Thread: two occasions today HoFo down, and presently responding slowly

Feedback Score

two occasions today HoFo down, and presently responding slowly

That's about what I found today. Site was down for everybody, not just me. Presently Howardforums is responding slowly to the different pages and like that on the forums.

I did not quote the Error Message page shown to me.

I used this site to check if just me or everybody: https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    We turned off cloudflare protection but apparently it was too soon as the site is still under attack. I have reached out to the forum owner to get this addressed.

Feedback Score
    Is the specific reason for this DDOS attack against Hofo known?

And are the specific reasons for previous DDOS attacks against Hofo known?
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTnT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTnT recurring {12*26} $13.50otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 04.11.20

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Reasons? Just speculating, as I'm just a member of the public at large who uses the internet in the 21st century: Mischief makers, malcontents, a**holes, who think it's cool to do stuff like this to disrupt whatever low-hanging fruit they can.

I'd like for there someday to be a way to concretely identify and apprehend all such persons, and have them put in stockades in the public square(s) (anywhere around the world) to be spat on (and worse).

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah it's very slow today as well, isitdown detector said it's down. Works but just keep trying to refresh. It is bandwidth overload?
    I have servers I can configure to the site if needed (congested).

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why don't you just move the site to a new server with better security firewall if it still suffers from DDOS attacks from time to time.
    Just curious, Is there a cap on your bandwidth or is it open to a set bandwidth, and how much traffic? Is it a balanced load? I used to be a webmaster and actually used to own a vbulletin license, and a nice board too.

Also the homepage would load a lot quicker if the forums where collapsed, and users could just click and it would drop down sub. It's a really weird way this forum navigates itself, a bit confusing and less convenient for the user. I love this site though, been a member for over ten years and almost everyday I'm on viewing posts. Love it! 👍🏼