Thread: Sizing wallpaper image in new e5

Feedback Score

Sizing wallpaper image in new e5

I have an image I want to use as wallpaper, which I've used on my previous Samsungs. It's about 4"x7". I've tried using it at 72ppi & 96ppi, either way, the phone zooms into the bottom left area of the pic & only shows that as the wallpaper. Any way to get the image full size? Pic & screen proportions are not the same, so I expected either some cropping or black bands top & bottom, not this odd, not even on the center, zooming in. Basically using a variation of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nude_D...aircase,_No._2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DanCalling View Post
    I have an image I want to use as wallpaper, which I've used on my previous Samsungs. It's about 4"x7". I've tried using it at 72ppi & 96ppi, either way, the phone zooms into the bottom left area of the pic & only shows that as the wallpaper. Any way to get the image full size? Pic & screen proportions are not the same, so I expected either some cropping or black bands top & bottom, not this odd, not even on the center, zooming in. Basically using a variation of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nude_D...aircase,_No._2
    I just added the picture I wanted to use to my e5 and in a gallery I opened the picture and tapped the three dots and the menu opened and I chose the 'set as' and chose Wallpaper.

Depending on what gallery app you are using it may also offer to use the same picture as the lock screen.

I'll be honest with you, I absolutely pretty much despise all of the galleries offered in the Play Store.

What I want is the same gallery that is on all of my older Android phones.

Like the one on the LG Fiesta 2.
    It was included on the phone as the default gallery.
    I didn't have to go looking for it because it was already on the phone. It does exactly what I want it to do.
    That gallery is the most functional and easy to use than any of the other galleries that I have tried from the Play Store.

Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2

Feedback Score
    The problem isn't loading/selecting the pic, it's that the moto is oddly zooming in & cropping it. Here's a pic of the same image as wallpaper on my old Samsung & on the new Moto. ???

Name:  wallpapers2.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  98.3 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DanCalling View Post
    The problem isn't loading/selecting the pic, it's that the moto is oddly zooming in & cropping it. Here's a pic of the same image as wallpaper on my old Samsung & on the new Moto. ???

Name:  wallpapers2.jpg
Size:  98.3 KB
    I'm not sure what is going on with that on your phones.

I use the same picture on most of my phones as the wallpaper and lock screen.

The only difference that I notice on the different phones is that some of them are the taller skinny phones so the picture shows tall and thin and on my phones that are wider the picture shows a bit wider.

The gallery app adjusts it to fit the screen.
    When I chose to set it as wallpaper. Name:  IMG_20190315_233020_01.jpg
Size:  107.8 KB

Sent from my Monstrous Moto e5