• Switching Back?

0 0%
  • Staying Put?

1 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Just Switched from AT&T to Verizon -- 5 Lines -- Observations

Feedback Score
    I live in los Angeles ca and live in east LA . And go up and down all over LA . My mom has At&t I have Verizon. I'm just gonna say one thing if u want reliable signal inside buildings, hospitals , underground parking lots , elevators , underground subway train station, high rise buildings even at the top floors then get Verizon. At&t signal gets very weak and disappears in all those places and you go to no service while Verizon maintains at least 2 bars of working signal to call and data . The only advantage At&t has it that it does have the faster data speed. Not gonna lie sometimes Verizon gets a little slow . But like I said signal wise Verizon is more reliable. At&t really need to work on improving indoor signal . My mom always as to borrow my Verizon phone in all them places to make calls or update her social media cuz At&t gets no service at all.
    Last edited by i0wnj00; 01-25-2020 at 10:25 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by omarc443 View Post
    I live in los Angeles ca and live in east LA . And go up and down all over LA . My mom has At&t I have Verizon. I'm just gonna say one thing if u want reliable signal inside buildings, hospitals , underground parking lots , elevators , underground subway train station, high rise buildings even at the top floors then get Verizon. At&t signal gets very weak and disappears in all those places and you go to no service while Verizon maintains at least 2 bars of working signal to call and data . The only advantage At&t has it that it does have the faster data speed. Not gonna lie sometimes Verizon gets a little slow . But like I said signal wise Verizon is more reliable. At&t really need to work on improving indoor signal . My mom always as to borrow my Verizon phone in all them places to make calls or update her social media cuz At&t gets no service at all .

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Well feel lucky Verizon has invested that much engineering into your area.. trust me it's not the same everywhere
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    I live in los Angeles ca and live in east LA . And go up and down all over LA . My mom has At&t I have Verizon. I'm just gonna say one thing if u want reliable signal inside buildings, hospitals , underground parking lots , elevators , underground subway train station, high rise buildings even at the top floors then get Verizon. At&t signal gets very weak and disappears in all those places and you go to no service while Verizon maintains at least 2 bars of working signal to call and data . The only advantage At&t has it that it does have the faster data speed. Not gonna lie sometimes Verizon gets a little slow . But like I said signal wise Verizon is more reliable. At&t really need to work on improving indoor signal . My mom always as to borrow my Verizon phone in all them places to make calls or update her social media cuz At&t gets no service at all.

I agree with Omarc, with his statement. I have noticed that Verizon Wireless is better than AT&T, signal coverage wise. But I think this is because of the investments that Verizon made into their network. I feel that AT&T has mainly invested in upgrading the former AT&T Wireless network they inherited back in 2005 and hasn't really done much to fill in the gaps.

I know that Verizon Wireless works inside my office and the parking garage and my underground parking spot, that's why I switched to them for my work line.

The only problem with Verizon Wireless is they are getting completely killed in southern San Diego because of the ALTÁN Redes B28 LTE network spilling over from Tijuana, my Samsung S8 is dropping to 3G and my iPhone 7 is crazy slow on LTE. Avoid San Ysidro if you can...

I'm going batty over this annoying quirk..

AT&T USA has an annoying problem with its network "sticking" onto your phone if you cross in Tijuana and stay relatively near the border. Everything actually works if you are inside the airport so you end up using AT&T MX.

Sorry Omarc I didn't mean to edit your post, I really gotta watch what options I use.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    I agree with Omarc, with his statement. I have noticed that Verizon Wireless is better than AT&T, signal coverage wise. But I think this is because of the investments that Verizon made into their network. I feel that AT&T has mainly invested in upgrading the former AT&T Wireless network they inherited back in 2005 and hasn't really done much to fill in the gaps.

I know that Verizon Wireless works inside my office and the parking garage and my underground parking spot, that's why I switched to them for my work line.

The only problem with Verizon Wireless is they are getting completely killed in southern San Diego because of the ALTÁN Redes B28 LTE network spilling over from Tijuana, my Samsung S8 is dropping to 3G and my iPhone 7 is crazy slow on LTE. Avoid San Ysidro if you can...

I'm going batty over this annoying quirk..

AT&T USA has an annoying problem with its network "sticking" onto your phone if you cross in Tijuana and stay relatively near the border. Everything actually works if you are inside the airport so you end up using AT&T MX.

Sorry Omarc I didn't mean to edit your post, I really gotta watch what options I use.
    I have been to san ysidro a lot and my Verizon phone switches to movistar a lot and only get 3G . Once in a while Itll pick up telcel and get lte in telcel

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Well feel lucky Verizon has invested that much engineering into your area.. trust me it's not the same everywhere
    I been to new York, chicago ,vegas , Washington and puerto Rico with my mom . Verizon worked better than At&t in all those places EXCEPT puerto rico . At&t was better there since it has it's own network . My Verizon phone was roaming on claro and open mobile on pr.

Feedback Score
    I’ve really enjoyed my experience with Verizon for the nearly 20 years I’ve been a customer and I just simply have no complaints. I still consider Verizon a premium product and worth the price, especially when using a premium device like an iPhone. Of course many varying factors come into play with a wireless connection so it’s entirely possible someone could have a different experience then the person standing next to them and they’ll both feel their assessment is accurate.

Feedback Score
    Hey guys, Op here, just checking back in. I’ve used more than 90GB on my line so far in my first month, and I have to say I’m feeling better about the switch.

Though I have had a couple dropped calls and identified a few new low coverage areas that AT&T covers well. I can also report that in my daily experiences around my town Verizon’s coverage is much more useful — much better coverage in grocery stores, school gymnasiums, community rec centers, etc.

I was recently in San Diego, Newark Airport (and SD airport), and on the tarmac and never had a single issue. No noticeable management after I used my allotted 75GB.

Cheaper bill, better voice, adequate data, no data stalls even with only 1 or two bars. More predications speed to signal strength relationship.

Even thought speeds are generally lower they are much more consistent. Speed tests are rock steady or increase in speed throughout the test. Versus bursting fast and then dropping off after a few seconds like on AT&T. And I’ve found a handful of VZW towers pushing over 220 Mbit/sec in surrounding towns near me.

The only thing that really annoys me are MiFi hotspots. Hard throttle after 15GB. Of course for $10/month I shouldn’t complain. Still miss my MR1100 with Ethernet though. I could run my whole house off of it in the event my FIOS was down — of course never was.

Wife’s happy. So that’s all that matters in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    I’ve really enjoyed my experience with Verizon for the nearly 20 years I’ve been a customer and I just simply have no complaints. I still consider Verizon a premium product and worth the price, especially when using a premium device like an iPhone. Of course many varying factors come into play with a wireless connection so it’s entirely possible someone could have a different experience then the person standing next to them and they’ll both feel their assessment is accurate.
    It *used* to be premium. Sure, i can always make a call.. but i'm more about the data and Verizon has not been nearly as good (thus why i just DualSIM both carriers) Most of the time i can run side by side tests, and Verizon will lose. Now, i can say I do not consistently run tests unless i'm experiencing page loading issues - and that's usually when my verizon line is selected for data i'm compelled to check.

There's a reason they have so many "tiers" of unlimited - they simply know they do not have the capacity to give everyone the same level of video (thus the 720p limit even on higher end plans) - whereas AT&T I can pull a full 39Mbps 4k AppleTV stream no problem.

I been to new York, chicago ,vegas , Washington and puerto Rico with my mom . Verizon worked better than At&t in all those places EXCEPT puerto rico . At&t was better there since it has it's own network . My Verizon phone was roaming on claro and open mobile on pr.

Clearly it's not been since AT&T started FirstNet installs. I used to absolutely hate at&t as well, but they've become the one with better data speeds since that money has been put into the network - they have better mid/low band spectrum holdings and the performance difference really is there now

Claro is just trash in PR. I always take another carrier as I already know my data will be trash on that network. I'm anxious to see how AT&T will be once they complete the sale of their network as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JSchnee21 View Post
    Hey guys, Op here, just checking back in. I’ve used more than 90GB on my line so far in my first month, and I have to say I’m feeling better about the switch.

Though I have had a couple dropped calls and identified a few new low coverage areas that AT&T covers well. I can also report that in my daily experiences around my town Verizon’s coverage is much more useful — much better coverage in grocery stores, school gymnasiums, community rec centers, etc.

I was recently in San Diego, Newark Airport (and SD airport), and on the tarmac and never had a single issue. No noticeable management after I used my allotted 75GB.

Cheaper bill, better voice, adequate data, no data stalls even with only 1 or two bars. More predications speed to signal strength relationship.

Even thought speeds are generally lower they are much more consistent. Speed tests are rock steady or increase in speed throughout the test. Versus bursting fast and then dropping off after a few seconds like on AT&T. And I’ve found a handful of VZW towers pushing over 220 Mbit/sec in surrounding towns near me.

The only thing that really annoys me are MiFi hotspots. Hard throttle after 15GB. Of course for $10/month I shouldn’t complain. Still miss my MR1100 with Ethernet though. I could run my whole house off of it in the event my FIOS was down — of course never was.

Wife’s happy. So that’s all that matters in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    If you're up in the NE then that's Verizon's backyard. They HAVE to be good there - just as AT&T HAS to be good in Texas (that's their backyard)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6