Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Claim: VZW to abolish all Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plans (GUDP) in 2020

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by baaadandy View Post
    Thank you. She did try this code (I specifically asked her to because that's what was in my notes, as well) and it errored out which, as I said, lends credence to the claim that VZW is preparing to do away with gUDP completely soon. (So no, I didn't miss that.)

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Please don't snipe at each other, please keep this thread on track and the comments more friendly. Please tone down the discussion and let's not play the "blame game". Just saying.......
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    A manager cannot re-add the feature for you. She needs to file a ticket with the IPR team. Otherwise, you need to escalate to an FCC complaint.
    Last edited by veriztd; 01-08-2020 at 11:03 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 007shinobi View Post
    A manager cannot re-add the feature for you. She needs to file a ticket with the IPR team. Otherwise, you need to escalate to an FCC complaint.
    Assuming this was a reply to me: yes, thank you. But in order to file an IPR ticket, she needs to specify which inactive feature she's/I'm requesting, and that is where the specific and correct feature code would be helpful. So she searched and found a couple, but they errored out. So then I asked her to try 73715 (which she hadn't tried yet, but it's what I had in my notes from when the IPR was initially filed in September -- this is now for an appeal, BTW). She said this code also errored out. So I wanted to confirm that 73715 did used to be the correct code, because if it was, but now it errors out, the fact that VZW scrubbed this code from the system (sometime in the last 4 months) lends credence to the claim that VZW is preparing to do away with gUDP/unlimited email & web/73715 completely soon.
    Last edited by veriztd; 01-08-2020 at 11:04 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BitMaestro View Post
    Thank you. She did try this code (I specifically asked her to because that's what was in my notes, as well) and it errored out which, as I said, lends credence to the claim that VZW is preparing to do away with gUDP completely soon. (So no, I didn't miss that.)
    It errored out because normal reps can't add it anymore. You have to file a special request and someone much higher up than phone support has to be the one to re-add it.

Feedback Score
    My dad has a legit business ECPD account with old $23 UDP lines that I also have my phone on. They're 100% legit phone lines, not phone SIMs put into hotspots. Are they getting rid of every Nationwide plan over all account levels, or specifically the 73715 consumer plan?

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score
    That's why I started the thread, because there are employees that linger here and answers would be good.

I've been browsing the subreddits where I first saw it, been in contact with two others that run sites where mobile internet is the forefront, and there has been no info, new or not. Only claims we've been hearing for the last few years: "They're going to cancel gUDP!" It's simply been the original thread I linked with the one reddit user who is supposedly a VZW employee. One or two randos have regurgitated it with no substance to prove their claims.

Say it is true, have to wonder what their plan is for customers with EIPs (like me, three lines with gUDP and promo credits that go to mid 2021) if they plan to terminate their service agreement? Or your Dad with legit gUDP?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by veriztd; 01-08-2020 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Irrelevant/Insulting comment removed

Feedback Score
    Assuming this was a reply to me: yes, thank you. But in order to file an IPR ticket, she needs to specify which inactive feature she's/I'm requesting, and that is where the specific and correct feature code would be helpful. So she searched and found a couple, but they errored out. So then I asked her to try 73715 (which she hadn't tried yet, but it's what I had in my notes from when the IPR was initially filed in September -- this is now for an appeal, BTW). She said this code also errored out. So I wanted to confirm that 73715 did used to be the correct code, because if it was, but now it errors out, the fact that VZW scrubbed this code from the system (sometime in the last 4 months) lends credence to the claim that VZW is preparing to do away with gUDP/unlimited email & web/73715 completely soon.
    My apologies now I see why you wanted to try the code. I believe (someone else can chime in) that grandfathered features generally do error out so I don’t believe it is new development. Keep us updated on whether the IPR team allows you to readd 73715.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    In many areas you could be deprioritized all the time.
    x2

so be careful what you wish for

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterym View Post
    x2

so be careful what you wish for
    I had to go back and see exactly what was responding to. Anyway the UWB 5G plans do have the non deprioritized hotspot with no cap and they can do that because they have the bandwidth. So that's the only choice right now for that. I think after verion gets and deploys CBRS and CBAND and also has DSS going for their current spectrum and a significant potion of their customers have 5G devices then maybe none of the plans will have caps or low hotspot speeds. Or at least be a lot more reasonable

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 007shinobi View Post
    Keep us updated on whether the IPR team allows you to readd 73715.
    Update as requested: finally got 73715/gUDP/Unlimited Email & Web added back to my line. And just when I was making plans to switch to AT&T when the S20 Ultra comes out. In any case, since it was added back and we haven't heard any other supporting anecdotes in the last month, I'm leaning toward this rumor being false. But if I turn out to be wrong, I'll be happy to eat some crow (and switch to AT&T).

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Update as requested: finally got 73715/gUDP/Unlimited Email & Web added back to my line. And just when I was making plans to switch to AT&T when the S20 Ultra comes out. In any case, since it was added back and we haven't heard any other supporting anecdotes in the last month, I'm leaning toward this rumor being false. But if I turn out to be wrong, I'll be happy to eat some crow (and switch to AT&T).
    Congrats on getting your line back. Hopefully the other is just a rumor and no one hears anymore about it.

Feedback Score
    we haven't heard any other supporting anecdotes in the last month, I'm leaning toward this rumor being false. But if I turn out to be wrong, I'll be happy to eat some crow (and switch to AT&T).
    The rumor said sometime in 2020 which has 338 days left.

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Have any of you tried using a gUDP on 5G?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    Have any of you tried using a gUDP on 5G?
    You can't.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast