Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone verizon iPhone 6s Volte

Feedback Score

Tracfone verizon iPhone 6s Volte

I am using Tracfone MVNO and verizon carrier. I have a Volte capable iPhone 6s BYOP I bought new from apple and bought a tracfone Bring your own phone sim kit to activate about 3 years ago. I am now trying to activate VoLte without success. I have spoken with Tracfone Level2 a couple of times and they claim my phone is not VoLTE capable but when I contact Apple they say it is Volte capable as well as the Apple spec sheet verify's it is VoLTE capable. Has anyone else had this problem and solved it. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. edjal

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Your SIM (activated 3 years ago) doesn't have VoLTE provisioned. Phone/SIM using TF/Verizon are now activated with VoLTE provisioned. You can transfer the service out to another phone/SIM then transfer back to the same BYOP SIM that is in the iPhone 6s (it can be reused). I got VoLTE provisioned on my Samsung J3 Sky last year by transferring service out of it then transfer back.

Feedback Score
    I'm assuming you mean buy a new BYOP sim card kit activate it in my iPhone 6s then remove and replace with the older sim and it should work. Am I correct?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by edjal View Post
    I'm assuming you mean buy a new BYOP sim card kit activate it in my iPhone 6s then remove and replace with the older sim and it should work. Am I correct?
    No, I was suggesting that you transfer service to another phone/SIM unrelated to the iPhone 6s, that phone/SIM can be for TF/Verizon or TF/AT&T or TF/T-mo (using one for TF/Verizon makes the transfer immediate because there's no cross-carrier porting involved). Then after that transfer is done, you can transfer service back to the TF/Verizon BYOP SIM currently in the 6s (because by then that SIM had been deactivated).

The problem with activating a new TF/Verizon BYOP SIM card using the iPhone 6s IMEI is that the system will say "no can do" because the IMEI of the 6s is already tied to the currently active BYOP SIM in it. An IMEI can only be paired with one active SIM at a time. Now, a competent rep might be able to deactivate the current BYOP SIM and transfer the service to a new TF/Verizon BYOP SIM using the 6s's IMEI, but you cannot do-it-yourself on the web site.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Sorry for your issue edjal but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one suffering from Tracfone's CS incompetence. I've tried what hpham has suggested with no luck. I have an iPhone SE, so does my wife, but since her phone was activated about one year after mine she has VoLTE on hers, but there are no reps that know how to set mine up for VoLTE.

If you get the problem solved please tell me how (or who) managed to get it working for you.
    Roadtrip

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by roadtrip View Post
    I've tried what hpham has suggested with no luck. I have an iPhone SE, so does my wife, but since her phone was activated about one year after mine she has VoLTE on hers, but there are no reps that know how to set mine up for VoLTE.
    Is your iPhone SE a BYOP or TF-branded? Did you transfer service out of the SE then back to it, or you simply asked a rep to provision the phone/SIM for VoLTE?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    No, I was suggesting that you transfer service to another phone/SIM unrelated to the iPhone 6s, that phone/SIM can be for TF/Verizon or TF/AT&T or TF/T-mo (using one for TF/Verizon makes the transfer immediate because there's no cross-carrier porting involved). Then after that transfer is done, you can transfer service back to the TF/Verizon BYOP SIM currently in the 6s (because by then that SIM had been deactivated).

The problem with activating a new TF/Verizon BYOP SIM card using the iPhone 6s IMEI is that the system will say "no can do" because the IMEI of the 6s is already tied to the currently active BYOP SIM in it. An IMEI can only be paired with one active SIM at a time. Now, a competent rep might be able to deactivate the current BYOP SIM and transfer the service to a new TF/Verizon BYOP SIM using the 6s's IMEI, but you cannot do-it-yourself on the web site.
    I'm not sure how to transfer service please advise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by roadtrip View Post
    Sorry for your issue edjal but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one suffering from Tracfone's CS incompetence. I've tried what hpham has suggested with no luck. I have an iPhone SE, so does my wife, but since her phone was activated about one year after mine she has VoLTE on hers, but there are no reps that know how to set mine up for VoLTE.

If you get the problem solved please tell me how (or who) managed to get it working for you.
    If I ever figure it out I will certainly share with you the results

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Is your iPhone SE a BYOP or TF-branded? Did you transfer service out of the SE then back to it, or you simply asked a rep to provision the phone/SIM for VoLTE?
    It's a BYOP iPhone SE. I've asked reps to activate it on my phone, I've transferred my service to a NEW SIM obtained by two nice members who sent me new unactivated SIMs from the Family Dollar score (I've done that twice) and then transferred service back to the original SIM. I don't have another phone to transfer to except for my old LGL 39C so unfortunately that method isn't an option for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by edjal View Post
    I am using Tracfone MVNO and verizon carrier. I have a Volte capable iPhone 6s BYOP I bought new from apple and bought a tracfone Bring your own phone sim kit to activate about 3 years ago. I am now trying to activate VoLte without success. I have spoken with Tracfone Level2 a couple of times and they claim my phone is not VoLTE capable but when I contact Apple they say it is Volte capable as well as the Apple spec sheet verify's it is VoLTE capable. Has anyone else had this problem and solved it. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. edjal
    do you see these options in your phones settings ?? - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203124

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    @roadtrip: The emphasis in what hpham advised was to transfer service to a new SIM that was also associated with a different phone/device IMEI, which likely has a more beneficial effect in terms of troubleshooting. Then transfer the whole thing back to the original SIM and phone.

Feedback Score
    What am I missing here ?? Simply getting a new BYOP sim and having CS transfer your service to it should be it. Likely does need done via chat. I've been told 101 times by them that I can transfer to a new sim. I'm not having a VoLte issue, so unless this whole new phone/sim activation and service transfer has to do with giving the 6s some kick in the butt to get VoLTE to work I don't get it.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    @roadtrip: The emphasis in what hpham advised was to transfer service to a new SIM that was also associated with a different phone/device IMEI, which likely has a more beneficial effect in terms of troubleshooting. Then transfer the whole thing back to the original SIM and phone.
    Yeah, I got that...the only problem is I don't have another phone to transfer to. I don't think my LGL 39C will be allowed to activate back on Tracfone's service because of it's age (I think it's only 3G and no LTE).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    Just saw your post after I did mine. What troubleshooting would that provide ? Thanks

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    This is the message I get when I try to select Voice and Data on LTE in my iPhone:

Name:  IMG_0267.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  42.1 KB
    I've tried that number with no luck...I think it just goes to the regular CS reps, not to someone who knows what they're doing.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast