Thread: Wireless home internet.

Feedback Score

Wireless home internet.

Hi, I am looking to replace my 25mbs ATT BSL. It has gone down 6 times this year and this week has been a disaster with them. It went down last Wensday and they were supposed to be out Friday to fix it and did not come out at all with bo reson given. They were scheduled for 12pm tuesday and did not show again and now they are saying Thurs.. I am fed up especially because I am homebound and the internet is my world (I have no TV due to poor eyesight)
    I am wondering if someone can tell me of a wireless home internet solution. I live in the Atlanta suburbs and get good coverage from all 4 carriers. A hotspot with Ethernet ports is preferred since I have devices that require it.
    I probably need about 10MBS and about 250-300 GBS/month
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mike

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    You might qualify for low-cost wireless Internet service through a MobileCitizen.org. This is currently based on Sprint's signals but if the T-Mobile/Sprint merger goes forward, T-Mobile will inherit the requirement to provide this service. In this case, this service will eventually be both fast and cheap.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by leweezo View Post
    Hi, I am looking to replace my 25mbs ATT BSL. It has gone down 6 times this year and this week has been a disaster with them. It went down last Wensday and they were supposed to be out Friday to fix it and did not come out at all with bo reson given. They were scheduled for 12pm tuesday and did not show again and now they are saying Thurs.. I am fed up especially because I am homebound and the internet is my world (I have no TV due to poor eyesight)
    I am wondering if someone can tell me of a wireless home internet solution. I live in the Atlanta suburbs and get good coverage from all 4 carriers. A hotspot with Ethernet ports is preferred since I have devices that require it.
    I probably need about 10MBS and about 250-300 GBS/month
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mike
    Maybe the mobile citizen thing will work. Otherwise, wireless home Internet service does not generally exist for that much data. Exceptions are mostly not where you live or plans that are no longer available.

The data capacity of the cell networks is not sufficient yet for the carriers to open it up to widespread, high-volume, wireless Internet. They need to reserve most of the capacity for phone service. More is coming in the next few years.

T-Mobile has a free hotspot test drive. The hotspot is free and doesn't need to be returned. It comes with service for 30 days or 30 GB, whichever comes first. The hotspot device does not have Ethernet.

https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/free-trial

Discussion:
    https://howardforums.com/showthread....ve-Its-Network

T-Mobile has started offering wireless home Internet in some locations. $50 a month for "unlimited" data. The data can be slowed way down if the cell you are connected to gets congested with high use.

https://www.t-mobile.com/isp?cmpid=T...4LU2U1UNB49578

There are some hotspot devices with Ethernet. I don't know much about them. A good place to ask would be in: https://howardforums.com/forumdispla...378-Data-Cards

You can get around the hotspot not having Ethernet by setting up a cheap Wifi router as a repeater bridge.

Good luck

Feedback Score
    AT&T prepaid unlimited tablet data pass. $35 per month with autopsy.

Buy an AT&T prepaid sim ($5 from Amazon), find an IMEI number for an AT&T tablet, activate plan online with sim and IMEI number.

Purchase a hotspot. AT&T nighthawk is good, I use a ZTE MF288 I got from eBay for about $70. You do not need the external antennas as the built-in internal antennas are pretty good.

Place sim in hotspot and enjoy unlimited LTE data.

Feedback Score
    Not so quick on that ATT plan. ATT has been shut down some of their truly unlimited data plans. The connected car plans for a roof top RV device is no more. The Airstream plan is also gone. I bet the tablet plan and the Mobly will be next.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
    Not so quick on that ATT plan. ATT has been shut down some of their truly unlimited data plans. The connected car plans for a roof top RV device is no more. The Airstream plan is also gone. I bet the tablet plan and the Mobly will be next.
    But AT&T usually grandfather's in their old plan.

I still have two mobley plans and set up a couple people with the tablet plans where wired internet wasn't available.