Thread: 'Suspend without Billing' policy for modern UDP plans

Feedback Score

'Suspend without Billing' policy for modern UDP plans

I currently have a gUDP that can't be 'Suspended without Billing'. I think I used to be able to 'Suspend without Billing' for 90 days at a time for a total of of 6 months per year. Verizon definitely removed this ability for gUDP users.

I'm curious if somebody with a modern plan knows or are willing to look on their web login and see what the maximum available suspend time is.

If I switch to a new Verizon plan, I'll suspend it much of the time if possible. I just want priority data on the VZW network with all LTEiRA partners and all other roaming coverage. I just don't need this all the time.

I really don't want to pay full price year round for something I use half the year nor would I want to pay activation fees multiple times per year for new service.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have 6mo with auto re-enable. But I’ve had some lines suspended over a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Mega, OP6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

'Suspend without Billing' policy for modern UDP plans

Quote Originally Posted by HFNube View Post
    I currently have a gUDP that can't be 'Suspended without Billing'. I think I used to be able to 'Suspend without Billing' for 90 days at a time for a total of of 6 months per year. Verizon definitely removed this ability for gUDP users.

I'm curious if somebody with a modern plan knows or are willing to look on their web login and see what the maximum available suspend time is.

If I switch to a new Verizon plan, I'll suspend it much of the time if possible. I just want priority data on the VZW network with all LTEiRA partners and all other roaming coverage. I just don't need this all the time.

I really don't want to pay full price year round for something I use half the year nor would I want to pay activation fees multiple times per year for new service.

This is your only option. There is no suspend without billing option for any plans, unless you do a military suspension.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...-service-faqs/

Will I continue to be billed while my service is suspended for the "Other" reason?
    You have 2 billing options when you suspend service and choose the "Other" reason:

When you select "Other" as your reason, you have 2 options for how you'll be billed while your device is suspended.

With billing - You'll be billed for all services and features during the suspension period. However, your contract and upgrade eligibility dates won't be impacted.
    Reduced rate billing - You can suspend at a reduced rate of $10/mo for up to 90 days during a rolling 12 month period. Monthly device payments will continue under your device payment agreement. If you choose this option, your contract and upgrade eligibility dates will be extended for however long your line is suspended.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mestapho_2000 View Post
    I have 6mo with auto re-enable. But I’ve had some lines suspended over a year.

Interesting, this seems to conflict with other's experience. Which plan are you able to suspend?