Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas my T-Mobile Friends

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Did anyone else get the present of "Digital Detox" from T-Mo? We can't send MMS messages this afternoon!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Likely the outage is only temporary due to the Christmas holiday. A tremendous amount of MMS will be sent/received over the next few days and the system is probably getting overloaded. No surprise there and not likely to happen frequently under normal circumstances.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Did anyone else get the present of "Digital Detox" from T-Mo? We can't send MMS messages this afternoon!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Yea, it's been an issue all day. https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com...m_source=share

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Huh? What’s MMS?? JK. Is iPhone users take that for granted. Merry Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    iPhones 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post

MMS is multimedia service. It is text messaging except it allows you to send videos and pictures. iPhone users would use it if they sent messages to non-iPhone users.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    As if any of the the T-Mobile haters even have T- Mobile service to complain about. AT&T is unusable where I live with their overrated and overpriced priced spotty service.

Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Your request has been: Approved
    Cool

Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    As if any of the the T-Mobile haters even have T- Mobile service to complain about. AT&T is unusable where I live with their overrated and overpriced priced spotty service.
    I left them 5 years ago and haven't looked back. Randall has lost his mind on TV and Media .

I run Dual Sim setup on my Xs Max with T-Mobile and Xfinity and I'm NEVER anywhere that neither has coverage.

So glad I'm not a sheep... T-Mobile has treated me like royalty.

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post
    I left them 5 years ago and haven't looked back. Randall has lost his mind on TV and Media .

I run Dual Sim setup on my Xs Max with T-Mobile and Xfinity and I'm NEVER anywhere that neither has coverage.

So glad I'm not a sheep... T-Mobile has treated me like royalty.

Come on over to BFE Alabama 🤣. Most of these super sketchy rural areas I drive have little to no signal with T-Mobile. It’s either Verizon or AT&T. Southern LINC is of course better than either.

Unfortunately AT&T is garbage around Birmingham compared to T-Mobile. They really only shine in the rural areas.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Great, go with what works for you, that varies from area to area, no one "hates" a company, they're not people Don't take these companies so seriously, they're not worth it.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post

RCS will rule the roost soon enough. Android is the majority now, so Apple really needs to get on the RCS train, soon, they seem to be looking into it at least, so that's encouraging.
    Last edited by ilvla2; 12-28-2019 at 06:13 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    RCS will rule the roost soon enough. Android is the majority now, so Apple really needs to get on the RCS train, soon, they seem to be looking into it at least, so that's encouraging.
    Not sure. Until Android becomes "cool" with the younger crowd apple has an advantage and no real reason to do so. Most teens and early 20's people want and use iPhones, the people they talk to, want and use iPhones. iMessage games are popular with them, iMessage group chats are popular with them, can rcs do all of that? Sure, is it popular with the younger generation? No. That blue iMessage bubble is a status symbol for an age demographic, Android just doesn't have that. People can say that's stupid, can say whatever they want about it, but, it's true.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    iMessage games are popular with them, iMessage group chats are popular with them,
    I think Apple knows that message incompatibility improves their market share and sells iPhones. There's not much incentive for them to make their messenger compatible with RCS when people are currently leaving Android for iPhone for the exact reason you describe---to better communicate to those that they message.

And it's not just an age issue either. Employees from the same company are often called out when they can't share information among those in their department in an efficient manner because they don't have the blue iMessage bubble. That's smart of Apple to sort of mark the Android users so that all iPhone users knows exactly who they are.

Apple might eventually make it compatible with RCS. But they will likely still give iMessage features that RCS doesn't have to keep their market share.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    I think Apple knows that message incompatibility improves their market share and sells iPhones. There's not much incentive for them to make their messenger compatible with RCS when people are currently leaving Android for iPhone for the exact reason you describe---to better communicate to those that they message.

And it's not just an age issue either. Employees from the same company are often called out when they can't share information among those in their department in an efficient manner because they don't have the blue iMessage bubble. That's smart of Apple to sort of mark the Android users so that all iPhone users knows exactly who they are.

Apple might eventually make it compatible with RCS. But they will likely still give iMessage features that RCS doesn't have to keep their market share.
    I don't disagree with this, and that is true, there are business purposes for iMessage as well. Their end to end encryption is a high selling point for their service to that market.

Feedback Score
    I just now saw this. A merry Christmas. even if rather belated!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast