Thread: New 32GB Tracfone on HSN for $99

Feedback Score

New 32GB Tracfone on HSN for $99

HSN has the Samsung A10e, a 5.83", 32 GB phone with year service/1500 buckets for $99.99 with free shipping.
    Great deal for someone looking for a 32GB phone.

https://www.hsn.com/products/samsung...nutest/9380475

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry430 View Post
    HSN has the Samsung A10e, a 5.83", 32 GB phone with year service/1500 buckets for $99.99 with free shipping.
    Great deal for someone looking for a 32GB phone.

https://www.hsn.com/products/samsung...nutest/9380475
    That's pretty good looking phone with almost no bezel and edge-to-edge display. The screen resolution not being full HD might be the only draw back.

I was reading that Samsung is eliminating the low end "J" series. I guess the "A" series will now cover the low end phones also as "A" series was exclusive to mid line Samsung phones.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    It is a nice looking phone, and the A -series seems to be coming on strong with several models across various carriers at different price points. The A50 is quite a nice package in the $300 range.

However, these new devices appear to be based on the 18:9 screen ratio, which of course is the thing with most devices on major carriers; a little slower to hit the MVNO folks.

With the A10 this, in my opinion, gives the phone an unusually narrow feel, and for portrait mode text thumbing could be kind of tight. So potential buyers should take that into consideration.

Also one other thing specific to the A10 that someone on here brought up a while back, was that it does not have an auto display brightness feature. Manual all the way. Not a drawback for me, but some people take it for granted.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the heads-up. That's an awesome deal.

Ordinarily I would be all over that like like white on rice because I have been dying for a modern 32GB Samsung Tracfone. However, in exchange for 32Gb of internal space, Samsung dropped the specs on the camera down to 8 MP/5 MP versus 13 MP/ 13 MP on last year's J7 Crown. I don't take pictures often, but when I do, I like them to be as sharp and crisp as possible. With 13 MP, I now can get away with traveling with just my Crown phone taking pictures instead of bringing a separate camera. No way do I want to downgrade to 8MP, or worse, 5MP.

So as much as I am desperate to upgrade to a 32 GB phone, I am passing on this one. Here's hoping next year they come out with a 32 GB phone with also a stellar camera. But I understand their goal is to keep costs down on this level of Samsung so that wish is likely a pipe dream. Instead maybe someday they'll stop installing so much bloatware on our phones that we cannot remove that's taking up precious space.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    It is a nice looking phone, and the A -series seems to be coming on strong with several models across various carriers at different price points. The A50 is quite a nice package in the $300 range.

However, these new devices appear to be based on the 18:9 screen ratio, which of course is the thing with most devices on major carriers; a little slower to hit the MVNO folks.

With the A10 this, in my opinion, gives the phone an unusually narrow feel, and for portrait mode text thumbing could be kind of tight. So potential buyers should take that into consideration.
    I'm not too keen on the narrow look of this phone. I agree with your assessment that it would be a bit tight reading in portrait mode. and I'm wondering would widescreen in landscape mode look a little stretched and also narrow?

Only benefit to narrow for me is being a female with small hands it's likely easier to hold.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I may have been interested in this phone if it had better camera and screen specs. I didn't know HSN was going to have a Tracfone TS so got a bit excited when I tuned in and saw it. That excitement faded after I looked on their site and what the actual details of the phone were outside of it being a 32 GB one.