Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Just Switched from AT&T to Verizon -- 5 Lines -- Observations

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by harlenm77 View Post
    Verizon must have upgraded around my airport. Att wouldn’t work here, and now I get this from vzw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well i'm glad you're in the ONE airport they have spare capacity inside via DAS.. trust me there's not many of those Feel lucky

Go wait in a plane trying to taxi around, or hang on a plane sitting at a gate and I guarantee you that you'll have much, much different results (It'll definitely be less than 5Mbps, maybe even timing out data)

Your phone will be confused as it's getting a super weak DAS signal that's unusable, and service from some way overloaded sector trying to take all the traffic from others also in planes - this is where AT&T shines as 2300 they can blanket "sections" of the outdoor areas and the speeds reflect that as different parts of the runway/tarmac are covered by different sectors on that easy to control higher band
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Well i'm glad you're in the ONE airport they have spare capacity inside via DAS.. trust me there's not many of those Feel lucky

Go wait in a plane trying to taxi around, or hang on a plane sitting at a gate and I guarantee you that you'll have much, much different results (It'll definitely be less than 5Mbps, maybe even timing out data)

Your phone will be confused as it's getting a super weak DAS signal that's unusable, and service from some way overloaded sector trying to take all the traffic from others also in planes - this is where AT&T shines as 2300 they can blanket "sections" of the outdoor areas and the speeds reflect that as different parts of the runway/tarmac are covered by different sectors on that easy to control higher band
    I’m not outside, I’m in the terminal 8.5 hours a day

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Their speed is dropping in nyc. This is at Flatbush and Dekalb ave. Brooklyn. Name:  Screenshot_20200119-160826_Speedtest.jpeg
Views: 252
Size:  17.6 KBName:  Screenshot_20200119-161003_Service%20mode%20RIL.jpeg
Views: 254
Size:  31.5 KB

Sent from my Galaxy S10+ using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    If I needed service everywhere I went - I'd probably be using Verizon. I have a long time ago, but left them (2002/2003) due to cost, billing, and overall service issues. Similarly, I worked on an account around that time where I had in frame relay connections to EVERY US Telco at the time (SWBT/SNET/PacBell/GTE/NYNEX/Bell Atlantic/Frontier/Cinci-Bell/etc.). The worst one the I had to deal with was Bell Atlantic ~= Verizon. GTE (Verizon) was even better.
    Back to the overall ratings... If I needed to have service .. it would be Verizon. Many places I have been, specifically in California National forest areas - are only serviced by .. Verizon. Places like the roads around Big Bear, CA to the San Bernardino/Los Padres forests - VZW covers better than others. Some of this is due to timing (850MHz 'cellular days' - GTE/Verizon had gear put up). AT&T was a patchwork out here (Cell One SLO, AT&T Wireless, Edge Wireless, etc). T-Mobile was PacBell Wireless. T-Mobile service in general is pretty good in CA, especially urban/suburban. AT&T is better than T-Mo in rural (T-Mo is too cheap to build out where needed in many areas).
    Areas like Cambria, CA... VZW has ~3 sites. AT&T has 1 .. in a good location. T-Mobile has 1 ... in an awful location.
    In Northern Los Angeles... T-Mobile works for ~99% of where I go, and is relatively inexpensive ($140 including taxes/fees for 4 lines)
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    I'd been reading for years that Texas was ATT centric. I'd tried T-Mobile for years, but back then they were awful. I went to Verizon which was good for many years.

I decided to try Verizon prepaid for a year to save. It was awful where I needed in Austin. After 11 months, I tried ATT because I'd heard such great things. At least in my home and work areas, it was subpar. I got back on Verizon and ran them concurrently to find Verizon blew them away.

I read that T-mo is fantastic compared to when I had it, but my pilot buddy had awful service in and around the Austin airport a few weeks back. I'd trust Sprint for home hotspot which is what I have via Boost. Haven't needed it yet and reports haven't been positive from word of mouth out on the go. Happy to be back with Verizon postpaid now. It's thankfully checking all my boxes for now.

Feedback Score
    Guessing this is why Verizon is working much better lately here in FLL

Feedback Score

That must be new . I was down in Fort Lauderdale Airport back in August and Verizon struggled.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    That must be new . I was down in Fort Lauderdale Airport back in August and Verizon struggled.
    This is in the employee area, not the public area

Feedback Score

Just Switched from AT&T to Verizon -- 5 Lines -- Observations

Who is the best in Southern California between Verizon and AT&T regarding both data speeds and coverage? I keep toying with the idea of switching from Verizon to AT&T but never get enough ammunition to pull the trigger.

Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    I've yet to go anywhere were my Xfinity line has service and my T-Mobile doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    I have both Verizon and ATT. I'm a full time rv'er and travel around, mostly west of the Mississippi. Verizon is more reliable to have a usable signal. Where Verizon and ATT both have good service, ATT is usually faster. Just my observations.
    Coming from AT&T prepaid unlimited, I was getting much faster speeds with them here in Lexington, KY. Downtown I would get 100+. Verizon, I top out about 30 Mbps. I am sure Lexington is just getting congested with VZW.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jtbky View Post
    Coming from AT&T prepaid unlimited, I was getting much faster speeds with them here in Lexington, KY. Downtown I would get 100+. Verizon, I top out about 30 Mbps. I am sure Lexington is just getting congested with VZW.
    At&t has put plenty of work into Lexington KY and a recent article confirms they’ve been adding lots of sites in your area . Not that 30 Mbps is bad on VZ though ...

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300873094.html

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    At&t has put plenty of work into Lexington KY and a recent article confirms they’ve been adding lots of sites in your area . Not that 30 Mbps is bad on VZ though ...

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300873094.html
    They really have for sure. 30 isn't bad for them, although it was faster than that a few years ago.
    Only went with VZW because of the great coverage in Eastern KY with the LRA program.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score

Indoor DAS that I spoke of.. again

I’m not outside, I’m in the terminal 8.5 hours a day

Exactly... indoor on that DAS I spoke of

Like i said, I actually fly the planes, so when stuck sitting between flights outside on the tarmac is my biggest ***** with verizon, as they never have enough capacity and the data stalls, also when i'm downtown staying the night in hotels - I usually get stuck on some congested lower band and my data sucks. (although even on lower bands, having that FirstNet spectrum really helped them as they have an additional 20MHz that Verizon does not have in low band, so given an "even" split of 850MHz assets - AT&T will still have more lowband deployed usually)

AT&T I generally do not have these problems, and I'm happy VZ got into a DAS inside FLL... and i'm sure AT&T will eventually as well as AT&T just lives to install DAS inside buildings (around Columbus/Chicago, AT&T is generally excellent inside buildings due to this)

although, in our terminal.. AT&T is fine generally although I do not go to the "employee area" where all the ground staff go as I have zero reason to be inside that airport unless i'm coming from an overnight, grabbing food, or coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by jtbky View Post
    I'd be happy to get 5+ on Verizon all the time, if it did 30Mbps consistently even I would have never even considered using AT&T in the first place.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    Verizon is pretty much a downgrade these days when compared to at&t. It wasn't that way in the past but att has really built a great network while the Verizon network just keeps getting worse
    Downgrade not here in Los Angeles ca . Its deff better than At&t . As of this day At&t is slow and has very weak signal here in stores and buildings were as Verizon works fine . Also speed is usually faster on Verizon.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast