Thread: LG Stylo 3 battery expanded

Feedback Score

LG Stylo 3 battery expanded

Has anybody had their battery expand and damage the back cover? If that happens within the year warranty I wonder if it is covered.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jshannon View Post
    Has anybody had their battery expand and damage the back cover? If that happens within the year warranty I wonder if it is covered.
    It would be covered as long as there’s no damage. But the Stylo 3 is a 3 year old device. And hasn’t been sold as brand new from a manufacture in at least a year. So it’s doubtful warranty would apply.

When did you buy the phone? Did you buy it from a a carrier or a 3rd party? If a 3rd party it’s likely it doesn’t have any manufacture warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Feedback Score
    Bought from smart talk (tracfone) 11/19, but I have an extended warranty.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Just be careful if you ship that expanded phone for a warranty. I know lots of shippers does not like shipping them because they are extremely dangerous.

Feedback Score
    I ended up just buying a new back cover and battery myself. Its like new! I need prevention tips on preventing that in the future, or maybe any worn out battery may do that. The phone was used ALOT over the last year. I kept it on a charger and maybe that is a bad idea...to keep on charger when fully charged.

Feedback Score
    I ended up just buying a new back cover and battery myself. Its like new! I need prevention tips on preventing that in the future, or maybe any worn out battery may do that. The phone was used ALOT over the last year. I kept it on a charger and maybe that is a bad idea...to keep on charger when fully charged.
    Since my moms in a nursing home and isn't reliably able to keep plugging/unplugging her phone all the time, I wondered about keeping a phone plugged in all the time. General online article research consensus is that the only impact it may have is reducing battery life. Likewise using it while plugged in. No ill affects other then maybe reduced battery life. What's the consensus here?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Since my moms in a nursing home and isn't reliably able to keep plugging/unplugging her phone all the time, I wondered about keeping a phone plugged in all the time. General online article research consensus is that the only impact it may have is reducing battery life. Likewise using it while plugged in. No ill affects other then maybe reduced battery life. What's the consensus here?
    my samsung galaxy phone that I've left plugged in due to the battery won't stay charged, now has a swollen battery.

Feedback Score
    I had an old iPhone 4s that swelled, ruptured the case and broke circuit boards inside. Nothing worth fixing there. I have also had another phone with a swelled battery. I caught it before it caused any damage. It happens with old or worn out batteries.

Same thing with USPs and sealed lead-acid batteries and flashlights.