Thread: Tracfone LG Rebel 4 4G LTE or Tracfone Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit 4G LTE

Feedback Score

Tracfone LG Rebel 4 4G LTE or Tracfone Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit 4G LTE

I am thinking of getting a new Tracfone. Nothing fancy, just something to make phone calls and check a few things online (email, yahoo maps, etc.) I have narrowed it down to these two phones. Which would you prefer and why?

Feedback Score
    Both phones are 2GB RAM/16GB ROM devices that use Android Oreo OS and have 5" screens. The advantages of the Samsug are that it's OS can be updated to the newer Android Pie and it's processor is octa-core compared to the LG's quad-core processor.

Feedback Score
    I did not know that Samsung tracfones were capable of updating their OS's! In the past, my LG phones would never update their OS even when I checked for updates on the phones.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I had a Rebel 4 which was overall excellent. However, the camera wasn't very good. For reference, the beloved and budget U2 had a much better camera.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SemiNewbie View Post
    I did not know that Samsung tracfones were capable of updating their OS's! In the past, my LG phones would never update their OS even when I checked for updates on the phones.
    I found a link on the LG web site that downloaded some app to my computer and then through a process downlaods the updates to you computer then to your phone via usb. This was about a year ago and was just going from OS 5 to 6. Which for the phone I had at the time was the last available OS update.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The updates is starting to be a thing for a number of models. It started with the Galaxy S7 at least that I can verify for the S series. The Moto G7 Optimo Maxx, Galaxy J7 Sky Pro S727VL, and Galaxy J7 Crown S767VL had a few updates that I know about so far. Lots of them are just security updates. The only ones that got OS updates that I know about with my models are the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy J7 Crown S767VL.

Feedback Score
    I did not know that Samsung tracfones were capable of updating their OS's!
    It's a new thing, only happening in the last year or so, and only with the Samsung devices. The Samsung J7 Crown also gets the Android Pie update.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone else have an opinion about which you would prefer - the Tracfone LG Rebel 4 4G LTE or Tracfone Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit 4G LTE?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone else have an opinion about which you would prefer - the Tracfone LG Rebel 4 4G LTE or Tracfone Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit 4G LTE?
    I prefer LG phones, because they have the double-tap to wake up the screen, and I don't like Samsung's placement of the "Go Back" button on the right corner instead of the left corner. On the other hand, Samsung phones tend to have better camera and more "vivid" screen.

Feedback Score
    I was making the same choice last summer. At the time, the LG had Android 8 while I think the Samsung had Android 7. I didn't know about Samsung OS upgrades being available, so the LG sounded better. I also found a review saying that the Samsung felt sluggish even though it has the octa-core processor, and another review that made me think the LG's display might look a little better. So I went with the LG. It was also 10 or 20 dollars cheaper at the time.

No regrets with the LG. It's responsive and I like the double-tap to wake up. The camera is also surprisingly good. I'm fussy about image sharpness and actually don't mind using the Rebel 4 for snapshots (in good light and no digital zoom) as compared with my excellent Panasonic DMC-ZS50 digital camera.

So I can't tell you if the Samsung is a better choice, but I am happy with the choice of the LG.

Feedback Score
    I have an Orbit. I got it as a refurbish from the TF website. I'm petty happy with it. The screen is nice. I use the phone a lot for wifi and browsing social media. I like the small size, not as many phones are the 5 inch size these days, it seems. The camera seems to be pretty good. I use it mostly for taking pictures out on hikes, etc. I like the feature that you can press the Home button twice to open the camera. I use it a lot.

I have my active SIM card in the Orbit. I do have other phones but I prefer the Orbit for daily use at this time. I have a Samsung J7 Crown that I got at the same time as the Orbit. I haven't been drawn to using the J7 much lately so it's turned off and put away. I have an LG Stylo 3, it's a nice phone but too big to carry around right now. Someone just gave me a Samsung Galaxy S6, on older phone and quite nice. I've been using it on wifi but have not put my SIM card in it yet.