Thread: LG VX8300 signal issues

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Gusto 2, LG VX8300
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

LG VX8300 signal issues

Hello! I have an LG VX8300 and I used to be able to pick up EVDO and 1X at the same time, but now I can only pick up one of the other by going into the service menu and changing the mode preference in Network settings. Is there any way to fix this?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    More than likely, the data and/or voice networks have been converted to VOLTE in your calling area which your phone does not support. Your phone uses CDMA technology and Verizon has made it clear that the older network will be shut down by the end of 2020. I recommend upgrading your phone to a VOLTE capable phone. Verizon sells flip phones with the newer technology if you do not want or need a smart phone. There is nothing you can do to override this current limitation short of a new phone.

Verizon has started turning off the CDMA networks in select markets while converting them to VOLTE (4G) networks. Don't worry about the newer 5G networks as those are still more than a couple of years from full integration based on current development. It will use the VOLTE networks in their infrastructure.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Gusto 2, LG VX8300
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Okay, I’ve gotten another phone, the LG enV3 from Verizon, and it picks both EVDO and 1X signals up just fine at the same time. The VX8300 however, does not, as I’ve stated in my last post. I’ve verified that both the signals are still there and both the radios work in the VX8300, as stated in the last post. I’ve narrowed it down to a hardware or interference issue. If anyone has the same problem as me, please let me know. If you have already diagnosed the problem, please let me know.
    DV

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DVINTHEHOUSEMAN View Post
    Okay, I’ve gotten another phone, the LG enV3 from Verizon, and it picks both EVDO and 1X signals up just fine at the same time. The VX8300 however, does not, as I’ve stated in my last post. I’ve verified that both the signals are still there and both the radios work in the VX8300, as stated in the last post. I’ve narrowed it down to a hardware or interference issue. If anyone has the same problem as me, please let me know. If you have already diagnosed the problem, please let me know.
    That phone will also become a brick at the end of the year with EVDO and 1x are shut down. You were told to get a phone that supports VoLTE

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Look at the device section to the right of the post. I have an iPhone 7.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DVINTHEHOUSEMAN View Post
    Look at the device section to the right of the post. I have an iPhone 7.
    Keep in mind that you have multiple phones in your profile, it is impossible to determine which phone you are using unless you confirm which one.