Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Good bye cricket

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    It's not true as a blanket statement that TMobile covers less geographical area than Verizon or At&t? I worked for TMobile for 15 years, I can tell you, even TMobile disagrees with you here.
    If you left T-Mobile as late as 6 months ago, I'd say you are way out of date. That's how fast T-Mo has been running these past several years.

I say this from the perspective of a business user who travels, who joined T-Mo 7 years ago, and who has seen--and continues to see--the improvements.

I can almost guarantee that when CDMA sunsets, T-Mobile will have something way different to say to the world about "who's your daddy now".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    If you left T-Mobile as late as 6 months ago, I'd say you are way out of date. That's how fast T-Mo has been running these past several years.

I say this from the perspective of a business user who travels, who joined T-Mo 7 years ago, and who has seen--and continues to see--the improvements.

I can almost guarantee that when CDMA sunsets, T-Mobile will have something way different to say to the world about "who's your daddy now".
    I can guarantee you they will not. As I said, even TMobile disputes you here. Verizon and At&t have a large geographical coverage advantage over TMobile. TMobile does not dispute this, that's why all their advertising only lists 99.xx% of Verizon LTE coverage, and then in small print tells you they are basing this on pop's covered, not actual geographical coverage. The only people who claim TMobile has the same geographical footprint of Verizon or At&t are people in forums or who are on Reddit, the company never claims this, as they know it's untrue. Once TMobile feels they have closed the geographical gap where there is virtually no difference, they will be the first to tell you, as long as it's the same TMobile it is now.

Device(s)
    Cricket Moto g7 supra,metro Moto g7pwr, visible g7bpwr
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,visible,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedapple View Post
    Same here - no hotspot speed cap.
    Mine is,but I'm not complaining,as cricket didn't provide hotspot and often not the 3 gb that was advertised. Not complaining there either. My issue was my recent home coverage became awful.. This far, visible was a good move. We'll see.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I can guarantee you they will not. As I said, even TMobile disputes you here. Verizon and At&t have a large geographical coverage advantage over TMobile. TMobile does not dispute this, that's why all their advertising only lists 99.xx% of Verizon LTE coverage, and then in small print tells you they are basing this on pop's covered, not actual geographical coverage. The only people who claim TMobile has the same geographical footprint of Verizon or At&t are people in forums or who are on Reddit, the company never claims this, as they know it's untrue. Once TMobile feels they have closed the geographical gap where there is virtually no difference, they will be the first to tell you, as long as it's the same TMobile it is now.
    Just look at the T-Mobile maps and be sure to zoom in. The coverage difference of T-Mobile, versus AT&T and Verizon, is enormous. No one denies the difference, not even T-Mobile. It's only on forums like Reddit and Howard Forums where you see these absurd claims from people promoting T-Mobile, for whatever reason.

T-Mobile has some real advantages over AT&T and Verizon, such as included international data, albeit at low speed, plus bundling in taxes and fees. But coverage is NOT one of their advantages, it's one of their deficiencies.

Feedback Score
    Coverage maps have nothing to do with reality.

Take a couple of phones from different providers and go out into the real world.

Cue the wail and cry of "but I go to this one spot in the world where no one but VZW works!" Yeah, I get it. There are plenty of places like that in the world--and that applies to all carriers.

I live in a major metro area, in an upper middle class neighborhood. Open any coverage map and zoom in on my house and you'll see all sorts of promises. Now take some phones from different carriers and try to use them--inside or out, doesn't matter. You'll see that the coverage maps are, at best, an indicator of what generally might happen in my general area.

Or might not. A block east of me, or two blocks west of me, way different. In general T-Mo beat out AT&T in my travels, and what I'm seeing of VZW paints a very bad picture of them.

So, get out of your mom's basement, take some phones, and see what the real world is like. Don't count on the carriers' maps.

Feedback Score
    Coverage maps have nothing to do with reality.

Take a couple of phones from different providers and go out into the real world.

Cue the wail and cry of "but I go to this one spot in the world where no one but VZW works!" Yeah, I get it. There are plenty of places like that in the world--and that applies to all carriers.

I live in a major metro area, in an upper middle class neighborhood. Open any coverage map and zoom in on my house and you'll see all sorts of promises. Now take some phones from different carriers and try to use them--inside or out, doesn't matter. You'll see that the coverage maps are, at best, an indicator of what generally might happen in my general area.

Or might not. A block east of me, or two blocks west of me, way different. In general T-Mo beat out AT&T in my travels, and what I'm seeing of VZW paints a very bad picture of them.

So, get out of your mom's basement, take some phones, and see what the real world is like. Don't count on the carriers' maps.
    I live in a very upper class area as well, in fact, I live in the same town J.L. just bought his house in, so the smugness from you and the get out of the moms basement comments from you are not needed. If you want to have a snark contest, feel free to message me and I can be the most stuck up smug person you will ever meet. I can play that game as well.

As far as your claims, TMobile themselves disagree with you that their geographical footprint is as large as Verizon's and At&t's. They make no such claims, but you instead do. The company disagrees with you. That's all there is to it. Their coverage is growing, they are getting better in their rural coverage, but rural coverage was never one of their strong points, and quite frankly wasn't much of a concern for a while. If you notice, even in their band 12 acquisitions, they weren't in the most rural of areas. They werent out putting up band 2 and 4 towers in rural America, they just weren't doing that. Their goals were to increase capacity in city areas and that's where their network funds went to. Only recently have they looked to increase rural coverage.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I live in a very upper class area as well, in fact, I live in the same town J.L. just bought his house in, so the smugness from you and the get out of the moms basement comments from you are not needed. If you want to have a snark contest, feel free to message me and I can be the most stuck up smug person you will ever meet. I can play that game as well.

As far as your claims, TMobile themselves disagree with you that their geographical footprint is as large as Verizon's and At&t's. They make no such claims, but you instead do. The company disagrees with you. That's all there is to it. Their coverage is growing, they are getting better in their rural coverage, but rural coverage was never one of their strong points, and quite frankly wasn't much of a concern for a while. If you notice, even in their band 12 acquisitions, they weren't in the most rural of areas. They werent out putting up band 2 and 4 towers in rural America, they just weren't doing that. Their goals were to increase capacity in city areas and that's where their network funds went to. Only recently have they looked to increase rural coverage.
    I guess that explains why you tend to talk down to people. If you really lived in an upper class neighborhood you wouldnt be on a message board arguing all day long

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    I guess that explains why you tend to talk down to people. If you really lived in an upper class neighborhood you wouldnt be on a message board arguing all day long
    I don't talk down to anyone. I also don't appreciate others trying to talk down to people by telling to to "get out of the basement" because you know...get it.....if you don't agree with a person they must live in a basement....get it....it's a stupid and useless phrase for someone to use when their point is proven wrong. TMobile doesn't even agree that they have the same geographical coverage as verizon, but, some person on a message board says it so must be true. As for what I do "all day long", would you like to come over and watch some day?

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score

Well-stated. It would be great if T-Mobile were to turn themselves into a viable competitor to AT&T and Verizon, but doing so would be enormously expensive and would not give them a return on that investment. The vast majority of customers are in metropolitan areas and there are sufficient numbers of customers that don't care about coverage and will happily pay a lower price for a lower quality service. Enticements like free Netflix, free low-speed international data roaming, bundled taxes and fees, and "T-Mobile Tuesdays" are able to keep T-Mobile's subscriber numbers up; I mean who wouldn't want to enjoy a free Taco Bell taco and Burger Kind Whopper once a week? It could cut your monthly food expenditures by several dollars.

It's like department stores. Walmart does well by offering lower prices on lower-end merchandise. Costco offers higher quality merchandise, still at good prices. Verizon and AT&T are more like Costco, while T-Mobile is more like Walmart. Sprint is like Dollar General or Dollar Tree. Actually that's a bit unfair to Sprint because Sprint's postpaid service, with all its included roaming, actually provides better total coverage than T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    No matter where people live, no matter what class they are in, they still like to argue.

Feedback Score
    Good for you.

In the meantime, quit crowing about "but look at the coverage maps". Those are lies, crafted to sell you their dream. Reality is going out into the world and finding out for yourself.

Reality is going out into the world and finding out for yourself. You're doing an awfully good job of trying not to do or promote that.

Feedback Score
    I don't talk down to anyone.
    Ah, I get it. You're like the carrier coverage maps. Tell the world one thing, actual behavior is another.

Got it.

You DO realize, you aren't writing PMs? The public reads what you write?

Feedback Score
    if you don't agree with a person they must live in a basement....get it....
    no, I meant if you don't have real world experience and if you simply depend on the carrier maps and use those as "evidence" to argue your point on web boards, what you need to do is get out of your mom's basement and go out into the real world and find out for yourself.

To sit here and talk about the published carrier maps as if they are Holy Writ is ridiculous. They're nothing but sales bluster.

What matters is out in the real world, where people go. AT&T coverage sucks at least as much as T-Mobile overall. They're not doing anything special. That's from the real world, traveling between and to areas with various population density.

Feedback Score
    Good for you.

In the meantime, quit crowing about "but look at the coverage maps". Those are lies, crafted to sell you their dream. Reality is going out into the world and finding out for yourself.

Reality is going out into the world and finding out for yourself. You're doing an awfully good job of trying not to do or promote that.
    No, reality is just that, reality. The reality is TMobile doesn't have the same geographical footprint as Verizon and At&t. You will find nobody at TMobile who will agree with this assessment, nor do they even try to pretend to promote it. They will try to insinuate it, sure, with their POP covered advertising claims, but they will not promote that they have the same geographical footprint as Verizon and At&t, nor have they even fully attempted to do this yet. Most of their network funds go towards filling in capacity in urban areas, and not building new rural sites. The great thing for TMobile is this was never overly needed for them to succeed. They've taken almost 100% of the wireless growth in the industry over the last 4 years, all without a very strong urban presence. Imagine how Verizon felt, spending double and sometimes triple what TMobile did on their network, and TMobile taking 100% of the growth in the industry. Now that, would be a buzzkill for Verizon.

Also, I never said anything about the coverage maps.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAngela View Post
    Well-stated. It would be great if T-Mobile were to turn themselves into a viable competitor to AT&T and Verizon, but doing so would be enormously expensive
    Have you ever taken two phones out into the country, traveled around, and done straight head to head comparisons?

I'm guessing not.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast