Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Older Tracfones

Feedback Score
    Even if the number has been transferred to new phones over the years?

I've destroyed the old SIMs when I transferred service to newer phones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    Even if the number has been transferred to new phones over the years?

I've destroyed the old SIMs when I transferred service to newer phones.
    Transferring (porting) a number does not remove it from an Android phone. The number is in the phone not on the SIM.

It is just the number and it can't be used for anything other than seeing the number.

Feedback Score
    Once you take out the SIM, the display is stuck with whatever's there. A retired SIM from somewhere might load the display with something new, don't know. If the phone isn't picky about SIMs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    For Androids, yes. Factory reset does not remove the last active phone number. It's still there in Settings -> About phone. Don't know if this applies to all versions of Android.
    I have done factory resets on 3 inactive Android phones, and it makes them go back to setup screens for a new activation. You can't get to the normal menus to see anything.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    I have done factory resets on 3 inactive Android phones, and it makes them go back to setup screens for a new activation. You can't get to the normal menus to see anything.
    True, but if you go through the setup without activating new service with an new number the old number is there in Settings.

I only brought this up because the original post mentioned doing a factory reset to remove personal information. The old phone number is a bit of information that some people are not comfortable with disclosing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Also make sure that the IMEIs / SIMs are not connected to your account in any way.
    That is in agreement for why I asked THIS: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...o-anything-for

Feedback Score
    Do you mean still on the phone? Even with a factory reset?
    I have the same question.

Feedback Score
    For Androids, yes. Factory reset does not remove the last active phone number. It's still there in Settings -> About phone. Don't know if this applies to all versions of Android.

Activating the phone with a SIM that does not use a real phone number will clear it to Unknown. Truphone and Freedompop LTE work for this.

For Tracfone feature phones, I don't know. I was unable to do a factory reset on my old inactive one. I don't have the security code to try it.
    The part in bold, probably not true. I just checked using a version 4.4.2 Android of a device which not given restored cellular service a few years ago. Since ultimately service time expiration was to eventually be reached, not only no phone number is shown on the phone, but the phone number which was assigned back at that earlier time must have also gone into rebirth for somebody elses cellular service. I never did yet try a 'factory' reset. Maybe because of this, I miss the point. I am just then guessing, if you lost cell service due to expiration, then the phone does not keep a record of the lost-service telephone number as would show in "About Phone" of "settings".

(NOTE: this checking was done with SIM card and without SIM card.)
    Last edited by joseg2016; 01-19-2020 at 01:11 PM.

Feedback Score

For Tracfone feature phones, I don't know. I was unable to do a factory reset on my old inactive one. I don't have the security code to try it.
    I was going thru my oooolder Tracfones (so old I don't even know what model they are) and came across the security code thing.
    I just put in 0000 and that got me in to do the reset. I had 2 choices. I did them both.

Feedback Score
    I was going thru my oooolder Tracfones (so old I don't even know what model they are) and came across the security code thing.
    I just put in 0000 and that got me in to do the reset. I had 2 choices. I did them both.
    Thanks for the tip. That was it.

I did a Master Reset and Master Clear on the LG500GHL Tracfone feature phone. The old number is still in there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2