Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Band 71

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score

Band 71

Has anyone seen this inside buildings in urban areas yet? Really helps in rural areas!

Feedback Score
    In my experience it helps in rural areas because I've seen Band 71 towers cropping up where there used to be no TMO signal at all. That is, it is helping the rural areas because having a TMO cell band in an area is an improvement over having none at all before.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buckspaul View Post
    Has anyone seen this inside buildings in urban areas yet? Really helps in rural areas!
    Yes, I have seen Band 71 in South Florida in Dade, Broward and Palm Beach county’s. There is one sports restaurant bar where I have seen Band 71 show up on my S9. This is a coverage map that you can hit the clear button then wait till the dots are gone then hit Band71 that shows where cell towers are located. https://coverage.lart2150.com/allBands/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Yes, I have seen Band 71 in South Florida in Dade, Broward and Palm Beach county’s. There is one sports restaurant bar where I have seen Band 71 show up on my S9. This is a coverage map that you can hit the clear button then wait till the dots are gone then hit Band71 that shows where cell towers are located. https://coverage.lart2150.com/allBands/
    Of course with band 71 on 4G gimped to 5x5 MHz it's pretty much useless

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Of course with band 71 on 4G gimped to 5x5 MHz it's pretty much useless
    It sure beats all those stupid people overpaying with AT&T and Verizon with no service where I was.

Feedback Score
    It sure beats all those stupid people overpaying with AT&T and Verizon with no service where I was.
    Want to translate that into English? Anyway in jus about every areas Verizon and a&t have more lowband which is why t-mobile remains a distant 3rd. Their band 71 was meant to close or surpass that gap. T-Mobile could have surpassed Verizon just about everywhere. Talk about blowing a golden opportunity

Feedback Score
    Anyway in jus about every areas Verizon and a&t have more lowband which is why t-mobile remains a distant 3rd. Their band 71 was meant to close or surpass that gap. T-Mobile could have surpassed Verizon just about everywhere. Talk about blowing a golden opportunity
    Yes, your point is only Verizon knows how to properly manage a network. Nobody else comes close. I think you've made your point over and over: Verizon best, all other carriers, awful.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Yes, your point is only Verizon knows how to properly manage a network. Nobody else comes close. I think you've made your point over and over: Verizon best, all other carriers, awful.
    That's not what I said and if you calm down and chill and actually READ what people are writing instead of being defensive about t-mobile all the time maybe you can joint the rest of the adults in this conversation.

Yes I am so pro-Verizon I want this merger to happen so T-Mobile can actually have the ability to compete with Verizon and force Verizon to offer better plans at better prices. A pro-Verizon person would hope the merger doesn't happen so T-Mobile remains only a modest threat and also leaves open the possibility of Verizon picking up pieces of Sprint's corpse when they inevitably die. Take off the magenta colored glasses and quit looking to pick fights when it's not necessary

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    That's not what I said and if you calm down and chill and actually READ what people are writing instead of being defensive about t-mobile all the time maybe you can joint the rest of the adults in this conversation.

Yes I am so pro-Verizon I want this merger to happen so T-Mobile can actually have the ability to compete with Verizon and force Verizon to offer better plans at better prices. A pro-Verizon person would hope the merger doesn't happen so T-Mobile remains only a modest threat and also leaves open the possibility of Verizon picking up pieces of Sprint's corpse when they inevitably die. Take off the magenta colored glasses and quit looking to pick fights when it's not necessary
    So only people that support Verizon or AT&T and attack T-Mobile on a T-Mobile board are considered adults by your definition. Jet1000 knows more about T-Mobile than all the T-Mobile attackers combined. There are about 70 million T-Mobile customers that don’t think they should switch to another network. Really people that don’t have T-Mobile are just here to tell T- Mobile customers how much they should switch to their favorite networks by attacking T-Mobile and their happy customers non-stop.

Feedback Score
    So only people that support Verizon or AT&T and attack T-Mobile on a T-Mobile board are considered adults by your definition.
    Its amazing that the two biggest T-Mobile cheerleaders here both fail at reading comprehension. Basically criticize T-Mobile about ANYTHING now equals "attacking" T-Mobile customers. How insecure do you two have to be to feel this way?

Jet1000 knows more about T-Mobile than all the T-Mobile attackers combined.
    Not sure what that has to do with anything and a dubious point at best

There are about 70 million T-Mobile customers that don’t think they should switch to another network. Really people that don’t have T-Mobile are just here to tell T- Mobile customers how much they should switch to their favorite networks by attacking T-Mobile and their happy customers non-stop.
    Not once in any of my posts have I advocated for anyone to switch from T-Mobile. Once again failure to read. Funny how I'm pro-merger yet anti-T-Mobile. Weird. I'm for T-Mobile kicking Verizon's and at&t butt after the merger so those 2 will be forced to offer better plans at better prices. yet I'm anti-T-Mobile at the same time.

The only negative thing I said was I questioned how they are doing their lowband 5G. Now if you can explain as to why I shouldn't be allowed to express a different opinion on this than you and jet I'm listening. You sure like to act like you're the boss of this board. And the way you dismiss anyone's opinions that are different than your with insults shows your immaturity.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buckspaul View Post
    I can say that there isn't 'much' difference between B12 and B71 at fringe areas from my experience.
    I've been at fringe area for a few days in Palm Springs, where I get ~-120dBm to -no service on B71 and similar on B12. Note: When I forced B12 only.. it was less likely to connect.
    This area was so weak that it was bouncing between AT&T (also B12 here) and Verizon B13 of around -120dBm or worse at times.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    LG G8 Thinq
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    I can say that there isn't 'much' difference between B12 and B71 at fringe areas from my experience.
    I've been at fringe area for a few days in Palm Springs, where I get ~-120dBm to -no service on B71 and similar on B12. Note: When I forced B12 only.. it was less likely to connect.
    This area was so weak that it was bouncing between AT&T (also B12 here) and Verizon B13 of around -120dBm or worse at times.
    My experience is the same. No real difference between the B12 and B71 which is not totally unexpected with the frequencies being similar (600 v 700). Where there should be a big difference is B2/B4 and B71. I wish a bit more bandwidth would be opened for 4G on B71 since that is what the majority of users will be using for the foreseeable future. While 5G is great for PR, real world for the next few years is that people are going to be using 4G much more.

I have been in areas where B71 and B12 are saturated with users making it to where things pretty much don't work. I recently traveled I-64, I-57, and I-24 (St. Louis to Paducah) and found B71 (where available) not performing all that well compared to B2. I was getting maybe an extra mile out of B71 with B2 sometimes going a bit more. Guessing it is due to the arrangement/position on the towers. The network along that route is pretty shoddy and that is being generous. Many holes along that route and even further along I-24 going from Paducah to Clarksville, TN (dropped calls/data connections). Driving that route did have me considering switching to another carrier so I hope that area has more towers going up soon.

Feedback Score
    Basically criticize T-Mobile about ANYTHING now equals "attacking" T-Mobile customers.
    Your posts engage in name calling such as:

"the two biggest T-Mobile cheerleaders here"

I don't see anyone calling you names.

Now if you can explain as to why I shouldn't be allowed to express a different opinion on this
    I don't see anyone stopping you from expressing a different opinion.

You've expressed plenty of negative opinions about the T-Mobile network such as:

"Of course with band 71 on 4G gimped to 5x5 MHz it's pretty much useless ".

When people, however, take a different view than yours, you say they "fail at reading comprehension", "shows your immaturity" or you start in the with the name calling.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macuser09 View Post
    My experience is the same. No real difference between the B12 and B71 which is not totally unexpected with the frequencies being similar (600 v 700). Where there should be a big difference is B2/B4 and B71. I wish a bit more bandwidth would be opened for 4G on B71 since that is what the majority of users will be using for the foreseeable future. While 5G is great for PR, real world for the next few years is that people are going to be using 4G much more.

I have been in areas where B71 and B12 are saturated with users making it to where things pretty much don't work. I recently traveled I-64, I-57, and I-24 (St. Louis to Paducah) and found B71 (where available) not performing all that well compared to B2. I was getting maybe an extra mile out of B71 with B2 sometimes going a bit more. Guessing it is due to the arrangement/position on the towers. The network along that route is pretty shoddy and that is being generous. Many holes along that route and even further along I-24 going from Paducah to Clarksville, TN (dropped calls/data connections). Driving that route did have me considering switching to another carrier so I hope that area has more towers going up soon.
    I haven't been in many areas where B12 or B71 have been saturated. As I've mentioned, many areas don't typically connect to B12 or B71 unless rural or B4/B2 is saturated. In my area, I have a site with B2/4/12. I'll typically hit only about 100Mbps with 20x20. B4 and 10x10 b2. B12 being effectively unused gave me better than 35Mbps on 5X5MHz.

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have noticed 0
    Improvement in coverage with Band 71 being deployed, but we already have Band 12 on every site so that’s to be expected.

T-Mobile is still far behind Verizon and AT&T in Alabama. Unfortunately they have not built any new macros. All they’ve been doing is adding B71, so the 10-20 mile gaps in coverage are still there.

I have a feeling they won’t build new macros until this Sprint merger is settled..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast