Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VoLTE Broken again with Samsung and latest Android 10 update for Verizon MVNO's

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score

VoLTE Broken again with Samsung and latest Android 10 update for Verizon MVNO's

This happened back on an update with the S8 and S9 awhile back that broke VoLTE on Verizon mvno's

Guess whats back? The latest Android 10 update on the S10,S10+,Note 10, Note 10+ and assuming all the devices thats going to get the update will also be affected... So dont update if you use a Verizon Mvno like Red Pocket. Not sure if it affects carriers like Total Wireless or not though.
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Feedback Score

Wrong title

The title is wrong. The VoLTE might be broken on your carrier, but not for all MVNO's.
    You don't know that, just made out a wide assumption. Why did you stop there, why you didn't declare that VoLTE is "broken" for everyone under Verizon? Or for everyone period?
    Also you didn't say what you mean by "latest update".

TotalWireless here, VoLTE HD voice still working happily. Sounds to me like Red Pocked is the culprit.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by SoNic67; 12-31-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Device(s)
    Pixel4XL, s10+, Axon 10P, Titan, Atom, MoFi, etc
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, Google Fi, Xfinity Mobile, TMO, RP/vzw/att/tmo, Tello, Tru, eKit
    Feedback Score
    Yes it's a Red Pocket problem. Samsung does not recognize it and leaves it with the XAA profile.

I don't think it was ever fixed, just sort of worked for a few updates, mostly because B13 was added to the XAA profile.

Agreed VoLTE is broke with 10.0 (with Red Pocket).
    --
    CellGuru

Feedback Score
    That's weird that XAA profile doesn't get VoLTE. That I would put that on Samsung... with their weird CSC codes. They copied Apple into this stupidity.
    Moto doesn't do any configuration based on the SIM. Sure, sometimes you need to get a SMS to autoconfigure the APN, sometimes it needs to be done manually... but it doesn't flash a different radio based on the SIM, like Samsung does.

My unlocked S10 has a generic profile for Tracfone and that's what is in use for TotalWireless.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Device(s)
    Pixel4XL, s10+, Axon 10P, Titan, Atom, MoFi, etc
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, Google Fi, Xfinity Mobile, TMO, RP/vzw/att/tmo, Tello, Tru, eKit
    Feedback Score
    On your phone the active CSC is Trac (TFN). Interestingly enough on my Trac SIM (albeit dated) the CSC is VZW.

For Red Pocket, as you can see below, the CSC is still at XAA. My guess is that there is some cost from Red Pocket to Samsung/VZW that they did not pay. Maybe it will get fixed, as was the MMS on Red Pocket AT&T with iPhones.

Name:  Screenshot_20200101-093736_640x480.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  38.9 KB

Feedback Score
    Nowhere does the title say ALL Verizon MVNO's. The title is correct.

Feedback Score
    It is plural (MVNO's). That's more that one... and implies usually "all" or at least most of "them".
    Especially when the texts says "dont update if you use a Verizon Mvno".
    Since the OP didn't test any others, the correct title would be to include only his experience/provider (Red Pocket).

PS: When you say "Americans are stupid", it insults every American (all is implied), doesn't? You don't assume that it means just a specific one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    It is plural (MVNO's). That's more that one... and implies usually "all" or at least most of "them".
    Especially when the texts says "dont update if you use a Verizon Mvno".
    Since the OP didn't test any others, the correct title would be to include only his experience/provider (Red Pocket).

PS: When you say "Americans are stupid", it insults every American (all is implied), doesn't? You don't assume that it means just a specific one.
    The title of the thread states "VoLTE Broken again with Samsung and latest Android 10 update for Verizon MVNO's"

VoLTE is broken again (as it was on Pie), "with Samsung" (does not say every Samsung phone made) "and the Android latest 10 update FOR Verizon phones."

Your line of text was "The title is wrong." Had you said that the title could be interpreted as overly broad or confusing, I think you would have a case in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    Title didn't say "some MVNO's" or "my particular MVNO". Omission of any qualifier means a board range. So it is wrong.
    I have one example that is proving the title wrong (my Verizon MVNO). That's all it needs to prove a hypothesis wrong, in a scientific approach.

Like I exemplified above, if somebody would say "Americans are stupid", that is meant as a broad brush, as in every one. It doesn't mean "only my neighbors" or "except people living in cities". You can't have limitation to that plural, unless you say so.

Even clearer, if I create a post that says "Samsung VoLTE is working again for Verizon MVNO's" it will not be interpreted as in my particular MVNO, it will be interpreted broadly, as in "all".

Feedback Score
    I used to not have the VOLTE toggle icon, but somehow I got it back. I have no idea how.

I am unable to get an APN that works for data, talk, and text. If I want data, I have to use the tracfone.vzwentp apn. If I want text and talk, I have to use VZWINTERNET. This is a huge pain and if I weren't on a family plan I might switch from TW.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jharmon203 View Post
    I used to not have the VOLTE toggle icon, but somehow I got it back. I have no idea how.

I am unable to get an APN that works for data, talk, and text. If I want data, I have to use the tracfone.vzwentp apn. If I want text and talk, I have to use VZWINTERNET. This is a huge pain and if I weren't on a family plan I might switch from TW.
    Odd. You don’t even need an APN for text and talk. APN is only for data/MMs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The correct API is TRACFONE.VZWENTP

I have 4 lines with TW for years now. Used Samsung S7, S9, S10, moto X, G4 Plus, G7, iPhone 6, 6s, 7, 11 Pro Max (bold are current ones).
    Never had any issues.
    My S10 had Android 10 even as beta (enrolled separately), now on stable, and never had issues.
    I would recommend chat with the "Contact Us" on their website to send a re-provisioning signal to your phone.

Alternately you can dial *73 (cancel any call forwarding) and then reboot.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Is the OP on Red Pocket or Total Wireless?

The correct Apn on Red Pocket Verizon is vzwinternet.

For tracfone derivatives, it's definitely tracfone.vzwentp

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    My Moto G7 on Tracfone Verizon APN “ Tracfone Internet “ says: VZWINTERNET

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Does everything work correctly? Talk, sms, internet and most importantly, send and receive mms?

What is Motorola doing that the rest can't get working?
    Quote Originally Posted by trek83 View Post
    My Moto G7 on Tracfone Verizon APN “ Tracfone Internet “ says: VZWINTERNET
    Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast