Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How do I set up call forwarding on a Motorola Moto E4?

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Hmm, thought it would be the same as my E4 Plus, but as stated earlier it must be a Sprint thing.

Feedback Score
    this is from the Motorola website for call fowarding - https://support.motorola.com/us/en/p...ments/MS120362

Carrier(s)
    RedPocket 500/500/500 plan at $10/mo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    this is from the Motorola website for call fowarding - https://support.motorola.com/us/en/p...ments/MS120362
    Name:  moto e4.png
Views: 171
Size:  113.9 KB

This is apparently my situation. I chatted today with a RP agent who created a trouble ticket and escalated it to tech support. I am not too hopeful that they will be able to resolve it, so I might just live without call forwarding.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Feedback Score
    My E4 has the same screen as the OPs with no call forwarding option. I always thought call forwarding (having your phone ring to a different number) was always done through a *## code and no specific phone setting. Are we confusing call forwarding to a different number then the cells, or with call forwarding/transfer, where you're on a call and want to then forward/transfer it to a different number? In that case I could see the need for a function in the phone like the E4 Plus has.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post

This is apparently my situation. I chatted today with a RP agent who created a trouble ticket and escalated it to tech support. I am not too hopeful that they will be able to resolve it, so I might just live without call forwarding.
    FWIW with Cricket I have been using Star21StarTenDigitNumberPound to activate all calls forwarding. Not sure if that would work with RP but you could try it. To cancel I use PoundPound21Pound.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post

The Motorola call settings menu only seems to be used by T-Mobile. AT&T uses *21*. Sprint and Verizon use *72.

As I said earlier, some of these may work on an MVNO.

Carrier(s)
    RedPocket 500/500/500 plan at $10/mo
    Feedback Score
    Amazingly, somebody at Red Pocket waved a magic wand and when I pressed in *72+ forward number I did not hear, "The feature code you've entered is not valid." And in fact call forwarding is now working. So my frequent chats with customer service somehow made a difference. Despite any negative things I or other HoFoers have written about Red Pocket in that past, I give them credit for somehow fixing this. Apparently it is not a limitation that Sprint puts on their MVNOs. At least not in this case.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Call Forwarding is not supposed to work with Red Pocket, but fortunately it does.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2