1 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Just Switched from AT&T to Verizon -- 5 Lines -- Observations

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RF9 View Post
    The main reson I left AT&T was this phenomenon where I’d have 3 bars of service but the data just wouldn’t work. It was such a common occurrence that I’d turn airplane mode on and off habitually to try to fix it (and it rarely would.) After switching to Verizon that very rarely ever happens to me. Admittedly it was a few years ago but I have been way happier with Veruzon
    I had a similar experience in relation to having 3-4 bars of service but it just sits there and spins. Another item I recently found when I ported to AT&T...

In the past, if you were on a phone call on LTE and the signal dropped, say you were exiting a building, the call would drop down to 4G (HSPA) and not lose the call.

Recently, I noticed this no longer happens. I was exiting a building on a call--while on "5GE" I know this is just 4x4 MIMO/etc but just wanted to point that out-- either the lack of 4G HSPA being re-farmed for LTE or something-- but the call dropped.

In the past, it was able to drop down to HSPA and the call would continue.

--

Another item I see with AT&T vs. Verizon-- on AT&T (again on 5Ge) but occurred in the past- I was with AT&T for 9-10+ years.. If you are speaking to someone using bluetooth in your car and you drive into an area that has 1 signal bar, I will not hear the person for 3-6+ seconds or so and the person cannot hear me. The call remains connected but there is a "gap" then I have to ask the person to repeat what he/she was saying.

I have yet to have this issue with Verizon.

--

AT&T Pros: The speed during speed tests is 250mbps+ and is faster than Verizon.

You really need to pick the carrier that is right for you-- in my case, I value call quality and continuity+consistency as being important.

Sprint voice quality is not quite there.
    T-Mobile voice quality is horrid as HD Voice is not cross-carrier compatible (reliably) with AT&T or Verizon.
    AT&T is FAST- faster than Verizon but not as consistent as Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by harlenm77 View Post
    Well, not in Fort Lauderdale and it’s suburbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They have a ton of spectrum deployed there . I didn’t run into any issues . Verizon’s density is better but I found a bit more congestion , they have nearly half the spectrum AT&T has in that market. In south beach Verizon’s network is killer . There are nodes on every block and saw LAA pop up a few times.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    They have a ton of spectrum deployed there . I didn’t run into any issues . Verizon’s density is better but I found a bit more congestion , they have nearly half the spectrum AT&T has in that market. In south beach Verizon’s network is killer . There are nodes on every block and saw LAA pop up a few times.
    17 minutes to send an imessage isn’t acceptable, lol. And that’s with full signal of 5Ge

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    At Fort Lauderdale airport. My att phone wouldn’t connect to the internet here

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Was at Ft. Lauderdale airport last March & don't remember having any problems. My phone was showing band 3, but likely on band 5. Stayed in Boca Raton area & no problems there either. We to the Sawgrass Recreation Park north of Weston & no issues to speak of.

Feedback Score
    At Fort Lauderdale airport. My att phone wouldn’t connect to the internet here

Educate me here. How did you get those kinds of speedtest results without connecting to the internet? Aren't speedtests run on the internet?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    Educate me here. How did you get those kinds of speedtest results without connecting to the internet? Aren't speedtests run on the internet?
    This is the Verizon results. Before switching I was unable to use my phone with att

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    That was on his Verizon line.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    At Fort Lauderdale airport. My att phone wouldn’t connect to the internet here[/IMG]

I call BS on FLL, as i'm there all the time and never have any issues with AT&T.

I literally just pulled 130Mbps in the airport two days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RF9 View Post
    The main reson I left AT&T was this phenomenon where I’d have 3 bars of service but the data just wouldn’t work. It was such a common occurrence that I’d turn airplane mode on and off habitually to try to fix it (and it rarely would.) After switching to Verizon that very rarely ever happens to me. Admittedly it was a few years ago but I have been way happier with Veruzon
    That's why I said in my post a few years, since AT&T got that FirstNet contract the network is by far more superior than Verizon in most places i've tested it.

Verizon i regularly run into areas that the LTE just stalls, slow downloads, and you cannot even run a speedtest. AT&T I can count on my hand the areas i've found those in the last year or so.. Verizon it happens several times a week when traveling around.
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"

Feedback Score

Just Switched from AT&T to Verizon -- 5 Lines -- Observations

Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    I call BS on FLL, as i'm there all the time and never have any issues with AT&T.

I literally just pulled 130Mbps in the airport two days ago.
    I’m here 8.5 hours a day, it doesn’t work, at least in terminal 1

Plus, the surrounding areas of Davie and Plantation are a struggle

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    I’m here 8.5 hours a day, it doesn’t work, at least in terminal 1

Plus, the surrounding areas of Davie and Plantation are a struggle

I'll be there again in a week, it works just fine for me.. everytime.

I've also got family down there and never have any issues around the city. AT&T has both A/B 850MHz bands there, there's no reason for them to *not* be good

Unless, you're talking in the "under" parts of the airport where the rampers/wheelchair pushers hang out. then that can be a different story as Verizon usually carries the local government contract and puts DAS in the lower levels as well. Those coverage areas are usually because of the port authority wanting paid $$$ to be put on the lower levels of DAS, i've seen it in several airports where one "works better" because they secured the DAS agreement.

Feedback Score
    I'll be there again in a week, it works just fine for me.. everytime.
    I work at the airport and live in Plantation. It wouldn’t work in certain areas, especially University Dr. My break room at terminal 1 was a dead zone. My training lab in terminal 2 was a dead zone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    I work at the airport and live in Plantation. It wouldn’t work in certain areas, especially University Dr. My break room at terminal 1 was a dead zone. My training lab in terminal 2 was a dead zone.

So, as I said.. "Under" parts of the airport. That's because of FLL port authority, not AT&T

Look up how those lovely agreements work.

Feedback Score
    So, as I said.. "Under" parts of the airport. That's because of FLL port authority, not AT&T

Look up how those lovely agreements work.
    Like I said above, I can use my Verizon phone in my break room, and could never use my att phone. So far it’s better for me

Feedback Score
    Like I said above, I can use my Verizon phone in my break room, and could never use my att phone. So far it’s better for me

Haha talk about location dependent!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast