Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: LG Stylo 3 battery expanded

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    144
    Feedback Score
    0

    LG Stylo 3 battery expanded

    Has anybody had their battery expand and damage the back cover? If that happens within the year warranty I wonder if it is covered.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    SID 246
    Posts
    2,656
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jshannon View Post
    Has anybody had their battery expand and damage the back cover? If that happens within the year warranty I wonder if it is covered.
    It would be covered as long as there’s no damage. But the Stylo 3 is a 3 year old device. And hasn’t been sold as brand new from a manufacture in at least a year. So it’s doubtful warranty would apply.

    When did you buy the phone? Did you buy it from a a carrier or a 3rd party? If a 3rd party it’s likely it doesn’t have any manufacture warranty.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

    I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

    My Photography www.hunterspad.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    144
    Feedback Score
    0
    Bought from smart talk (tracfone) 11/19, but I have an extended warranty.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    West Central Iowa
    Posts
    950
    Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Just be careful if you ship that expanded phone for a warranty. I know lots of shippers does not like shipping them because they are extremely dangerous.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    144
    Feedback Score
    0
    I ended up just buying a new back cover and battery myself. Its like new! I need prevention tips on preventing that in the future, or maybe any worn out battery may do that. The phone was used ALOT over the last year. I kept it on a charger and maybe that is a bad idea...to keep on charger when fully charged.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    779
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jshannon View Post
    I ended up just buying a new back cover and battery myself. Its like new! I need prevention tips on preventing that in the future, or maybe any worn out battery may do that. The phone was used ALOT over the last year. I kept it on a charger and maybe that is a bad idea...to keep on charger when fully charged.
    Since my moms in a nursing home and isn't reliably able to keep plugging/unplugging her phone all the time, I wondered about keeping a phone plugged in all the time. General online article research consensus is that the only impact it may have is reducing battery life. Likewise using it while plugged in. No ill affects other then maybe reduced battery life. What's the consensus here?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,006
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Since my moms in a nursing home and isn't reliably able to keep plugging/unplugging her phone all the time, I wondered about keeping a phone plugged in all the time. General online article research consensus is that the only impact it may have is reducing battery life. Likewise using it while plugged in. No ill affects other then maybe reduced battery life. What's the consensus here?
    my samsung galaxy phone that I've left plugged in due to the battery won't stay charged, now has a swollen battery.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,549
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jshannon View Post
    Has anybody had their battery expand and damage the back cover? If that happens within the year warranty I wonder if it is covered.
    I had an old iPhone 4s that swelled, ruptured the case and broke circuit boards inside. Nothing worth fixing there. I have also had another phone with a swelled battery. I caught it before it caused any damage. It happens with old or worn out batteries.

    Same thing with USPs and sealed lead-acid batteries and flashlights.

Similar Threads

  1. LG TM520 Battery Problems
    By Jarrek in forum TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-05-2003, 09:58 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-27-2003, 03:56 PM
  3. LG vx6000 battery
    By shikhan in forum LG
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-27-2003, 03:57 PM
  4. LG VX4400 battery life (compared to V60i)?
    By PabloTX in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-02-2003, 04:28 PM
  5. LG VX4400 Battery meter bug?
    By frail in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-26-2003, 10:42 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks