Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AT&T Business Unlimited thread

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Finally received a call back from my business rep. Switching our 7 lines to business unlimited elite on Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your results may vary. Network performance differs per user location.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TWX View Post
    Higher prioritization on the network (QCI 6) vs QCI 7 (consumer unlimited elite plan) or QCI 8/9 (other data plans)

There is the potential for faster data speeds on the business plans.

Is AT&T Business Unlimited Performance also QCI 6 ? How about the Starter? It would make sense for even these to be higher than any consumer unlimited plan, but main question is whether it is also QCI6 like the Elite.

The Elite clearly also comes with Business Fast Track which the other business plans don't get.

It is also interesting that it states "Doesn’t provide priority access to the network or prioritize eligible data traffic ahead of all other data traffic, as other data traffic may receive a similar or higher level of priority", which is confusing verbiage.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterym View Post
    is there a list/chart/table etc that shows all the different prioritization levels?
    anyone? thx

Feedback Score
    Business stopped allowing hotspots on unlimited plans as well right? I currently have unlimited plus with two Hotspot devices on it. I know in the future I will want access to 5g which I can't get unless I switch plans but likewise I'm not trying to lose my unlimited hotspots because they come in handy when I'm traveling, and in places that have crappy public wifi or no wifi etc. If business somehow allows unlimited hotspots then a business account might be the way I go. I already have an EIN number from my business that I registered a few years ago. I thought about getting a business account back then but if I remember correctly the business unlimited plus plan was more expensive and didn't include the $25 tv credit and free HBO.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tifozi View Post
    Is AT&T Business Unlimited Performance also QCI 6 ? How about the Starter? It would make sense for even these to be higher than any consumer unlimited plan, but main question is whether it is also QCI6 like the Elite.

The Elite clearly also comes with Business Fast Track which the other business plans don't get.

It is also interesting that it states "Doesn’t provide priority access to the network or prioritize eligible data traffic ahead of all other data traffic, as other data traffic may receive a similar or higher level of priority", which is confusing verbiage.
    Not sure on if business performance or started are QCI 6.

Feedback Score

To clarify, I found this in another T&C page which had more details.

Feature does not (a) prioritize CRU’s data traffic ahead of all other data traffic, as other data traffic may receive a similar or higher quality of service, (b) provide priority access to available network resources, or (c) provide any preemption capabilities.

So essentially it is saying that for a given account, the Corporate Responsibility User's line will not receive priority over other lines in the same Business FAN, which makes sense. There was another little nugget I found quite interesting, the 128kbps throttling for hotspot post the 100GB limit per line (Business Elite) or 30 GB per line (Business Performance) is not applicable for connected cars. For congested areas, the business elite will get higher speeds because it has no deprioritization at all and has that always on business fast track & streaming services won't have 3mbps cap either to render 4K videos.

For a $10 difference it is a no brainer to go with the Elite vs Performance, especially for the busy tower areas. Business Performance plan has depriority after 50 GB (but still trumped consumer elite in 4G speedtests in my testing in certain areas), doesn't have business fast track, Hotspot limit is 30 GB compared to 100GB for Elite, videos capped at 3 mbps (1080p no 4K) and stream saver has to be manually turned off for certain devices, otherwise it is a default of 1.5mbps

The Business Starter plan is not good in my opinion. Very little savings if any, compared to having the consumer unlimited plans as it faces an always on deprioritization during busy/peak time unlike the consumer plans which see it after 22GB. However all of this seems geek squad stuff and may not be worth all the hassle and the stores are not very friendly about all this for sole proprietors and small businesses anyways.
    Last edited by tifozi; 01-06-2020 at 05:50 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Finally received a call back from my business rep. Switching our 7 lines to business unlimited elite on Thursday.

So what are you paying per line? I looked at this deal and it seems wicked expensive. I’m in the old unlimited plus plan so after the first line the rest are $20 each and I have 3 legitimate nighthawk hotspot lines. I wonder if they offer unlimited hotspot lines on business?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Alex
    Teamsters Local 399
    "American by birth, teamster by the grace of God"

Feedback Score
    Transferring my 7 lines over to the business unlimited elite plan on Monday, hopefully. Just waiting for my AT&T business rep to call me back to get the ball rolling.

Is this working for you ?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by herberg1 View Post
    Is this working for you ?
    I switched 5 of the 7 lines over to the AT&T Business Unlimited Elite plan. Due to some dumb error at the AT&T national business services center, it wouldn't let them switch my line and the other remaining line over to the business account. I'm working with them today to pull the last 2 lines over.

Feedback Score
    The mobley lines cannot be moved to the mobile share group from what I have seen so far. If you are moving lines from personal to business, then these will show up under Individial/Pooled lines in the business account and I don't see how it can benefit from the no throttle/no depriority of the business plans. Harmon Spark devices on the other hand come under advanced connected car devices ($25 addon per line) and can be in the shared group.
    Last edited by tifozi; 01-11-2020 at 12:46 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The mobley lines cannot be moved to the mobile share group from what I have seen so far. If you are moving lines from personal to business, then these will show up under Individial/Pooled lines in the business account and I don't see how it can benefit from the no throttle/no depriority of the business plans. Harmon Spark devices on the other hand come under advanced connected car devices ($25 addon per line) and can be in the shared group.
    What about regular hotspot lines like what I have? I have 3 lines that have nighthawks on them. They were opened that way back when you could have unlimited hotspots on your account.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by astrand1 View Post
    What about regular hotspot lines like what I have? I have 3 lines that have nighthawks on them. They were opened that way back when you could have unlimited hotspots on your account.

Those cannot be part of the shared group. The hotspot line will come off as incompatible with the new plans but the reps can still add it as Individual lines for the business and will show 22GB verbiage on them. The unlimited iPad line also is in a similar boat but there is a caveat. There is a plan called "For iPad 4G LTE" and this plan can be in the shared group so it will essentially have 100GB/30GB business plan limits and associated priority, but the rep can also add it as an Individual line (outside of the 10 limit for the shared group) and choose a "Unlimited iPad 4G LTE Hotspot" plan but this one shows 22GB limit and subsequent depri. I don't know how the priority works for individual/pooled lines in a business account, I am guessing it will be higher than consumer.

Our org also qualifies for a FirstNet account and there already is a rep. I am wondering whether having a phone/tablet/watch line there is cheaper and better in terms of priority. I know that in the terms and conditions it is mentioned that they have a 22GB over 3 months limit, but apparently is never followed.
    Last edited by tifozi; 01-12-2020 at 10:37 AM.

Feedback Score
    Those cannot be part of the shared group. The hotspot line will come off as incompatible with the new plans but the reps can still add it as Individual lines for the business and will show 22GB verbiage on them. The unlimited iPad line also is in a similar boat but there is a caveat. There is a plan called "For iPad 4G LTE" and this plan can be in the shared group so it will essentially have 100GB/30GB business plan limits and associated priority, but the rep can also add it as an Individual line (outside of the 10 limit for the shared group) and choose a "Unlimited iPad 4G LTE Hotspot" plan but this one shows 22GB limit and subsequent depri. I don't know how the priority works for individual/pooled lines in a business account, I am guessing it will be higher than consumer.

Our org also qualifies for a FirstNet account and there already is a rep. I am wondering whether having a phone/tablet/watch line there is cheaper and better in terms of priority. I know that in the terms and conditions it is mentioned that they have a 22GB over 3 months limit, but apparently is never followed.
    Hi tifozi, what organizations (other than police, fire, emergency) qualify for Firstnet?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus Product Red
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    https://serviceguidenew.att.com/serv...h00001QAnrsEAD Pages 7-10. Supposedly DoD can get FirstNet but I already have AT&T and the price isn’t breaking the bank so I haven’t checked into it.

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...rstNet-Service
    Personal Highest on LTE - US RT 1 and MD-152

Home internet - Verizon Fios 150/150 (Upgraded to Gigabit Jan. 26 2019)

Fios Gigabit:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid87 View Post
    Hi tifozi, what organizations (other than police, fire, emergency) qualify for Firstnet?
    It has been discussed before.

So another discovery during this phase of experimentation with business account. Business Fast Track is the rebranding of DTM like it says on the plan page. Since this is always on, the Elite plans are by default QCI6 and do not need Dynamic Traffic Management.

The Preferred plan on the other hand is eligible for DTM and you can enroll the FAN and it's devices for dynamic traffic management. I have to switch between elite and preferred plans to test things, but my understanding is Preferred in QCI7 by default but *can* get to QCI6 by enrolling in DTM and using the app to escalate priority as needed. I am in the wait period while they enroll our devices (24-48 hours).

I found some good discussion on these 2 reddit threads.If anyone has more info, please chime in.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ATT/comment...ss_fast_track/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ATT/comment..._adtm_feature/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast