Thread: What's the best android phone for pageplus under $150?

Feedback Score

What's the best android phone for pageplus under $150?

Dropped my Galaxy s7 today and i need a new phone. I've been reading forums and looked on the pageplus website and Amazon for new cheap android phone. What do you recommend? Thanks in advance.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    The Moto Z3 Play has been $149.99 quite often over the last year or so. It is more right now, but if I needed a new phone and only wanted to spend $150, I might wait a little while hoping it goes back on sale.

Do you have any other backup phone that you could use temporarily for a little while?

If not, the unlocked Moto G6 is $149 at https://amzn.com/B079Z792J7.
    Motorola G6 – 32 GB – Unlocked (AT&T/Sprint/T-Mobile/Verizon) – Black - (U.S. Warranty) - PAAE0000US

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgfan View Post
    Dropped my Galaxy s7 today and i need a new phone. I've been reading forums and looked on the pageplus website and Amazon for new cheap android phone. What do you recommend? Thanks in advance.
    Yeah, Samsung S7 phones are usually not worth fixing. Too expensive for things like screen or battery.

Page Plus usually charges more for the same phone compared to the other Tracfone companies. These phone are all interchangeable if there is a carrier match. Lots of people have activated new phones from Tracfone/Total Wireless/Straight Talk on Page Plus. Don't even need to change the SIM card. You can just swap the SIM from the broken S7.

A decent phone for a backup is the Alcatel TCL LX on the Tracfone website for only $15. I am very impressed with mine.
    Tracfone has the Galaxy S7 for $150 if you want to stay with that model.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If you want something that is branded that is easy to find, I would say the Moto G7 Optimo Maxx(Moto G7 Power) or Samsung Galaxy A10e are good phones. I have played with both. I like the battery life of the Moto G7 Optimo Maxx the most.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    As I'm sure you noticed, I was suggesting unlocked universal phones that can be used with any carrier or MVNO.

The other suggestions were for phones locked to Tracfone-owned MVNOs, which are often cheaper, and will work with any TF Vzw SIM, including PPC.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgfan View Post
    At $150 you're just below the level where mid-range begins, so you'll have to give up a lot of features. I guess I'd choose the LG Stylo 5 for $130. No NFC. See https://shop.totalwireless.com/shop/...o-5-lte-l722dl .
    Last edited by CanadianAngela; 01-24-2020 at 03:56 PM.

Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone for your input! I ended up buying a total wireless Moto G7 Optimo Maxx at Walmart for $130. Put the Pageplus sim card in from my old phone and it works perfectly. Love the big screen and suppose to have long battery life.