Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: Home Internet

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    266
    Feedback Score
    0

    Home Internet

    Maybe I missed the thread, but is anyone using TM Home Internet service for $50/month listed on their website?

    If so, what do you think? We currently use Comcast/Xfinity (we cut the cord and only need internet now) and they SUCK! Holy cow! Three months now we haven't gotten the same price on our bill and everyone we talk to, in person or over phone, seems to have a different story. It can't be that hard!

    So, we are looking for another way to get internet without having to rig up anything. We like it simple.
    Get the best in Fitness Training with Fitness Professionals!
    www.TopFitnessStrategies.com

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    19,166
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Don't forget that the T-moble home internet is only available in select markets and not all areas.

    I visited the internet link which asks for your home address to check coverage. My market does not have coverage. How much are you paying per month ?? I dropped all cable TV and use Century Link for internet only. My connection speed is up to 10 Mbs but typically runs at approx. 6 Mbs. I pay $35/month with no additional fees or taxes. I do not rent my router and bought my own saving $10/month.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,109
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotex21 View Post
    Maybe I missed the thread, but is anyone using TM Home Internet service for $50/month listed on their website?
    Here was the thread that was started on this in case there's any info of interest to you.

    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-Home-Internet

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,030
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I also hate Comcast and can't wait to fire them as my ISP. There are a lot of new competitors coming along with T-Mobile including Amazon and SpaceX that are going with satellite ISP directly to your home.

    https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/cord...spectrum-more/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    6,560
    Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    0
    I would definitely like to see T-Mobile home internet spread more widely.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles/Canada
    Posts
    11,598
    Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    I've tried it. It isn't bad, especially if you use the LAN port, as TMobile claims to limit Wi-Fi host count. Upside for me. Speeds were better than 100Mbps, and it was portable. Downside... You can't hit your devices from the Internet, phone jack is disabled. TMobile doesn't have Gps on this, so Roku stick Hulu won't function with live TV.

    Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    377
    Device(s)
    Samsung S10+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I've had TMO home internet for a few months now. The service has worked fairly well but can have some issues. as stated above it will not work with any streaming service that requires GPS such a Hulu. We have DirecTV satellite and Amazon Prime and Netflix and the last two work well with the service

    We have the wireless on the TMO box shut off and a Netgear Orbi mesh base router plugged into a lan Port. The Nestgear has two satellite boxes and we have a TMO Linelink box plugged into one of the satellites. All works fine.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    266
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    I've tried it. It isn't bad, especially if you use the LAN port, as TMobile claims to limit Wi-Fi host count. Upside for me. Speeds were better than 100Mbps, and it was portable. Downside... You can't hit your devices from the Internet, phone jack is disabled. TMobile doesn't have Gps on this, so Roku stick Hulu won't function with live TV.

    Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    What does that mean? "You can't hit your devices from the Internet"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles/Canada
    Posts
    11,598
    Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Take for example that I have cable or dsl. I will get an ip address such as 172.91.x.y. If I have services such as rdp, ssh, httpd or a web cam on my LAN 10.x.y.z in rfc 1918. I can hhit my modem address from any ip address on the internet. Using TMobile service, you cannot hit your modem IP address from the Internet. It is either put there as a NAT up address or proxy.

    Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,687
    Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotex21 View Post
    What does that mean? "You can't hit your devices from the Internet"
    He means that you can not remote connect to your computers or file transfers, connect to cameras (on demand) or systems that allow you to "dial back home".
    A lot of us like to connect back home... I do it all the time to my laptop or my computer... from work or on the road when I need a file, a pdf, a picture, etc.. sometimes we 'nerds' setup a http or ftp server in our home to stream video/audio or large file transfers or setup a gaming network

    With t-mobile internet you can not hit your devices from the internet. T-Mobile hides you behind their WAN.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    266
    Feedback Score
    0
    Whoa.......way to geeky for me! Even after the non-geek explanation. Since I don't connect back home for anything, I guess I won't worry about it! lol! As long as I can connect my devices while I'm at home, I'm happy! lol Thanks everyone!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,059
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cr0w View Post
    He means that you can not remote connect to your computers or file transfers, connect to cameras (on demand) or systems that allow you to "dial back home".
    A lot of us like to connect back home... I do it all the time to my laptop or my computer... from work or on the road when I need a file, a pdf, a picture, etc.. sometimes we 'nerds' setup a http or ftp server in our home to stream video/audio or large file transfers or setup a gaming network

    With t-mobile internet you can not hit your devices from the internet. T-Mobile hides you behind their WAN.
    yeah, that's a showstopper for me.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    306
    Device(s)
    LG V40 ThinQ
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    0
    You can always use a VPN service on a router or optionally device based like PUREVPN. For 1.99 a month you get the added service of a dedicated routable ipv4 address. You can then open whatever ports you like on their end and then run the service locally and connect from wherever.

    This was my solution was using Verizon UDP and a T1114. The most elegant setup is to get an open-source router and have it do all the VPN networking. Then it is truly set it and forget it.

    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    182
    Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    Using TMobile service, you cannot hit your modem IP address from the Internet. HoFo mobile app
    You can if you access them over IPv6.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    306
    Device(s)
    LG V40 ThinQ
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    0
    This too.

    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. using n-gage or qd for home internet
    By gratefulgolfer in forum N-Gage Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2005, 02:49 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-10-2005, 11:55 AM
  3. Fido's home internet service
    By The View in forum Fido
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 09:01 AM
  4. Using home internet on a phone??
    By Roaddy in forum Siemens
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-13-2004, 07:49 PM
  5. Using home internet on a phone.
    By Roaddy in forum Fido
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-07-2004, 02:24 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks