Thread: How long till line awaiting activation cancels?

Feedback Score

How long till line awaiting activation cancels?

So I bought a new phone and ported in a number. I do not want to activate the line, so the $55 credit will then just apply to the other existing lines. How long until that line "awaiting activation" falls away? Or do I need to call them or chat to tell them I don't want to activate? I assumed if I did that, it would put more attention on the issue.

Also it seems like I cannot make any plan changes to my other 4 lines right now (was going to switch from the 5GB to the Cricket Core). Is that because the line hanging in limbo is freezing the others from making changes?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    So I bought a new phone and ported in a number. I do not want to activate the line, so the $55 credit will then just apply to the other existing lines. How long until that line "awaiting activation" falls away? Or do I need to call them or chat to tell them I don't want to activate? I assumed if I did that, it would put more attention on the issue.

Also it seems like I cannot make any plan changes to my other 4 lines right now (was going to switch from the 5GB to the Cricket Core). Is that because the line hanging in limbo is freezing the others from making changes?
    It used to be 30 days, I believe.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 +
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I've always done the port-in trick to get the deal on new phones with Cricket with great success.

During the last Cricket iPhone sale I noticed banter on Slickdeals that Cricket closed the port-in loophole somehow. Not sure if this is true or not?

Here's the Slickdeals link

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stiladam View Post
    I've always done the port-in trick to get the deal on new phones with Cricket with great success.

During the last Cricket iPhone sale I noticed banter on Slickdeals that Cricket closed the port-in loophole somehow. Not sure if this is true or not?

Here's the Slickdeals link
    They did add the $55 to my account credit already, and when I go into the cricket website it shows the 5th line as awaiting activation. I guess I will just wait it out and see if it rolls off as unactivated. I would think going to chat with an agent would be counterproductive, as you would basically just be asking them to delete that line and in doing so you would admit that you had no plan to keep the newly ported line. Maybe in 30 days if it is still stuck there and is holding up all the other lines from plan changes, you could say that your plans changed and you no longer want that 5th line