Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: No Wi-Fi Calling (or VoLTE?) on $85 ($75 Autopay) Plan

Feedback Score
    Just checking in has this issue been resolved yet? They are doing another round of promo on this plan thought I’d ask before making a move

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Just checking in has this issue been resolved yet? They are doing another round of promo on this plan thought I’d ask before making a move
    still no VoLTE or WI-FI Calling on my unlocked moto G5s plus factory unlocked. you may want to consider cricket wireless ( AT&T) which has both VoLTE and WI-FI Calling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    still no VoLTE or WI-FI Calling on my unlocked moto G5s plus factory unlocked. you may want to consider cricket wireless ( AT&T) which has both VoLTE and WI-FI Calling
    Ok I was wondering if the feature itself was working on that plan in specific the unlimited plus one. Just wondering if anyone is able to get it working while on the plan

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S & SE
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    VoLTE works for me but Wi-Fi calling does not.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    ATT seems to be removing benefits off their prepaid plans. We lost HD voice and Wifi calling and probably more.

Device(s)
    H910 (AT&T V20)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PREPAID
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tresmith007 View Post
    ATT seems to be removing benefits off their prepaid plans. We lost HD voice and Wifi calling and probably more.
    Which plan and device?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tresmith007 View Post
    The iPhone 4s never supported VoLTE. And is LONG out of support

I now have VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling on the ATT network with Red Pocket and H2O Wireless on the iPhone SE and iPhone 6s
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    With nationwide 5G around the corner I wouldn’t be surprised if prepaid and MVNO’s will also be barred from those networks.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    So are you guys saying this is still not working on the 75 unlimited plan (price dropped)?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635, Moto G 2nd
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone x3, PPCx2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX3, H20, Tello
    Feedback Score
    FWIW: Wi-Fi calling currently works for us on the old $45/mo and even on the $35/mo plans using unlocked BYOD iPhone 6s.

We could make and receive calls from overseas to the U.S. using just the hotel wi-fi as if they were regular domestic calls.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellDW View Post
    Can confirm that WiFi Calling doesn’t work on the $75 Unlimited Plan. I get an error message stating to turn WiFi calling off. This makes me very angry because just about all Prepaid carriers cap video speeds expect AT&T. I know I can use a VPN but speeds are still slow. I’m looking into leaving AT&T now because there’s many spots that AT&T doesn’t have service with Edge being taken offline. People rely on WiFi Calling where there service can’t reach. Making this a premium feature is downright wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Typically on most AT&T and Cricket plans WIFI calling works with IPhones. WiFi calling works with some carrier purchased Android phones. AT&T in the gross stupidity will not allow BYOD Android devices to use WiFi calling. I switched away from AT&T for exactly that reason. It will be a cold day in you know where before I buy a phone directly from a carrier.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5, LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairzinho View Post
    FWIW: Wi-Fi calling currently works for us on the old $45/mo and even on the $35/mo plans using unlocked BYOD iPhone 6s.

We could make and receive calls from overseas to the U.S. using just the hotel wi-fi as if they were regular domestic calls.
    Wifi calling works fine with all At&t branded Android Phones and newer unlocked Samsung Phones such as the S10 series. Unfortunately, most unlocked phones that are not branded with At&t like One Plus, Asus etc do not have Wifi Calling ability. Unlocked LG phones can be hit or miss of they aren't At&t branded.

Carrier(s)
    Gophone
    Feedback Score
    I'm on the $50 plan and my unlocked Pixel 3a works on wifi.

Feedback Score
    This seems to be their list of current supported devices.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CheapCharlie View Post
    Wifi calling works fine with all At&t branded Android Phones and newer unlocked Samsung Phones such as the S10 series. Unfortunately, most unlocked phones that are not branded with At&t like One Plus, Asus etc do not have Wifi Calling ability. Unlocked LG phones can be hit or miss of they aren't At&t branded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skuzz View Post
    This seems to be their list of current supported devices.
    This reflects my experience with AT&T prepaid. If you have the right device VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling works fine now and as of about February 2019. And speaking from my experience in Samsung in particular it needs to have the right OS on it to work, the generic unlocked ones don't work. I've heard you can flash a new OS on them to get them to work but I've never done it, it's too easy to just get the right phone on swappa. If you had an older SIM support might have to do something to enable it, I had to call in with a sim from 2014 that wouldn't work but they changed something to get it working.

I have zero doubt that there are a lot of accounts that are messed up out there that meet the prerequisites and aren't working but I think it's all just customer support issues. CS is terrible in prepaid, but that's where you are saving the money.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast