Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Kick off AT&T iPad plan by the fraud department?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Welp - it looks like the unlimited option is no longer available.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ATT/comment...499_no_longer/

Feedback Score
    Hey - fixed home wireless changed too. Fixed wireless used to say speeds "up to 10mbps" but now it says speeds "typically 25mbps" ....which is right in line with what I've seen with the few people I helped with the ipad plan. (sorry - can't post a link because I have no reputation)

And honestly? If you're not getting capped at 10mbps, but can really get in the high teens (or better - one of my friends gets 90 down on a nighthawk...) that's an excellent deal. Hell if you're a light user it's still a better deal than Crapcast.

I'm touting my own horn now, but I think this goes to show that I was correct to think this has all been an experiment as far as ATT is concerned - fixed home wireless having speeds that actually can support a small family now is just the next step in that evolution process. What do you want to bet by the end of next year, it's $70 a month and includes 5g where available, which is very similar to Verizon's current $70 a month '5g only' LTE home internet offering that's available in major cities.

This also makes it cost-prohibitive for the scalpers on eBay that were reselling the ipad plans. Good. Personally I wouldn't even be upset if they did cancel the ipad plan now then. Sure some insanely high users would still not find the actual fixed wireless plan useful, but it's definitely fair.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Glassweaver View Post
    Hey - fixed home wireless changed too. Fixed wireless used to say speeds "up to 10mbps" but now it says speeds "typically 25mbps" ....which is right in line with what I've seen with the few people I helped with the ipad plan. (sorry - can't post a link because I have no reputation)

And honestly? If you're not getting capped at 10mbps, but can really get in the high teens (or better - one of my friends gets 90 down on a nighthawk...) that's an excellent deal. Hell if you're a light user it's still a better deal than Crapcast.

I'm touting my own horn now, but I think this goes to show that I was correct to think this has all been an experiment as far as ATT is concerned - fixed home wireless having speeds that actually can support a small family now is just the next step in that evolution process. What do you want to bet by the end of next year, it's $70 a month and includes 5g where available, which is very similar to Verizon's current $70 a month '5g only' LTE home internet offering that's available in major cities.

This also makes it cost-prohibitive for the scalpers on eBay that were reselling the ipad plans. Good. Personally I wouldn't even be upset if they did cancel the ipad plan now then. Sure some insanely high users would still not find the actual fixed wireless plan useful, but it's definitely fair.
    Those who actually have Tablets and did not abuse the plan or never signed up before can still get the unlimited plan through the tablet itself. You can’t pop in a sim and activate it via the browser anymore. I verified with my own ipad that I can still get the plan. AT&T cleaned off all the freeloaders dragging down the system for the rest of us.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    Those who actually have Tablets and did not abuse the plan....
    I honestly wouldn't even mention that. You'll just drive up the "busted barely working" iPad market and it will accelerate the actual and total removal for people that truly are using it as intended.

Anyway, Fixed home wireless looks great. Glad it's not capped at 10mbps anymore.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    Those who actually have Tablets and did not abuse the plan or never signed up before can still get the unlimited plan through the tablet itself. You can’t pop in a sim and activate it via the browser anymore. I verified with my own ipad that I can still get the plan. AT&T cleaned off all the freeloaders dragging down the system for the rest of us.
    Is it still working? So you insert a new sim in an iPad and how do you add the plan by not going to a browser?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3