Thread: Domestic roaming

Feedback Score

Domestic roaming

Will T-Mobile prepaid plans allow for domestic roaming? I just checked our summer vacation destination -- Alaska -- and there does not seem to be any native T-Mobile coverage; it's all roaming, and even that is spotty. I may end up switching back to AT&T since I'd like to have decent coverage on the roads we'll be driving (AT&T shows full coverage along our routes).

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rochrunner View Post
    Will T-Mobile prepaid plans allow for domestic roaming? I just checked our summer vacation destination -- Alaska -- and there does not seem to be any native T-Mobile coverage; it's all roaming, and even that is spotty. I may end up switching back to AT&T since I'd like to have decent coverage on the roads we'll be driving (AT&T shows full coverage along our routes).
    Someone may need to chime in with updated info, but the last time I checked/used T-Mobile prepaid, the domestic roaming was talk and text only. So yes, domestic roaming will work in Alaska but you won't be able to use any data.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin520 View Post
    Someone may need to chime in with updated info, but the last time I checked/used T-Mobile prepaid, the domestic roaming was talk and text only. So yes, domestic roaming will work in Alaska but you won't be able to use any data.
    T-Mobile used to say in the mouse print on their prepaid plans page that there was 100 MB per month of data roaming on the $40 plan and 500 MB on $50 plan. (This was before the $60 plan). Now they just say "U.S. roaming and on-network data allotments differ; see selected service for details." When I select a plan it still says the same thing.

Maybe someone who has one of these plans can look at their plan's description on my.t-mobile.com and tell us what it says about roaming, if anything.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    Feedback Score
    On Simply Prepaid Unlimited, there is international roaming available, plus roaming in Mexico and Canada for $5.00/month.

https://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/co...HFT8CXPUZ17057 is the coverage map on the Simply Prepaid Unlimited page. It appears to be Partner (roaming) coverage in Alaska where service is available.
    T-Mobile customer since 2005.