Thread: How much longer

Feedback Score

How much longer

How much longer do I have to replace my wife's old LG Vista before it stops working. I don't think she ever got a text telling her about the new VoLTE coming. I got one on my LG G4 and replaced it with a G6.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestringer View Post
    How much longer do I have to replace my wife's old LG Vista before it stops working. I don't think she ever got a text telling her about the new VoLTE coming. I got one on my LG G4 and replaced it with a G6.
    The best guess based on the current Vzw-provided timeline is that it will stop working 12/31/20.

But people are also advising to replace non-VoLTE phones sooner if practical because it's possible that Vzw will possibly start reducing CDMA capabilities on towers and/or not repairing them if they break.

Feedback Score
    I got one on my LG G4 and replaced it with a G6.
    Don't think I had heard of BYOP phones ever getting notices for replacement.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    I thought the LG G4 was VoLTE-capable. You could probably activate a new SIM for it, and be sure to give the rep the IMEI of the LG G4.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    She just got a text today. Said she needed to get a replacement phone ASAP, but didn't give a timeline.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    I thought the LG G4 was VoLTE-capable. You could probably activate a new SIM for it, and be sure to give the rep the IMEI of the LG G4.

It was, but I never could get it to activate. I've already got rid of it and got a G6, much better phone anyway.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post

I misspoke, I didn't get the text on my phone, it was already VoLTE capable I just could never get it to activate. But she did get the text on her BYOP LG Vista today. Said she needed to replace it ASAP, but gave no timeline.

Feedback Score
    She just got a text today. Said she needed to get a replacement phone ASAP, but didn't give a timeline.
    Tracfone has been very negligent on giving dates of a service shutdown. Better information has been released by Page Plus. There is no urgency, they just want to sell more phones now.