Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Android RCS on T-Mobile?

Feedback Score

Android RCS on T-Mobile?

I was wondering if anyone using T-Mobile with an up-to-date Android phone has seen RCS messages. I have seen articles that said "Everyone should have it by now", but when I check my phone, it says that the feature is blocked by my carrier.

Device(s)
    HTC HD7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    I was wondering if anyone using T-Mobile with an up-to-date Android phone has seen RCS messages. I have seen articles that said "Everyone should have it by now", but when I check my phone, it says that the feature is blocked by my carrier.
    I have it. But I had to go through a bunch of steps from a YouTube video to activate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Thanks Myron

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    "Everyone" having it is only if you use the Android Messages app from Google.

Feedback Score
    Make sure you have the carrier services app installed and it is updated. It should work for everyone who has the latest version of Android messages, and carrier services. If not working right away, go into the apps setting, force close messages, and try again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Make sure you have the carrier services app installed and it is updated. It should work for everyone who has the latest version of Android messages, and carrier services. If not working right away, go into the apps setting, force close messages, and try again.
    I've done all that many times. Still blocked. I have also tried a youtube video and a step by step web page. Maybe I need to try the right youtube video.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 4mula1 View Post
    "Everyone" having it is only if you use the Android Messages app from Google.
    What else would there be?

Feedback Score
    I've done all that many times. Still blocked. I have also tried a youtube video and a step by step web page. Maybe I need to try the right youtube video.
    There is a way to force it by using activity launcher and manually setting the rcs flags, this shouldn't be needed anymore though with the latest carrier services update. You can try that though.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    I have an Xfinity Mobile phone and the Carrier Services and Google Messages apps were factory installed. I can't delete and re-add them. I disabled them and re-updated them, and they are on the latest versions now, but I still get "the feature is not supported by your carrier".

I wonder if this could be an issue for others with carrier-branded phones and factory-installed apps.

Feedback Score
    Got working even on a Nexus 5 that is on the 20 dollar unlimited talk and text no data plan. Sometimes its a pain but eventually it gets working.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Something has happened since I can no longer text my one friend that has a iPhone 10 on Sprint with Google messenger on only a private text. It shows not sent and resend causes the App to close. Everyone else seems to work with android phones on T- Mobile or Verizon in group text including my friend with the iPhone 10 on Sprint. I was using a sms app called Textra that worked but I stopped getting notifications sounds so I flipped to Google messenger.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    What else would there be?
    My SGS9 came with Samsung Messages installed and it currently doesn't do RCS on T-Mo. Long ago I switched to Android Messages and this is the messaging app that Google has enabled RCS on for everyone that's using that messaging app.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    Can someone explain what this "RCS" does/is?
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    8 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. TM One plan. Get $10/mo. rebate on 7 lines for low data use. Net cost about $185-190/mo. We haven't had a landline in more than 17 years.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Something has happened since I can no longer text my one friend that has a iPhone 10 on Sprint with Google messenger on only a private text. It shows not sent and resend causes the App to close. Everyone else seems to work with android phones on T- Mobile or Verizon in group text including my friend with the iPhone 10 on Sprint. I was using a sms app called Textra that worked but I stopped getting notifications sounds so I flipped to Google messenger.
    My problem was solves and it is Google ridiculous failing. The new RCS “Messages” is a different app with the same name as the Google App installed on my Samsung S9 which I can’t delete. The old non-RCS App called “Messages” Where the iCon looks a little like a blue circle with a white brick with three holes is what would not text only personal text to a friends iPhone and if I hit resend the app would close.

I went to the App Store and found the new RCR version of “Messages” that icon was blue circle with white quote and three blue lines inside. I cannot believe that Google is stupid enough to have different versions of the text app using the same name. My friend with the iPad is in the hospital and was not able to get my texts with stupid non-RCS issue. How does a brilliant company like Google continues to screw up text apps. Google has over 7 text Apps .

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Android RCS on T-Mobile?

Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    My problem was solves and it is Google ridiculous failing. The new RCS “Messages” is a different app with the same name as the Google App installed on my Samsung S9 which I can’t delete. The old non-RCS App called “Messages” Where the iCon looks a little like a blue circle with a white brick with three holes is what would not text only personal text to a friends iPhone and if I hit resend the app would close.

I went to the App Store and found the new RCR version of “Messages” that icon was blue circle with white quote and three blue lines inside. I cannot believe that Google is stupid enough to have different versions of the text app using the same name. My friend with the iPad is in the hospital and was not able to get my texts with stupid non-RCS issue. How does a brilliant company like Google continues to screw up text apps. Google has over 7 text Apps .
    It’s a sign Shilo: Come join us on Team Apple. (Yeah I know that’s never gonna happen)
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast