Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Comcast merger?

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p6j.../view?ths=true
    The above is a link to Google docs w. the contract.
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    8 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. TM One plan. Get $10/mo. rebate on 7 lines for low data use. Net cost about $185-190/mo. We haven't had a landline in more than 17 years.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    others appear to be able to download it so maybe its just the app thats stopping me.
    Could be. I'm clicking the link with a desktop browser that opens the Adobe reader and loads in the PDF. Maybe the app doesn't have that ability to pass the file over to a PDF reader.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Could be. I'm clicking the link with a desktop browser that opens the Adobe reader and loads in the PDF. Maybe the app doesn't have that ability to pass the file over to a PDF reader.
    Yea that's what Im thinking as well. Curious, your thoughts on a potential Comcast deal? I know it's way too early to say anything for certain, but let's hypothetically say the Sprint TMobile merger is approved either through a settlement or the judge ruled in their favor, and let's say hypothetically TMobile entered talks with Comcast about a possible tie up. For or against? I'm not as down on Comcast as many here are, and can see the benefits of a tie up like this if the Sprint merger is approved, but, others are very strongly against Comcast being anywhere near TMobile.

Feedback Score
    Curious, your thoughts on a potential Comcast deal?
    I don't know what Comcast would really bring to the table that would benefit T-Mobile. A good portion of Comcast's business is selling video content which is a declining business. AT&T is facing that now as they paid top dollar for both DirecTV and Time Warner. I think both of them are and will continue to be a drag on their resources.

Plus with a Sprint merger, T-Mobile will have a chance of using the high band spectrum to offer both video content and home internet to compete with companies like Comcast. They stated in one of the early merger documents that they could be the third largest internet provider in the country within a few years. And they already bought a regional video content company so they had a foot hold in that market as well to launch a nationwide service.

My opinion is they are much wiser to stay away from Comcast now and focus on integration of the Sprint assets if the merger goes through.

Feedback Score
    I don't know what Comcast would really bring to the table that would benefit T-Mobile. A good portion of Comcast's business is selling video content which is a declining business. AT&T is facing that now as they paid top dollar for both DirecTV and Time Warner. I think both of them are and will continue to be a drag on their resources.

Plus with a Sprint merger, T-Mobile will have a chance of using the high band spectrum to offer both video content and home internet to compete with companies like Comcast. They stated in one of the early merger documents that they could be the third largest internet provider in the country within a few years. And they already bought a regional video content company so they had a foot hold in that market as well to launch a nationwide service.

My opinion is they are much wiser to stay away from Comcast now and focus on integration of the Sprint assets if the merger goes through.
    That's fair. Don't really dispute much. If the Sprint TMobile merger goes through, i can see the new TMobile being a very hot commodity to a business like Comcast. A deal makes much more sense from a Comcast pov over a TMobile pov. If D.T. and SoftBank are looking for a large payoff for their investments, Comcast is one who can deliver it.

Feedback Score
    If D.T. and SoftBank are looking for a large payoff for their investments, Comcast is one who can deliver it.
    Right. We know DT would sell at the right price (as evidenced by the deal they tried to make with AT&T). I think they were going to get $25 billion in cash and still get something like 1/7th equity in AT&T which had a value of $14 billion at the time. So they could do something similar again.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    There is no plan merger between T-Mobile/Sprint and Comcast. Back in 2015 T-Mobile and DT hired a firm my the name of McKinsey & Company for recommendation in the future for T-Mobile. McKinsey and Company were wrong on many predictions. Comcast has showed no interest in buying T-Mobile or Sprint ... This is this historic marketing plan. https://youtu.be/8-pV6nqm0lc

Feedback Score
    I don't know what Comcast would really bring to the table that would benefit T-Mobile.
    Nobody but you cares about T-Mobile.

We care about ourselves--the tmo customers who would, without a doubt, suffer if Comcast became involved.

T-Mobile may think it's a great idea that will raise their stock price. We don't care. This isn't a "rah rah T-Mobile!" forum. We are individual consumers who will suffer--without question--should Comcast be involved.

To discuss this in terms of how it will affect T-Mobile the company is irrelevant and off topic. This forum isn't about T-Mobile the company and how to benefit its finances and stockholder value. There are plenty of other forums for that if you're interested.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    This is not the case. Plenty of shareholders, employees and customers care about T-Mobile.

To discuss this in terms of how it will affect T-Mobile the company is irrelevant and off topic. This forum isn't about T-Mobile the company and how to benefit its finances and stockholder value. There are plenty of other forums for that if you're interested
    I'm discussing T-Mobile in the T-Mobile forum. I don't know of any rule which would prohibit the discussion of how a potential merger would affect the company.

T-Mobile may think it's a great idea that will raise their stock price.
    Maybe they would. It remains to be seen what kind of offer Comcast would propose.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score

We care about ourselves--the tmo customers who would, without a doubt, suffer if Comcast became involved.

T-Mobile may think it's a great idea that will raise their stock price. We don't care. This isn't a "rah rah T-Mobile!" forum. We are individual consumers who will suffer--without question--should Comcast be involved.

To discuss this in terms of how it will affect T-Mobile the company is irrelevant and off topic. This forum isn't about T-Mobile the company and how to benefit its finances and stockholder value. There are plenty of other forums for that if you're interested.
    tmobile cares due to profits growth and stuff like that. The customer cares since they want decent service and prices etc

Feedback Score
    Right. We know DT would sell at the right price (as evidenced by the deal they tried to make with AT&T). I think they were going to get $25 billion in cash and still get something like 1/7th equity in AT&T which had a value of $14 billion at the time. So they could do something similar again.
    Could see them doing this, yes. SoftBank though is a wild card, and this is where history plays in. D.T. has always treated TMobile U.S. as an investment, nothing more, nothing less. They have made strategic moves to protect their investment, but have always had a practical sense about it. When the investment was unprofitable, let's try to move it, now the investment is profitable, hang onto it if/until the right offer for us comes along. SoftBank doesn't always play by these rules, and can be argued, is very unpractical with their investments. Son seems to take a lot of them very personally, and makes a lot of choices out of ego, over simple logic. I get SoftBank will only own 27% of the new TMobile, but that's no small chunk, and Comcast would likely not want them to have anything to do with TMobile if they decided to merge, so if they do enter into negotiations, it will be interesting to see how they work it out. Son put his ego aside to get the Sprint deal done, would he do it twice to get a Comcast deal done as well? Be interesting to see if it happens.

Feedback Score
    This is not the case. Plenty of shareholders, employees and customers care about T-Mobile.
    Shareholders care. Employees? Right to the point where they realize they're just another pencil to the corporation, to be discarded when no longer needed. Customers? Customers care about themselves--period. Nobody's married to T-Mobile and its success or failure, except maybe you.

This forum is about end users, and nobody cares whether or not this is good for T-Mobile. What the forum members care about is, is it good or bad for them. And plenty of them know Comcast, and are will to flee at a moment's notice so as not to be under that again.

"Regulatory Cost Recovery Fee". Just you watch.

I'm discussing T-Mobile in the T-Mobile forum. I don't know of any rule which would prohibit the discussion of how a potential merger would affect the company.
    Who, besides you, said anything about a "rule"? I simply pointed out that this forum is for end users, and whether or not T-Mobile "likes" marrying Comcast is irrelevant to the members here. How about discussing something that's relevant to the members and their lives directly?

Feedback Score
    That would suck

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    tmobile cares due to profits growth and stuff like that. The customer cares since they want decent service and prices etc
    Ah, but the whole point is that what T-Mobile wants--short term shareholder value, by marrying Comcast--is at odds with what the customer wants, as is very likely given what everyone knows about Comcast and how they do business and how they see the people paying their bills.

That's what we're discussing.

So yes, the customer cares--but not about T-Mobile. T-Mobile cares about T-Mobile. If T-Mobile can get richer by screwing the paying customers, they will do so--witness Re-Carrier over the last two or so years. And if anyone's going to help them do it, it's Comcast.

A marriage with Comcast would be the worst thing that could happen to the customers. We don't care about T-Mobile, we care about ourselves.

Buyer beware.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    ......A marriage with Comcast would be the worst thing that could happen to the customers. We don't care about T-Mobile, we care about ourselves.....
    Assume for a moment that we do care about shareholders. Historically, the majority of mergers and acquisitions result in a net decrease in shareholder wealth. In other words, in most cases, the net value of all the pre-merger shares is less than the net value of all post-merger shares, two years after the merger. This is due to the costs involved in managing the merger (the investment bankers take a huge commission), costs in actually merging the management systems and cultures, and losses of efficiency sometimes because the resulting company is too large. In some regards, the only real winners in most mergers are the investment bankers who always get their fees, no matter what.
    Donald Newcomb

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast