Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 182

Thread: Claim: VZW to abolish all Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plans (GUDP) in 2020

  1. #136
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    833
    Feedback Score
    0
    So, it’s now the 14th. Any service get disconnected or problems arise?

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    A
    Posts
    333
    Device(s)
    A
    Carrier(s)
    A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    So, it’s now the 14th. Any service get disconnected or problems arise?
    Everything is fine on my end, thankfully. I guess they spared me after I told them I'd remove the sim from my Mifi and put it into a smartphone.

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fingerlakes
    Posts
    50
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    So, it’s now the 14th. Any service get disconnected or problems arise?
    2 lines that had jetpacks on them disappeared from my account. The 2 that I put phones on are still active. I’m going to file an FCC complaint with to see how this plays out.

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,071
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe T View Post
    2 lines that had jetpacks on them disappeared from my account. The 2 that I put phones on are still active. I’m going to file an FCC complaint with to see how this plays out.
    Based on what? You did something not was not allowed

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    19,045
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe T View Post
    I’m going to file an FCC complaint with to see how this plays out.
    I guarantee that if you do, it won't won't get the plan back for you. You were warned in advance and that is all Verizon would have to prove. Filing the complaint would be an exercise in futility. You technically violated the Terms of Service. Whey would the FCC find in your favor ???

    Last week Verizon also agreed to finance an S10e to me on one of my gUDP lines with bill credits for 24 months.
    In regards to this, Verizon could charge you full price for the S10e, due immediately, and possibly cancel all lines of service at their discretion. Good luck, but I doubt you will be successful in your fight with them.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fingerlakes
    Posts
    50
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    I guarantee that if you do, it won't won't get the plan back for you. You were warned in advance and that is all Verizon would have to prove. Filing the complaint would be an exercise in futility. You technically violated the Terms of Service. Whey would the FCC find in your favor ???


    In regards to this, Verizon could charge you full price for the S10e, due immediately, and possibly cancel all lines of service at their discretion. Good luck, but I doubt you will be successful in your fight with them.
    I think it's adorable that you care so much <3!

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,997
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe T View Post
    I think it's adorable that you care so much <3!
    They tend to argue with people so best to ignore them

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,071
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    They tend to argue with people so best to ignore them
    You literally told someone to ignore a mod

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    19,045
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    You literally told someone to ignore a mod
    No worries, I can still see Joe T's posts (which are still subject to moderation if deemed necessary) even if he blocks me or any other moderator. I don't care if he wants to ignore my posts.

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    slc ut
    Posts
    1,352
    Device(s)
    IPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T Mobley
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    They tend to argue with people so best to ignore them
    Who is they, and who was arguing?
    Paul Thurrott:
    Not now mom, somebody's wrong on the Internet

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC/CT
    Posts
    1,074
    Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    You literally told someone to ignore a mod
    so? there is an ignore function on the website. mods arent necessarily always right and some of what they say is opinion versus fact. lets not ruin this thread. lets focus on facts. and some facts are people were breaking TOS / abusing / possibly even doing stuff illegal that could be criminally charged. these people shouldnt be whining. they should be ashamed of themselves for ruining things for others. i.e. the guy reselling/renting lines and using 1+ TB of data.

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    19,045
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterym View Post
    ....lets focus on facts. and some facts are people were breaking TOS / abusing / possibly even doing stuff illegal that could be criminally charged. these people shouldnt be whining. they should be ashamed of themselves for ruining things for others. i.e. the guy reselling/renting lines and using 1+ TB of data.
    Thanks for keeping the thread on track. Well said.

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    113
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    I've never understood the need to hold on to old plans with a kung-fu death grip until the end of time. It seems to me that if you were to assess an hourly rate to all the effort required to keep an old plan, the perceived savings diminish over time.

    I wonder how much of this is really just social engineering by Verizon to establish a certain customer profile.

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,071
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by plowguy View Post
    I've never understood the need to hold on to old plans with a kung-fu death grip until the end of time. It seems to me that if you were to assess an hourly rate to all the effort required to keep an old plan, the perceived savings diminish over time.

    I wonder how much of this is really just social engineering by Verizon to establish a certain customer profile.
    Verizon would prefer for all gUDP users to move to the new plans

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    831
    Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    FWIW I still haven't gotten a nastygram from Verizon despite having my gUDP in an iPad for years now

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-21-2017, 01:25 PM
  2. Wanted to buy Verizon grandfathered unlimited data plan
    By Blondeca in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2014, 04:33 PM
  3. Want to Buy: Verizon Grandfather Unlimited data plan. Ready to pay $300
    By Alexchun88 in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2014, 04:49 PM
  4. Verizon Trying to Deny My Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plan
    By MNetwork in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-28-2011, 02:23 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-22-2008, 11:26 PM

Bookmarks