have stayedv with cricket except my coverage went from great to horrible.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    As always, it's a YMMV. Having it as a second line (and set as primary data) on my phone has been an interesting 24 hours so far. While I have gotten some great speeds in some areas (100Mbps+), there have also been some really lousy <2Mbps locations that seem like they're performing even worse than that. Across the board, pings are kinda high so it takes a second from what I'm used to (Indianapolis area, so I don't think I'm as close to the various POPs like the folks with almost-native Verizon pings). I'm going to keep trying things out, especially as my main number isn't affected and I've paid for the month, but it doesn't seem as consistent as some of the AT&T offerings in my area.

While I enjoy Cord Cutters News, I think this story may need to be taken with a grain of salt—2015 was a much different time for the telecom industry (pre-Xfinity Mobile, AT&T/DirecTV merger just was wrapping up). Considering how T-Mobile wants to do home internet, it may not necessarily make sense to merge with Comcast to get a few traditional cable markets: https://www.cabletv.com/xfinity/availability-map

Then again, it could also strengthen T-Mobile to further compete against AT&T and Verizon and give them some backhaul in a few large cities.

Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    You hit it exactly. I got a vzw pop up offering petty much the same plan as visible for something like $80/mth plus tax i guess. I can take a little crap for the difference. Otoh, i probably would have stayedv with cricket except my coverage went from great to horrible.
    Yeah, the line between the limited-time Cricket BYOD plan, Cricket More, AT&T Prepaid's cheaper unlimited plan, and some of the new postpaid plans is pretty blurry for the same reason. They all are always-deprioritized, but the price is quite a bit different.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    As always, it's a YMMV. Having it as a second line (and set as primary data) on my phone has been an interesting 24 hours so far. While I have gotten some great speeds in some areas (100Mbps+), there have also been some really lousy <2Mbps locations that seem like they're performing even worse than that. Across the board, pings are kinda high so it takes a second from what I'm used to (Indianapolis area, so I don't think I'm as close to the various POPs like the folks with almost-native Verizon pings). I'm going to keep trying things out, especially as my main number isn't affected and I've paid for the month, but it doesn't seem as consistent as some of the AT&T offerings in my area.

While I enjoy Cord Cutters News, I think this story may need to be taken with a grain of salt—2015 was a much different time for the telecom industry (pre-Xfinity Mobile, AT&T/DirecTV merger just was wrapping up). Considering how T-Mobile wants to do home internet, it may not necessarily make sense to merge with Comcast to get a few traditional cable markets: https://www.cabletv.com/xfinity/availability-map

Then again, it could also strengthen T-Mobile to further compete against AT&T and Verizon and give them some backhaul in a few large cities.

Yeah, the line between the limited-time Cricket BYOD plan, Cricket More, AT&T Prepaid's cheaper unlimited plan, and some of the new postpaid plans is pretty blurry for the same reason. They all are always-deprioritized, but the price is quite a bit different.
    I doubt it would be TMobile as the driving force behind a Comcast merger, it would be Comcast acquiring a wireless carrier. As far as it making sense, it totally makes sense from a Comcast perspective. It makes much more sense for them to let Sprint and TMobile handle the horizontal merger first, then do a vertical merger with the combined entity. As far as being from 2015, companies have roadmaps planned years in advance all the time, and if you read the documents https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/23/...ger-assessment

You can see they have followed the roadmap to a tee so far.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    I doubt it would be TMobile as the driving force behind a Comcast merger, it would be Comcast acquiring a wireless carrier. As far as it making sense, it totally makes sense from a Comcast perspective. It makes much more sense for them to let Sprint and TMobile handle the horizontal merger first, then do a vertical merger with the combined entity. As far as being from 2015, companies have roadmaps planned years in advance all the time, and if you read the documents https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/23/...ger-assessment

You can see they have followed the roadmap to a tee so far.
    Perhaps I was a bit too hasty with my assessment—I agree that Comcast would be the driving force (they are the bigger company) and companies do have long road maps. T-Mobile following theirs is rather admirable in that they've been able to predict much of the trends. There have been some moments where the industry has had to react to unexpected changes (the end of "contracts" or subsidies in mobile, cord cutting, ways to offer unlimited data plans with limitations). Taking it back to the original topic, I think AT&T has often been reactionary and made some poor decisions here and there that have led them to their current state. Sprint was notorious for even worse bad decisions, which they never can seem to recover from.

Going back to the T-Mobile/Comcast thing...obviously the documents are from the T-Mobile side of things, so there may be no interest from Comcast, but it would make perfect sense to wait for the Sprint merger to wrap up, then argue that T-Mobile and Comcast need to tie the knot to compete against AT&T (maybe Verizon, but media and wireline are much less of a focus). Nonetheless, it may be interesting to see how they'd sell it and how they'd wind things down with Verizon with the current Xfinity Mobile.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast