Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Just got email about being forced to Boost

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mkendallpk View Post
    Assurance Wireless is a MNVO and not part of TMobile.

What they gave me was a Wiko Life 2. Not a great phone, but it works OK. It runs on Android 9, if I remember correctly and it got a security update back in June.
    Thanks. I suspected that the Wiko was the one, although I saw two, a Wiko Ride, and Ride 2, not Wiko Life.

The Wiko Ride 2 is 16/2gb memory, better than the earlier Ride. 5.5" screen, 960x480 screen resolution, 2500mAh removable battery, Android OS 9.0.

Removable battery is good. If one phone dies and you get the same model as replacement, atleast can save the dead phone's battery as a spare. Providing that isn't what went bad. I figure the AW issue free phones are refurbished, although some refurbs are ok. The battery life would be my first concern.

I'll look up the Life 2 to see if it's different.

I looked at the Boost site to see if the phones were there and the ones I saw at the lower end sounded like AW phones. Not very good reviews on some, but the freakish thing is that one was spec'd as having 32gb and it was as cheap as a 16gb model around $35. There also was a 20% off back to school code and not sure if that's extra or included in the listed price. Because they were running on Sprint I was wondering if the Boost phones could be used on AW.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Here are the Assurance store offerings on their phones. They want $79 for a Coolpad flip phone. That's much for a flip.

https://shop.assurancewireless.com/phones.html

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Here are the Boost store phones. I don't know if they can be used on AW.

https://www.boostmobile.com/phones.h...UaApWQEALw_wcB

The Wiko Ride 2 is listed as 34.99 but says it has 32gb/2gb memory at that price.

The Coolpad Snap flip is 29.99 at the Boost site, compared to 79.99 at the Assurance store.

Paying 89.99 for the Moto e6 at the AW store is too much if Boost phones can be used on AW, the e6 is 49.99 from Boost. And the e6 unlocked for other carriers is 99.99 at Best Buy.

But, have to find out if the Boost phones are good on Assurance. It'd be a relief for people who have a raunchy old AW 8gb phone and need a replacement.

Might be possible the Boost store prices are only for Boost customers, but the school2020 discount code is 20% off.

The instructions say buy phone, then when it arrives pick a plan and activate online.

I think before buying FOR SURE an AW subscriber must ask AW customer service if they can use a Boost phone on the service, AND ask Boost the same question. I wouldn't recommend buying first and asking later.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bcm00re View Post
    I found the following when I logged into my new Boost account:
    "This date represents when the funds on your account will expire. Funds are valid for 90 days after being added to your account. In order to ensure your funds do not expire, be sure to add funds (min $1) to your account every 90 days. "
    When my Boost account was first setup it showed my funds expiring in May -- this is despite the fact that my VM account was paid up until November. Since it only cost $1 to extend the fund for 90 days, I did that back in May so it showed me I was paid up until August. I logged into my Boost account tonight to add another $1, and now it shows my expiration date is November. So it appears they finally realized my VM account was paid up until them and extended my Boost funds. I just thought I'd share my experience...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5