Thread: Just venting on the 30-day "month"

Carrier(s)
    H2O
    Feedback Score

Just venting on the 30-day "month"

Look, I get it. Charging every 30 days brings in an extra couple bucks a year per customer. And it's certainly not exclusive to H2O - lots of MVNOs seem to do it.

But my credit card is due on the 6th. Every month. My mortgage is due on the 1st. Every month. Et cetera.

But the 30-day "month" on H2O makes the due date move around. Makes it a pain to do monthly budgeting.

/end vent

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    I agree, if the person activates on the 1st, the "month" should be from the 1st to the 1st no matter how many days in the month. Counting a month as 30 days causes billing issues.

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eggsalad View Post
    Look, I get it. Charging every 30 days brings in an extra couple bucks a year per customer. And it's certainly not exclusive to H2O - lots of MVNOs seem to do it.

But my credit card is due on the 6th. Every month. My mortgage is due on the 1st. Every month. Et cetera.

But the 30-day "month" on H2O makes the due date move around. Makes it a pain to do monthly budgeting.

/end vent

Just do autopay with a credit card that is paid the same day each month? Problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMPhonePhreak View Post
    Just do autopay with a credit card that is paid the same day each month? Problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Of course, depending on timing, that credit card could end up with 2 charges for that month, which still makes it higher.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Of course, depending on timing, that credit card could end up with 2 charges for that month, which still makes it higher.
    I mean if sometimes a second $30-50 prepaid card charge is causing your CC utilization to be "too much" then you either need to adjust spending habits with said card, keep it paid down to ~20% or less for a while and work on getting some CL increases.

I use exclusively a cashback card for all the bills, and pay it in full every month.. but even if i let them sit a month on there, it's not even 20% of my available credit. It took a little time to get my CL's to that point, but use them responsibly for a few years and you'd be amazed at how high you can get them (even AFTER i totally trashed my credit score in college by never paying anything on time!)
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    Visible: $25 “toy” SIM card to throw in whatever’s secondary.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    I have more reserves than many people living from paycheck to paycheck, but I have known many people who are that way. At one time I was that way too, having to make a decision on how much and when to make a credit card payment to avoid bouncing a check.

Even for someone paying it off the credit card monthly, say right after a bi-monthly paycheck, sometimes that $30 may matter. And if they were to carry a balance, all of a sudden interest charges and it is worse.

But in the realm of things to worry about, a prepaid account that has an occasional higher "month" is still likely to be more affordable than a postpaid account.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    I have more reserves than many people living from paycheck to paycheck, but I have known many people who are that way. At one time I was that way too, having to make a decision on how much and when to make a credit card payment to avoid bouncing a check.

Even for someone paying it off the credit card monthly, say right after a bi-monthly paycheck, sometimes that $30 may matter. And if they were to carry a balance, all of a sudden interest charges and it is worse.

But in the realm of things to worry about, a prepaid account that has an occasional higher "month" is still likely to be more affordable than a postpaid account.
    That's my point.

I lived paycheck to paycheck for quite some time (until i finally got tired of it, finished my degree, then got a decent paying job.. then got bored with that and got into aviation hah)

I'm not knocking on paycheck to paycheck living, but even when I did that and had my little $500 credit card, I actually took my tax refund one year and paid it off, and vowed to never use it unless the car broke down or my phone/isp bill. Once i did that, i never went over 20% utilization even if I paid 2x in a month (was using Cricket at the time)

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    We just got hit by this major gotcha.... service expired because we set renewals to a certain "day of the month" not realizing their sneaky 30-day "month".

Someone really needs to go after them for calling 30-day plans "monthly" -- easy lawsuit to win.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, they should make the "30 day" month more obvious on their web sites. It doesn't help when the "30 day" thing is buried in the terms & conditions. I just checked H2o & Red Pocket & only Red Pocket shows the 30 days before adding to the cart.

Feedback Score
    They should make it any day from the 2nd-28th.
    Or 1 day for all just prorate + 1 month everyone.
    Built in advertising for Visible would have their due date on the 25th of each month. As in $25 for party pay.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.01.20