Thread: What are the differences between Metro & TM Postpaid? Idk so I'm asking.

Feedback Score

What are the differences between Metro & TM Postpaid? Idk so I'm asking.

What are the differences between Metro & TM Postpaid?
    I'd guess no roaming, no superduper Tuesday TM specials, but what else?

I don't know so I'm asking.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTnT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Red Pocket (AT&T) UTnT 1GB exp 02.12.20
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 04.11.20

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

What are the differences between Metro & TM Postpaid? Idk so I'm asking.

I’ll start: Metro customers are lower priority so when things get crowded they may see, “reduced speeds,” compared to T-Mobile subscribers.

https://www.metrobyt-mobile.com
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Metro gets roaming, they get the same roaming as TMobile, except, in At&t areas it's only supposed to be voice and sms. The main differences are, data roaming on at&t, international roaming ( besides a Mexico and Canada add-on you can buy, metro has no international roaming options), data priority on the network as previously stated, the ability to easily switch devices (metro still ties the sim to a single device, and you have to call or go in to a store to change devices, they have an online switcher, but this doesn't work for non metro branded devices. There is also a $15 fee for switching your device, but a lot of times if you call to switch, they will waive the fee. They will not though waive it in store), device financing, metro has financing available through a 3rd party provider, but it is not the same as tmobile. TMobile offers 0% interest financing, the company metro uses charges very high interest rates. Tmobiles customer service is better, even with prepaid. Metro c.s. is hit or miss, and their stores have a well earned bad reputation. No TMobile Tuesdays, no Netflix (though they do offer Amazon prime and Google one)These are generally the main differences. Metro offers great service for the prices they charge, but to me, the negatives outweigh the positives and the easier choice is TMobile.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    What are the differences between Metro & TM Postpaid?
    I'd guess no roaming, no superduper Tuesday TM specials, but what else?

I don't know so I'm asking.
    Supposedly, Metro gets roaming. Whether or not it's the same at T-Mobile postpaid roaming is unknown. Metro's coverage map doesn't really work, it shows all white for 4G LTE (no coverage) but if you click on specific place that's covered it will tell you whether it's roaming or native, or if there's no coverage then nothing happens. The map is supposed to show purple for LTE coverage but I tried it on both my phone and my computer, on different browsers, and that functionality doesn't work.