Thread: Mobile Chargers

Device(s)
    sony xperia
    Feedback Score

Mobile Chargers

Hi there we have 4 mobile phones at home. Usually when a mobile phone is purchased you are supplied with a charging block and we usb like wire. From what i've read it only has 2 extra wired for data transfer.

We have been having some issues ( as we use the wires interchangeably different blocks ) With phones not charging to phones saying they are charging but not charging.

Sometimes when you use another wire the phone will charge as it supposed to.

The wires, voltage and amperage being the same are the pins different even though they do still "fit".

Im just wondering because i post a phone that simply would not charge anymore and i think the copper plates got messed up due to using a cable that may have slightly different fitting pins?

We are talking different brands of android smart phones

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, POSH Micro X S240
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You might be having problems with cables that are early production for their associated phones, and were never tested with other models of phone.

I recommend that you replace all cables with 3rd-party cables that are more recent and made to interoperate with all phones. My favourite brand for cables is Anker. They are readily available on Amazon.

Feedback Score
    Most of these cables will get messed up from regular use & abuse.

I bought this & so far so good.
    Anker Powerline Micro USB - Charging Cable, with Aramid Fiber and 5000+ Bend Lifespan for Samsung, Nexus, LG, Motorola, Android Smartphones and More (Gray, 6ft) $5.99
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    5000+ Bend Lifespan being the key reason for the purchase.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.01.20

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar28 View Post
    Hi there we have 4 mobile phones at home. Usually when a mobile phone is purchased you are supplied with a charging block and we usb like wire. From what i've read it only has 2 extra wired for data transfer.

We have been having some issues ( as we use the wires interchangeably different blocks ) With phones not charging to phones saying they are charging but not charging.

Sometimes when you use another wire the phone will charge as it supposed to.

The wires, voltage and amperage being the same are the pins different even though they do still "fit".

Im just wondering because i post a phone that simply would not charge anymore and i think the copper plates got messed up due to using a cable that may have slightly different fitting pins?

We are talking different brands of android smart phones
    You may have cables that have gone bad. Bending and twisting cables, especially at the end points, can break the wires inside after a while.

Assuming you have cables with micro USB plug at the phone end, those are all standard and interchangeable, though the fit can vary somewhat. I have never had a problem with a cable that came with a phone, or even ones from the dollar store, but I don't twist them around much.

Is the fit on the phones all good? Is the socket on any of the phones loose or wiggly?

Check the socket of the phones. Dust, debris, lint buildup in the socket can stop them from making electrical connection to the cable plug.